IGNORED

New Spiderman film - OK for younger kids?

constantgardener

Has anyone here seen the new Spiderman movie? It's just about to come out here and my son wants to take a few friends to see it for his 8th birthday. Trouble is it's rated 12A and all his friends are 8, and his brother is 6. Do you think it will be OK for them? Obviously I'm mainly concerned about over-the-top violence, sexy bits or scary bits. My boys have seen 12-rated films before, but I'm a bit worried about being responsible for other peoples' kids.

Has anyone here seen the new Spiderman movie? It's just about to come out here and my son wants to take a few friends to see it for his 8th birthday. Trouble is it's rated 12A and all his friends are 8, and his brother is 6. Do you think it will be OK for them? Obviously I'm mainly concerned about over-the-top violence, sexy bits or scary bits. My boys have seen 12-rated films before, but I'm a bit worried about being responsible for other peoples' kids.

As far as I know it's more violence than sexy/scary bits but I would suggest you watch the previous spiderman movie from a few years ago to get a basic gist of it for yourself. If they've seen The Avengers, Capt. America, Iron Man, or Thor, then Spiderman should be fine.

Thanks, Sunshine. Spiderman-themed invites have gone out so there's no going back now!

Thanks, Sunshine. Spiderman-themed invites have gone out so there's no going back now!

No problem :) Hope the Birthday Boy has fun! 8 is the age where you go from "Little kid" to "Big kid" and it's a very special birthday :)

Archived