IGNORED

Maxwell's are packing the bus....

Justme

I think it's weird how every picture shows everyone posing looking at the camera.

Sarah's hair and skin look rough. Wonder if she's been fasting.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, please tell me that some of our PA FJers are going to this! I was -this- close to making the trip, but couldn't get any of my non-fundie watching friends to go with me. (Yeah, and of course they thought I was nuts to even think of going to a strange church an hour away to 'fellowship' with the M's.)

Our bus was a Bluebird, GMC converted school bus. Uriah would have lusted for Sunset. None of those nasty berths with polyester privacy curtains. All of her inside panels were covered in Indonesian Ikat. Her roller was hand painted with her name and above the windshield was a antique mirrored toran. Poor Uriah.

Updates, Uriah made it to Pennsylvania. Check out John "pumping the diesel!" Also, looks as if 2 of the girls were allowed to venture into the convenience store to get ice.

Updates, Uriah made it to Pennsylvania. Check out John "pumping the diesel!" Also, looks as if 2 of the girls were allowed to venture into the convenience store to get ice.

Sadly, for me at least, Joseph is the diesel pumper. Joseph's ok, but my cougar heart belongs to John. I'd like to see him pumping.

Sadly, for me at least, Joseph is the diesel pumper. Joseph's ok, but my cougar heart belongs to John. I'd like to see him pumping.

Whoops, my mistake! Sorry to raise false hopes, I do find the boys look pretty alike from a distance!

This is the CHEF conference they are attending, isn't it? Because Rebecca!!!!!11!! has already posted about going there! If it's the same conference, I am shocked Rebecca!! missed the Maxwells' presentations.

Anna and Jesse, the remainder of Team B, enjoyed keeping John company

Why does Sarah write everything in such a way as to beg for the mind to go there? Or am I a pervert?

Why does Sarah write everything in such a way as to beg for the mind to go there? Or am I a pervert?

Well, they are all stuck together in a small space! Actually it surprises me that Steve allows mixed genders on the bus. Seems like a very defrauding set-up. The evil Catholics would call it an "occasion of sin."

Notice how none of the women are the drivers for either "team." Do Teri and Sarah even have drivers licenses?

I think the teams are not only to keep the drivers awake, but also to keep them accountable. John might be tempted to (gasp!) listen to the radio. He could even secretly listen to a book on a CD. There is a brother and a sister to ensure that everything is on the up and up. We can't have John and Jesse discussing women, sex, or anything, really. So Anna is included so there is nothing defrauding going on while John drives.

I think Sarah and Teri know how to drive, but you KNOW that driving Uriah is man's work.

Slightly off topic, but the radio comment above made me wonder -- are the Maxwells allowed to listen to classical music? Surely there can't be anything defrauding or impure about that... right?

Slightly off topic, but the radio comment above made me wonder -- are the Maxwells allowed to listen to classical music? Surely there can't be anything defrauding or impure about that... right?

Unless they enjoyed listening to it, which would make the music an idol. And we can't have that, can we? :roll:

I wonder if the Maxwells be staying with a host family who is attending the conference. I hope they are and I hope the host family tries to have fun in front of them.

Well, they are all stuck together in a small space! Actually it surprises me that Steve allows mixed genders on the bus. Seems like a very defrauding set-up. The evil Catholics would call it an "occasion of sin."?

I'm sure I remember reading that Stevie fitted a curtain between the girls and boys area. Though how the logistics work out in practice when you have 8 adults 2 adults and 6 children all trying to change without defrauding each other. Most of us on here must of walked in on someone by accident in the shower etc, wonder how Stevie deals with that?

Notice in this pic:

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/DSC_4412.jpg

Stevie and Terri seem to have their own little love nest at the rear of Uriah. (Poor Uriah)

I'm sure I remember reading that Stevie fitted a curtain between the girls and boys area. Though how the logistics work out in practice when you have 8 adults 2 adults and 6 children all trying to change without defrauding each other. Most of us on here must of walked in on someone by accident in the shower etc, wonder how Stevie deals with that?

Notice in this pic:

Stevie and Terri seem to have their own little love nest at the rear of Uriah. (Poor Uriah)

My guess is that Steve probably has scheduled changing times. I wonder if the Maxwell boys are banned from walking around shirtless.

My guess is that Steve probably has scheduled changing times. I wonder if the Maxwell boys are banned from walking around shirtless.

I would think that my namesake looks pretty hot shirtless....

I wonder if the Maxwells be staying with a host family who is attending the conference. I hope they are and I hope the host family tries to have fun in front of them.

Hell I hope the host family blogs about the visit :lol:

Notice in this pic:

If Uriah is rockin' don't come a knockin'!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (going to get brain bleach right now!)

She's really quite pretty, in my opinion.

ETA: I usually don't like to snark on appearances, but NR Anna really could have benefited from braces, poor woman.

I should have clarified- she looks different in that something has changed about her- not that she looked different.

I think I've figured out what is making her look different- she usually has her bangs pulled all the way back. In some of these new pictures they aren't pulled back so they are coming across her forehead and she looks a little older.

If Uriah is rockin' don't come a knockin'!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (going to get brain bleach right now!)

But Teri and Steve are done having kids, no need for "fellowshipping" anymore. Surely they should have seperate bunks now.

Look at how thin the matteress' are in the "kids" bunks. They are basically sleeping on plywood. :roll:

Re: Sarah's recent appearance:

She went missing for a bit recently. I believe we suspected she was in the prayer closet. My guess is that yes, she has been fasting and praying, for either her soulmate or her soul.

In my brain, I see Sarah losing her shit at all the baby attention and the realization that Daddy is NEVER going to let her go. So she goes to her prayer closet and starts writing down titles for new Moody books: The Moodys Menstruate, Masturbation with The Moodys, The Moody Summer: In Which We Cut Ourselves, that sort of thing.

From the looks of the 'bunks' the kids have less than 2" of padding. I wonder if Terry and Steve have a real mattress back in the honeymoon suite?

From the looks of the 'bunks' the kids have less than 2" of padding. I wonder if Terry and Steve have a real mattress back in the honeymoon suite?

I'm surprised they don't at least have regular air mattresses! My husband and I go camping and sleep on a platform built into the back of our Land Cruiser, and it's quite comfy in there because of course we have air mattresses. They're pretty thin, but it's AIR. So comfy. Put down that, then if they want they can even put the thin cloth mattress on top (we have sleeping bags and then a big down quilt).

I've posted before that I grew up sleeping in futon on the floor, but a regular traditional futon is thicker than those tiny mattresses in the picture. And people stack those (thin beat up old one, then the new normal thick one, etc).

They probably think giving up comfortable sleeping accommodations makes them closer to God.... that sounds like something Steve-o would say. Teri's back is so bad, I'd hope Steve-o would have a real mattress on that bed. But, this is Steve-o, so I am sure Teri has to suffer, too.

Archived