IGNORED

Bradrick website -- LOLOLOL!

WonderingInWA

we are a bunch of fantisist numpties who cant get away with LARP because its ungodly so we will make our own dressup game.

Ahahahaahaahaa!!! LARP!

:icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol: :icon-lol:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if Petey is bright enough to realize this (of course he's not), but there would have to be tens of thousands of BRADRICK members nationwide, with several clusters of members in each state, for the "network" to do any good whatsoever. (Even then, I doubt it would do any good, but it certainly can't do anything with, like, two members.)

I shouldn't even bother asking this, but why is is so important that crisis responders be "Christian men"? If I were in an emergency situation, I'd want capable, trained, experienced people, men or--gasp--women, helping me. But what do I know? I work, use birth control, and am sitting here in shorts.

I don't normally bring my friends or family into my fundie watching, but I had to this time. I sent a link to the Bradrick site to my cousin. A real man who was a Marine for 16 years and served in Desert Storm and Afghanistan. A real man who is currently supporting his family - his ungodly family of only two kids - in the IT business who is also a volunteer firefighter for his community.

His response was this:

Take that, sippy cup Bradrick. This is what real men think of your, um, business?

That is awesome!

Ive tried to go through and translate what I think hes offering

- Learn to program your phone and email system with multiple recipients

- learn to use your phone and email server to set alerts for certain types of news

- a photo membership ID of an organisation so marginal, small and unofficial that anyone being shown such an ID in a crisis situation should be pretty suspicious its a scam

. - get your rocks off with survivalist and manly bonding weekends (Anacondas optional)

we are a bunch of fantisist numpties who cant get away with LARP because its ungodly so we will make our own dressup game.

:lol:

I am laughing so hard I can barely type! And I don't even know what a "fantisist numptie" is, so I've got to Google it...

i have to give a bit of background here and apologise for my spelling. I meant fantasist

though numpty still stands

I am an acute speciality medic and as such respond to emergencies on a daily basis, both in practical terms but also often as the leader of the team by the default of being the most senior person there. I am also part of our hospitals crisis teams and though I have been lucky enough that most incidents we have witnessed so far have been minor (eg less than 10 casualties) we prepare and drill and arrange systems to cope with major disasters, and I have the ability to join a first responder team and go out of the hospital for triage response if neccessary

I have also come across my fair share of in the community cardiac arrests, collapses, accidents etc and its a classic example of the Dunning Krueger effect - you get someone enthusiastic to help with a little bit of knowlege which has built huge confidence, with no idea how limited their skills and knowlege are and who inadvertantly hinders the situation. If you want to be an efficient responder in an emergency go get some real training (police, fire, paramedic, first aid course, disaster preparedness as quoted upthread etc) and use common sense - follow instructions from professionals involved and you can be a great help

rant over

I sent them a message asking if women could join. They haven't replied.

Peter Bradrick needs to get a real job. You know, where he would have a boss, and she wouldn't put up with his shit.

I work for an ebil too big to fail bank. My boss is female, her boss is a gay man and his boss is female. None of them would put up with the primadonna crap that Peter Bradrick spews. I'd love for Peter to be part of our group, if only for the public dressing-down he'd get when he fucked up the first time. Thing is, it wouldn't be your usual dressing-down. No, our senior manager just asks probing questions that should have been asked earlier. After six years working underneath her, I've only recently gotten to where I don't freak out when she calls on me.

I shouldn't even bother asking this, but why is is so important that crisis responders be "Christian men"?

I know, it was a rhetorical question, but let's take a little trip into Peter's Mind (noooooooooo! :shock: ).

Responders must be Christian men (by which I assume he means his kind of Christian, of course):

- to save other Christiansjustlikethem -- preferably white, I would imagine.

- to save men, because the headships of many women in trouble wouldn't want them to be touched.

- to save any damsels in distress who don't need anything icky like medical attention, and whose husbands are OK with it.

- because they really want to let all of the non-Christiansjustlikethem die in an emergency -- people who are from some other background might argue with this goal. Besides, don't you know know that anyone who doesn't use the KJV is useless in an emergency? True fact.

- because women can't do this work, of course - it's too MANLY.

- just because it's really a big boy's club, and he doesn't want to hang out, even on line, with anyone who isn't just like him

I know, it was a rhetorical question, but let's take a little trip into Peter's Mind (noooooooooo! :shock: ).

Responders must be Christian men (by which I assume he means his kind of Christian, of course):

- to save other Christiansjustlikethem -- preferably white, I would imagine.

- to save men, because the headships of many women in trouble wouldn't want them to be touched.

- to save any damsels in distress who don't need anything icky like medical attention, and whose husbands are OK with it.

- because they really want to let all of the non-Christiansjustlikethem die in an emergency -- people who are from some other background might argue with this goal. Besides, don't you know know that anyone who doesn't use the KJV is useless in an emergency? True fact.

- because women can't do this work, of course - it's too MANLY.

- just because it's really a big boy's club, and he doesn't want to hang out, even on line, with anyone who isn't just like him

Because Peter lives in a fairytale. He sort of reminds me of someone with alcoholic delusional disorder.

. - get your rocks off with survivalist and manly bonding weekends (Anacondas optional)
Pretty sure anacondas are mandatory on this field trip.

I have also come across my fair share of in the community cardiac arrests, collapses, accidents etc and its a classic example of the Dunning Krueger effect - you get someone enthusiastic to help with a little bit of knowlege which has built huge confidence, with no idea how limited their skills and knowlege are and who inadvertantly hinders the situation. If you want to be an efficient responder in an emergency go get some real training (police, fire, paramedic, first aid course, disaster preparedness as quoted upthread etc) and use common sense - follow instructions from professionals involved and you can be a great help

rant over

Bradrick and friends are the reason police try and disperse the crowd when there's an emergency.

OMG this just occurred to me.

Bradrick is the fundamental Christian version of $cientology's "Volunteer (read: Vulture) Ministers." You know, these untrained people wear yellow T-shirts that say "Volunteer Minister" on them and try to get into roped-off areas so they can (ad)minister touch assists and invite people down to the Org so their wallets can be more thoroughly hoovered.

For Bradrick, they need to get into the roped-off areas so they can pray with people, lead them to Jeebus (not to be confused with that guy in the Gospels) and leave them with little New Testaments and an invite to the local fundamentalist Calvinist church, where they can be properly taught that men have headship, women are submissive and children are to be seen but not heard. Oh yeah, and tithing is mandatory.

Both groups are about as useful as tits on a boar hog, as my dad would say.

I'm seriously thinking about joining. I need a real manly man name. What do you think about Brock Baykonbrah? (with the utmost respect)

I'm seriously thinking about joining. I need a real manly man name. What do you think about Brock Baykonbrah? (with the utmost respect)

I started to join as Wesley Whorewhite but had to stop when the registration process asked me for payment.

I started to join as Wesley Whorewhite but had to stop when the registration process asked me for payment.

Oh thats a good name. I'm going to see if the headship will do it. His last name, ironically, is Wood.

I wanted to join up my headship, but it looks like you have to be in America.

Also, he wasn't too keen on his name being used for a fundie Christian group that has a slight whiff of the vigilante about it.

I do think that if one joined ones headship it would probably be pretty easy to get him featured as the " feature member", somehow I doubt there is much competition for the title.

Archived