IGNORED

Fred Phelps ....ugh

sassyNoz47

He is coming to our City Council meeting at 8am on Monday... because our city is adding sexual orientation and gender identity to the protected classes in city's human relations code. He sent some sort of statement about being straight or die.

Sooner or later someone is going to shoot him.

Last year after the Joplin MO tornado, Fred and the gang got their panties in a bunch about, I dunno, the wrath of God and somesuch, like they do. Also I think they hate the President, who was coming to visit.

I may or may not have participated in a possible anonymous DDOS thingamajig involving cannons, as Joplin is kinda my hometown. But I most definitely called Fred on his cell phone, thanks to some nice anon doxing his narrow ass (and those of all his family members).

So I get him on his phone like two days prior to the scheduled demonstration and I ask Fred if it's true he believes in predestination, what with him being a five-point Calvinist and all. He says yes, and then I say, "Well, Reverend Phelps, if our destinies are prechosen by God, why would you go against the Lord and try to warn those He has deemed unworthy of salvation? If God hates us, He alone has already determined which of us He will save, wouldn't you agree? So pretty much, you're making a big ol' stink for nothing."

You know, that old codger hung up on me? Bitch. But he didn't show, and neither did most of his family that day. Somehow they got hung up at a truck stop right outside town, and the crowd outside the memorial service (mostly bikers) almost rioted on this one straggler that showed up carrying a sign. It wasn't even a WBC sign.

Stupid Fred. And stupid Shirley, and stupid Jael. Also, hi. Lurked since yuku, just now got around to an account.

Stupid Fred. And stupid Shirley, and stupid Jael. Also, hi. Lurked since yuku, just now got around to an account.

It sucks that one of the kids is named Jael. She was a kick-ass character in the Bible. She invited the general Sisera (who was on the run) into her tent and gave him warm milk. He drank it and fell asleep. She proceeded to literally nail him to the ground using a mallet and tent peg.

None of the Phelpsies have that kind of courage.

A lot of the time they don't actually show up. They just make the announcment to get people all riled up.

There are certain people TOTALLY worth assaulting with your bare hands and going to jail for. Fred Phelps is one of those people.

There are certain people TOTALLY worth assaulting with your bare hands and going to jail for. Fred Phelps is one of those people.

So what are you waiting for?

oh he will show....he has before we are close enough. Tis fun living in Kansas.

I thought that he had a stroke and was bedridden. I guess that was only hopeful thinking.

I thought that he had a stroke and was bedridden. I guess that was only hopeful thinking.

His organization (I refuse to call it a Baptist church, out of deference to my Baptist friends and relatives) will only sprout a new head should he kick the bucket--just like a hydra.

Wasn't it Harold Camping who had a stroke? You know, the guy who said the world was going to end in May of last year.

I'm so glad he and Shirley aren't allowed in the UK. They're considered a threat to public safety because they stir up hatred, which the Home Office believes will cause violence.

You'll have to update us on how it goes at the council meeting. And really while it's easy to say Fred Phelps he has quite a few family members that are in the group right? I know they just seem to keep coming and coming. I grew up in Kansas and the things they would protest amazed me. Sometimes I get angry with them and other times I just want to laugh-really-I'm a Gayhawk? Do I care? If it weren't for the beliefs underlying the name calling some of the signs and names would be funny.

I was at a Jewish Federation Conference in New Orleans a few years ago and the Phelps family came to say hello. The thing was that they left early because they couldn't seem to get anyone angry at them. They thrive on negative attention. They had signs that were not only anti-semitic, but anti-catholic, anti-gay and anti-muslim. They covered their bases, just in case :-)

Kids from the LGBT group from a local college came up with signs that said things like "fish are friends too" and "brainwashing 50 dollars". The rest of us posed for photos with a thumbs up in front of the Phelps family. I'm so upset that my camera broke right after that and I lost my photos :-(

The Phelps family are all lawyers, amazing that these idiots are actually the holders of advanced degrees, and they support themselves financially via lawsuits. The only way to really combat them is to show them that they're a joke...

He is coming to our City Council meeting at 8am on Monday... because our city is adding sexual orientation and gender identity to the protected classes in city's human relations code. He sent some sort of statement about being straight or die.

Sooner or later someone is going to shoot him.

And then Christians like him wonder why they're "persecuted" (critiqued). This may be a stupid question; but does anybody know how to cross a line through a word? * is embarrassed :oops: *

The Phelps cult would love it way too much if one of them were to be killed or seriously injured. They would take it to man that they are "speaking the truth" and the GP can't handle the "Truth."

What can we do to destroy the Phelp's? There is only one thing that could really get them where it hurts. Ignore them entirely. It's not easy to do because they are so obtrusive. It would be worth it though. If everyone would be able to cooperate and pretend that there is no Fred Phelps those assholes would go ballistic. They would have to get more and more extreme to try to get attention and then they would end up -- who knows what length they would go to.

Kool-Aid.

":3qjsccrb]The Phelps cult would love it way too much if one of them were to be killed or seriously injured. They would take it to man that they are "speaking the truth" and the GP can't handle the "Truth."

What can we do to destroy the Phelp's? There is only one thing that could really get them where it hurts. Ignore them entirely. It's not easy to do because they are so obtrusive. It would be worth it though. If everyone would be able to cooperate and pretend that there is no Fred Phelps those assholes would go ballistic. They would have to get more and more extreme to try to get attention and then they would end up -- who knows what length they would go to.

Kool-Aid.

Totally agree with you. If you ever have the pleasure of seeing the Phelps family in person go take a photo with them in the background... give them a big thumbs up. They have no way of combating people who treat them like a big silly joke.

The one thing I will say about them that is hard to ignore is their butchering of Beatles songs and inserting hateful racist lyrics instead really gets my goat......

I believe the code for a strikethrough is [*s]... [*/s] without the asterisks.

test

Thank You!! I've wondered for ages how to do a strikethrough!

Anyone know if the Phelpses ever come to Canadaland? I would absolutely go see them and do something goofy in front of them. If they dared to show up here in Vancouver, they would likely get treated to a great big impromptu GLBT love fest and street dance - just for them! Probably with some zombies thrown in as well.

My husband told me that the KKK publicly denounced them because their views are so extreme. I mean, when the motherfucking Ku Klux Klan thinks you're too hateful, mayhaps you should look into what you're forcing down people's throats.

(on a side note, my husband happened to look over my shoulder as I was typing this and he eagerly asked, "Is Phelps dead?!" When I said no, he was quite disappointed.)

Archived