IGNORED

Hair don't!

FrancineFishpaw

Erin's hair is getting more severe. Looks like a helmet w/ringlets. Ew!

That girl with the side braid looks too old to be wearing a dress like her little sisters. How old is she?

I pick the boy on the left with the suit jacket over his shoulder to break free. He's far too cool to be a Master Bates.

And Erin's hair - yuck. Reminds me of that urban legend of the spiders living in the beehive and eating the girl's brains.

That girl with the side braid looks too old to be wearing a dress like her little sisters. How old is she?

She looks like she could be 12 or 13...... I'm betting the girls have to dress like children until they hit menarche. And she's still within the age where it's not unheard of to not be menstruating.

That is Carlin I think. Maybe 14 or so? Agrred, way to old to be wearing a dress for a 6 year old. SMH

She looks like she could be 12 or 13...... I'm betting the girls have to dress like children until they hit menarche. And she's still within the age where it's not unheard of to not be menstruating.

Ugh, that would be so embarrassing. They didn't always have this policy, though. I swear I saw them all in horrid pastel frumpers in the earlier episodes.

Erin is a very pretty woman, and that increasingly curly hair isn't very flattering. But then again, if she likes the hairstyle, who are we to judge?

That's Carlin, she's 13. I do agree she is a bit old for that dress. It should have been made into a skirt for her perhaps? For those who are curious their birth dates are:

Parents

Gil Bates [born (1965-01-01) January 1, 1965 (age 47)]

Kelly Jo Bates [born (1966-10-26) October 26, 1966 (age 45)]

Children

Name

Date of birth

Zachary "Zach" Gilvin

(1988-12-30) December 30, 1988 (age 23)

Michaella Christan

(1990-01-23) January 23, 1990 (age 22)

Erin Elise

(1991-05-02) May 2, 1991 (age 20)

William Lawson

(1992-07-27) July 27, 1992 (age 19)

Kenneth Nathaniel "Nathan"

(1993-08-29) August 29, 1993 (age 18)

Alyssa Joy

(1994-11-09) November 9, 1994 (age 17)

Tori Layne

(1995-12-20) December 20, 1995 (age 16)

Trace Whitfield

(1997-02-01) February 1, 1997 (age 15)

Carlin Brianne

(1998-04-11) April 11, 1998 (age 13)

Josie Kellyn

(1999-08-04) August 4, 1999 (age 12)

Katie Grace

(2000-10-05) October 5, 2000 (age 11)

Jackson Ezekiel

(2002-02-17) February 17, 2002 (age 10)

Warden Justice

(2003-05-19) May 19, 2003 (age 8)

Isaiah Courage

(2004-10-16) October 16, 2004 (age 7)

Addallee Hope

(2006-02-17) February 17, 2006 (age 6)

Ellie Bridget

(2007-04-28) April 28, 2007 (age 4)

Callie-Anna Rose

(2009-08-02) August 2, 2009 (age 2)

Judson Wyatt

(2010-09-15) September 15, 2010 (age 1)

Jeb Colton

(2012-02-01) February 1, 2012 (age 0)

Erin is a very pretty woman, and that increasingly curly hair isn't very flattering. But then again, if she likes the hairstyle, who are we to judge?

We're FreeJinger, that's who! :lol:

IMO, it looks like a fake hair piece.

Is Erin Little Bo Peep?

Kelly seems to be slowly morphing into Grandma Duggar.

That's Carlin, she's 13. I do agree she is a bit old for that dress. It should have been made into a skirt for her perhaps? For those who are curious their birth dates are:

Carlin Brianne

Um that makes her 14.

I pick the boy on the left with the suit jacket over his shoulder to break free. He's far too cool to be a Master Bates.

That cute little guy with the pacifier is literally trying to escape his brother's clutches. Let's hope that we are actually seeing some individuality. Free those kids too! (No clue what their names are-I can only pick out Michaela and Erin and maybe the oldest son. The rest are too homogenous for me.)

That cute little guy with the pacifier is literally trying to escape his brother's clutches. Let's hope that we are actually seeing some individuality. Free those kids too! (No clue what their names are-I can only pick out Michaela and Erin and maybe the oldest son. The rest are too homogenous for me.)

The one with the pacifier would be Wyatt I think. It's a pity that by the time they're school aged all the individuality is blanket trained out of them. Poor souls :(

Erin's hair looks so fake. Kind of like what they put on those Toddlers and Tiaras kids. It's so hard to believe that anyone actually thinks that hair looks nice.

Also anyone notice that neither of the parents are holding the baby? So typical to only see babies held by their sister moms.

And Erin's hair - yuck. Reminds me of that urban legend of the spiders living in the beehive and eating the girl's brains.

Erin's hair does look like that, does it? I haven't seen hair like that for almost as long as I first heard that urban legend and that was almost 59 years ago!

I do hope the boy with the jacket slung over his shoulder will break free.

0 kids n not countin wrote:

Carlin Brianne

Um that makes her 14.

:doh: Doh, you're correct. Perhaps the info was posted prior to her birthday and doesn't automatically update. My bad. Sorry.

For a family that destitute they sure do spend a lot on hairspray! Erin must be trying to create some sort of "signature" look with that hair. It just makes her look like a beauty queen wannabe from the 90s. She's a relatively talented girl, shame that she is denied any serious instruction. I'd say that the brace is for piano related stresses. My mom is a pianist and even with correct technique (I saw Erin on youtube and her technique shows a lack of oversight in her education) you eventually succumb to stress injuries.

I think the dresses are cute for a photo. I agree, the 14 yr old might have looked better in a different interpretation of that dress but its a whole lot better than the previous Bates dresses with their peter pan collars and puffed sleeves.

THey are definitely turning into the Duggars with the parents not holding their blessings. I've rarely seen the family portrait of a family with babies that doesn't have the parents holding them or on their lap. And that larger baby boy being held by his slightly older brother is insane! He's about to drop the kid and why would you want a family portrait where the kids are blocking each other. You gave birth to that kid Kelly, FRIGGIN' HOLD HIM FOR ONE MINUTE!

Is Michaella the girl in the green blouse holding the baby? I don't like how her outfit doesn't quite coordinate with her siblings' - at least give her a blouse in the right shade of green. It makes her look as if she's not part of the sibling group :(

I think that Carlin, Josie and Katie are too old for those dresses. Why do they insist on such long skirts? The minister's family (whom Gil and Kelly oh so admire) in the same post all wore shorter skirts. A few inches higher hem woud still be modest yet a bit more mainstream and functional. Looks like Tori is pushing the Bateses' boundaries, too - or she has grown a bit this year. At least the Bates girls match the degree of formality to their brothers in pictures. They wear dresses (pressed) and shoes - unlike the wrinkled jean skirts and and flip flops worn by the Duggar girls while the Duggar boys are sporting suits.

Back to Erin's hair; it does look over done - wonder if the humidity caused it to curl and pouff even more than it was intended? I read on Kelly's blog

"Yes, Erin is having arm trouble. The doctor said the nerve is slipping and causing pain & numbness. He is trying some different options, hoping to strengthen it so that we can avoid another surgery
Hope the poor girl does heal; she loves to play the piano and has been bothered by wrist or finger problems.

Doesn't Michaella make all their clothes? Maybe her noncoordinated shirt is her way of rebeling. Erin's hair is straight up east tn baptist princess hair. It is actually still pretty common there. Yes, I know, it's horrible.

Doesn't Michaella make all their clothes? Maybe her noncoordinated shirt is her way of rebeling. Erin's hair is straight up east tn baptist princess hair. It is actually still pretty common there. Yes, I know, it's horrible.

If she made the blue and green dresses I am impressed, I actually think they're pretty and a lot nicer than a frumper.

Archived