IGNORED

Lets find husband for Sarah Maxwell

Guest LilaFowler

Do the Maxwells dance?

Christopher refuses to even take photos at weddings if there is dancing!

The Maxwells do not dance. I'm sure there is someone out there that knows their defense on that one, but they don't dance. Or play games. Or do sports. Oh, wait, they hike as a family sometimes during their travels and apparently some of them run (in fact, I think Steve was a marathon runner before he became a fundie). The girls get up at some mad hour like 3am in order to run in their frumpers before family Bible time at 5:30am. Ummmmmm??????

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think a Maxwell-Serven match would ever work, which is too bad because the Servens are cute people. The Servens are Calvinists, and the Maxwells are not. I think there'd be too many theological differences.

I don't think a Maxwell-Serven match would ever work, which is too bad because the Servens are cute people.

I actually like the Servens, too. They are FUNdies for fundies, I think. I would love to see Sarah Max marry into their family, but I don't think Steve would allow it even if there were one that was her age (is there? I honestly don't know the ages of their boys).

The only way that would work is if Sarah could move away from her family. There is no way a Serven would live the Maxwell life. They have a little too much fun, fun is wrong, and for God's sake, they don't eat burritos on Sundays.

Agreed, Maxwell-Serven would never work. The Servens have some whackadoo beliefs, but they might not be the exact same whackadoo beliefs as the Maxwells have--and you know that wouldn't fly with Steve.

I don't know anything about the Arndts' beliefs, but I kind of think an Arndt-Maxwell pairing could work. All of their grown sons are still at home, so they're obviously strange and very conservative--perfect for Steve Sarah--but yeah, their love of baseball (or is it softball?) might be a problem. A very clever Arndt son could probably draw some parallels between baseball and Jesus and/or death that would satisfy Steve.

Agreed, Maxwell-Serven would never work. The Servens have some whackadoo beliefs, but they might not be the exact same whackadoo beliefs as the Maxwells have--and you know that wouldn't fly with Steve.

Yeah, they definitely have different flavors of whackodoo beliefs. The Servens are a cute family with ugly beliefs.

I don't know anything about the Arndts' beliefs, but I kind of think an Arndt-Maxwell pairing could work. All of their grown sons are still at home, so they're obviously strange and very conservative--perfect for Steve Sarah--but yeah, their love of baseball (or is it softball?) might be a problem. A very clever Arndt son could probably draw some parallels between baseball and Jesus and/or death that would satisfy Steve.

But the Arndt mom wears shorts!!!!11111one Frankly, I don't know if Steve would ever let his little girl marry into a family like that.

The Servens are a cute family with ugly beliefs...

But the Arndt mom wears shorts!!!!11111one Frankly, I don't know if Steve would ever let his little girl marry into a family like that.

Re: the Servens, exactly. It's hard to reconcile their sunny, smiling exteriors with such nastiness.

Re: the Arndts, I did not know about the shorts-wearing. Obviously, or I never would have suggested that such heathens might be godly enough to breathe the same air as the Maxwells.

Archived