IGNORED

Lets find husband for Sarah Maxwell

Guest LilaFowler

Let's face it, nobody will ever be good enough for Steve, so he will never approve of a husband for Sarah. As long as she stays under Steve's "umbrella of protection," she will remain an unmarried woman living in her parents' home.

would be interesting to organize a reunion with the Botkin and Maxwell girls WITHOUT their fathers.. there is a lot for them to talk about, I guess.

What will happen to these poor girls when their sick fathers are gone..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame. Sarah is such a pretty girl. In the real world she would have a line of men knocking on her door. But in that household she is destined to be an old maid forever.

It's a fairly recent corner I believe so you don't need to dig back too far. It's the one that deals with "difficult children" and how upon graduation, John thanked them for breaking his spirit. It's before that whole Holly Homemaker mess.

Guest Anonymous
I think John & Jana Duggar should ride off into the sunset together... :mrgreen:

At first I read this as incest. Too many John's! (says the girl dating one...)

I think John & Jana Duggar should ride off into the sunset together... :mrgreen:

Just not to Maxwell Ave. in KS. I don't ever want to see Jana dressed in a calico frumper.

I would like an Arndt for Sarah, but the mom wear shorts :shock: and there is no way in hell would Steve allow that courtship to happen. They are also big into team sports so they are making baseball into an idol.

Either Paul or John, or even Mark Arndt would be of an appropriate age for Sarah, and seriously, how many other 31 YO men are you going to find who still live with their parents? Plus, Illinois isn't really that far from Nebraska. But the Arndts seem to be somewhat in competition with the Maxwell's business, and I can't imagine Steve considering a merger.

John's spirit is NOT broken, he is hiding it and I am sure of it! When we met him(and he is really hot in person lol) he looks you right in the eye and smiloes for real. You can see he is ALIVE unlike the rest of them. I felt his energy, its different than the rest of them. Go John,GO!

I'm glad to hear that. I think the Maxwells would be pretty good at breaking a child's spirit, so to hear some indication that they didn't succeed is encouraging

How about Bill Gothard? He's "old enough" for Sarah and he's never been married! Doesn't that fit the bill, Steve?

And John Maxwell is completely defrauding, and I'm old enough to be his mother.

At first I read this as incest. Too many John's! (says the girl dating one...)

Haha, I thought that, too, at first! Although I would like to see Jana and JD escape together in a non-incest-y way... :)

How about Bill Gothard? He's "old enough" for Sarah and he's never been married! Doesn't that fit the bill, Steve?

He's never been married? And he's teaching the "world" how marriages and family life should "work"??? :naughty:

He's never been married? And he's teaching the "world" how marriages and family life should "work"??? :naughty:

Yep. Crazy old man, no? And people follow him! Talk about another Jonestown waiting to happen...

Guest Anonymous
Esther does seem nice. Although the Maxwells gleefully brag that they completely broke John's spirit as a child, I think once he gets out on his own he will have some fun. There is just something different about him...I think he has learned to toe the line with his family but on the inside he is just waiting to make his break.

Oh, yeah and he's hot, too. :lol:

Steve Maxwell would find it absolutely so hard to give up control over any of his daughters. He abuses parental power to it's full extent and hides the abuse under "I prayed and God told me to do this."

Bill never got married because he's afraid of girls.

I've read that he was interested in courting a woman, but his mom did not approve, so nothing ever came of it. Apparently, he was a fully grown man when this all went down. Can you imagine?

Guest LilaFowler

I wonder if some of Steve's reluctance to let Sarah go is the fact that the man she marries might want to live close to his own parents, just the way his sons live on the same street as him. And he is unwilling to let Sarah go that far.

I suggest a Serven. Let's see, Nathan recently was involved in a courtship/betrothal that doesn't exist anymore. (notice how nicely I didn't lay blame anywhere???) He's got a real job in Austin, Tex..... oops, no.

Benjamin, IIRC, is working for an organic farming operation. Somewhere in north eastern Missouri, probably about a four-hour drive from Leavenworth if it's as far off I-70 as I think it might be.

Just ... not Peter. That guy with his fake smile ... all kinds of ugh! Also, his photography business would conflict wtih Christopher's.

Even though Sarah [Marie] is 30 and the boy-os are in their early to mid to late 20s, that's not a problem, as we've seen with the Tsantles Brown marriage.

I say, go for it, Steve [Marie]!!!!

ETA, yeah, I think I'm pretty funny, adding [Marie] to all the Maxwells' names, except of course for Anna who will be Anna [not Marie]. It probably has something to do with the pain meds. Don't mind me. :dance:

Do the Maxwells dance?

Christopher refuses to even take photos at weddings if there is dancing!

Seems to me if you don't play the game, you don't get to make the rules.

Archived