IGNORED

Lets find husband for Sarah Maxwell

Guest LilaFowler

Guest LilaFowler

What older, umarried fundie men would be a good match for Sarah Maxwell? There are some late 20s/early 30s unmarried Arndt men. Paul is almost 31.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Cleve Morton be about Sarah's age? I honestly don't believe the Morton's would pass muster with Steve, however. They actually have downtime and fun!

Plus, he'd take her half way across the country, instead of down the street.

I would like an Arndt for Sarah, but the mom wear shorts :shock: and there is no way in hell would Steve allow that courtship to happen. They are also big into team sports so they are making baseball into an idol. The Staddons are really the ones who are boring enough for the Maxwells - although Donald is really the only one Sarah's age. :geek:

I think Robert Staddon and Sarah would have made an ADORABLE couple, but that darn Kendalyn snagged him first. As we saw from the wedding pics, he actually likes to have a little fun (which poor Sarah so desperately needs!)

Can we at least pick Michael Staddon? He's actually cute.

Yes! I'll second this! He's cute. He also seems like a pretty decent guy (by fundie standards), and the Staddons aren't afraid to have some fun every now and then.

What is really creepy is that it is obvious that Steve is trying to find Sarah a husband who is exactly like himself. Which, if you think about it, is really pervy and gross.

Guest LilaFowler

I think I like the Staddons too. The recently married Kendalyn and Robert look happy and nice, and I do like that the Staddon family likes to have fun. And I think Kendalyn and Robert didn't have to follow the 6 inch apart rule while they were courting.

I think I like the Staddons too. The recently married Kendalyn and Robert look happy and nice, and I do like that the Staddon family likes to have fun. And I think Kendalyn and Robert didn't have to follow the 6 inch apart rule while they were courting.

I'll admit to kind of liking the Staddons as well. :) Yeah, they were hugging/cuddling up to each other in their engagement photos, so they definitely don't seem to be too freaked out by any contact before marriage.

I hope that Esther Staddon finds a nice husband soon, too. She seems like a nice girl. Maybe Sarah can have her brother Michael and she can have John Maxwell. :lol:

Esther does seem nice. Although the Maxwells gleefully brag that they completely broke John's spirit as a child, I think once he gets out on his own he will have some fun. There is just something different about him...I think he has learned to toe the line with his family but on the inside he is just waiting to make his break.

Oh, yeah and he's hot, too. :lol:

Esther does seem nice. Although the Maxwells gleefully brag that they completely broke John's spirit as a child, I think once he gets out on his own he will have some fun. There is just something different about him...I think he has learned to toe the line with his family but on the inside he is just waiting to make his break.

Oh, yeah and he's hot, too. :lol:

Agreed! He is pretty cute! I like that he was the rebel of the family, too. He's probably still got a spark left in him.

Guest LilaFowler

I think Jesse Maxwell, the one with the glasses, is cute too. He'll grow up to be handsome.

I feel bad for Anna Maxwell. I think she got the worst looks in the family. Too much like Teri.

I don't think Anna is as "valuable" to them as Sarah, plus Mary will still be at home, so I think Anna will get married in her early 20's so they don't have to pay for her food and housing anymore...

Yes, Sarah got all the looks for sure....she takes after Steve. Teri is just an unattractive woman

Guest LilaFowler

This is off topic a bit, but I wonder if the girls are allowed to drive? I'm scared to ask on their blog though. I'm scared of Steve. :cry:

I think Mary is kinda cute. I think she has the potential to be pretty as she grows on up.

Yes, Mary is looking more like Sarah these days. I think getting her teeth fixed helped...now if she could just do something with those eyebrows... ;)

This is off topic a bit, but I wonder if the girls are allowed to drive? I'm scared to ask on their blog though. I'm scared of Steve. :cry:

I think Mary is kinda cute. I think she has the potential to be pretty as she grows on up.

Didn't we see a picture of Sarah driving to the store once? I think we did. They need Sarah to drive because Steve and the boyz are so buzy at the computers all day someone has to deliver pies to the elderly and do errands when Steve can't.

Although the Maxwells gleefully brag that they completely broke John's spirit as a child,

I guess I'm going to have to give in and read it all--I've missed to much.

My favorite corner? post? (can't remember) is the one saying the made their kids stick to text books instead of "living books" (i.e. INTERESTING ones) because it taught diligence and, basically, because they WERE boring LIKE GOD INTENDED I guess!

John's spirit is NOT broken, he is hiding it and I am sure of it! When we met him(and he is really hot in person lol) he looks you right in the eye and smiloes for real. You can see he is ALIVE unlike the rest of them. I felt his energy, its different than the rest of them. Go John,GO!

I guess I'm going to have to give in and read it all--I've missed to much.

My favorite corner? post? (can't remember) is the one saying the made their kids stick to text books instead of "living books" (i.e. INTERESTING ones) because it taught diligence and, basically, because they WERE boring LIKE GOD INTENDED I guess!

It's a fairly recent corner I believe so you don't need to dig back too far. It's the one that deals with "difficult children" and how upon graduation, John thanked them for breaking his spirit. It's before that whole Holly Homemaker mess.

Breaking a child's spirit is child abuse, plain and simple. Even CPS here says that breaking a child's spirit is child abuse and is often hand in hand with pyshical and mental abuse. You can spank here not leaving a mark and you will not be in trouble with the law. Spank and leaving a mark after 20 minutes? You are in big dog trouble. Break a child's spirit and again you are in huge trouble. Not cool at all. And why would you want to break a child's spirit, I wouldn't as I adored my children's spirits even when I was at my wits end. Nope, my kids still are highly spirited people that they were meant to be.

Let's face it, nobody will ever be good enough for Steve, so he will never approve of a husband for Sarah. As long as she stays under Steve's "umbrella of protection," she will remain an unmarried woman living in her parents' home.

Archived