IGNORED

The Seppis are Sick

demgirl

Hey, look. The Seppis thought it was appropriate to post a picture of a woman who had an abortion after telling them that she wouldn't.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2011/07/heartbreak.html

They are 100% my least favorite fundies ever and it's my personal mission to let the world know how much they genuinely suck.

They are 100% my least favorite fundies ever and it's my personal mission to let the world know how much they genuinely suck.

Here, let me help. I posted this on their blog:

Hello, Melody: Do you think it's appropriate to invade a woman's privacy by posting her picture on the Internet? Do you do more than just "sidewalk counseling" or just holding the woman's last child to get women not to have abortions? Do you examine why they're having abortions in the first place (and let me clue you in, it's far more complicated than "I don't want another child" or "I am a wretched sinner who wants to kill the life in my womb")? Are you willing to give women the kind of help that would stop this situation from occurring in the first place--which means providing contraception without judging their lives?

Or is it just about naming and shaming women who are making far more difficult choices than you'll ever be called upon to make?

Regards, Deana Holmes

Sorry, weird things happening with logging in and posting here.

Will retype if I get around to it/can be bothered.

So did they provide free babysitting so a woman could get an abortion? Because if so, the joke is totally on them, and their "ministry" removed a barrier for a woman who needed an abortion. Way to go Seppis!

I wish they offered to support the women that they tried to discourage having abortions.

But I doubt that they would put their money where their mouths are.

Ugh, I am so disgusted with the pictures and then she used the woman's name in a comment. I tried reporting it to Blogger but they basically allow it unless they get a court order to take it down. It should just be common sense you don't put a picture of a woman, her baby and another relative, state their name and then post, "She had an abortion." (Or even, she had a hairy mole removed.) IT'S NONE OF YOUR #&$%ing BUSINESS! Some days I want to walk around wearing a sandwich board that says, "YOUR RIGHTS STOP WHERE MINE BEGIN!!!"

Slightly off topic- I found this entry melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2011/07/mental-manipulation.html and it kinda makes me think of the entire fundie movement. Anyone else think it's rather ironic that they would post this?

For example-

establish domain over not only the individual's communication with the outside (all that he sees and hears, reads and writes, experiences, and expresses)

You know the fundies we follow aren't allowing their kids to read about other religions or have a close relationship (whether it be friendship or something more serious) with anyone who doesn't believe the same way they do.

"Members have little or no privacy, physically or mentally.

thinking of the Duggars. A dozen kids all sharing one bedroom.

Yeah, but the fundies are doing it in the name of truth and right, so there isn't any comparison.

Maybe this is a weird question, but why did the young woman leave her baby with people who are clearly complete strangers and in strong opposition to what she was doing? What made her trust them with her kid? It seems like she may have intended on the abortion all along and seen an opportunity for free babysitting, which she got.

It's just...all around odd.

I have no idea about the Seppis. But I grew up in the pro-life culture and actual protesting is a minute portion of the activity I saw. Assisting the women during and after pregnancy was a big portion, from providing financial and material assistance to adoption, as well as opening their own homes to young women with no place to go. The question was not "How can we better berate them?" but "What can we do to create a situation where a woman doesn't feel like abortion is her only option?" Maybe that is just the particular brand of pro-lifer I am used to, though.

What a horrible thing to do. I've never read there before so I poked around... they are annoying.

(and side note, anyone who has the bit about Pocahontas on their website that they do... make me just want to scream. What idiots!)

Maybe this is a weird question, but why did the young woman leave her baby with people who are clearly complete strangers and in strong opposition to what she was doing? What made her trust them with her kid? It seems like she may have intended on the abortion all along and seen an opportunity for free babysitting, which she got.

It's just...all around odd.

I'm thinking that the story, at the least, contains misrepresentation, "journalistic license"...

I don't know... it's a strange story. OTOH, I don't really care b/c I cannot hang with putting a woman's picture, as well as her name and a picture of her child, on the internet with a statement that she had an abortion. It's just not okay. It's just not.

I know that the Seppis and the people they witness with yell at the women that they will adopt their babies if they don't want them. AFAIK, the Seppis haven't actually adopted (although I freely admit that I don't know that for sure, but I see no evidence that they have.) Other than that, their support appears to run to throwing small baby showers for women who choose not to have abortions. But none of that matters. Because they put a picture of a woman and her child on the internet, with her name, and a statement that she had an abortion. And nothing they do makes that okay or makes up for it. Nothing.

Mirele -- love your letter to them! Thanks for spreading the "good word" guys!

I won't even go to their blog. I refuse to participate in their exploitation of this woman.

Ditto. They are among the people I'd only ever want to encounter in person so I could spit in their face. Standing outside clinics where abortions are performed and lying to women, manipulating them and scaring them - gee, how is that any different than their claims that the "abortion industry" lies to them to force them to have an abortion?

So completely 'un' Christian like.

I hate that they show the women pictures of abortions - that's awful. As if these women don't have enough sadness, stress and guilt already.

Guest Anonymous

It doesn't surprise me that they don't give a shit about a woman's privacy, but an additional layer of squick is the fact that they posted pictures of someone else's child on the freaking internet. Everything about this situation is bullshit, and if some sick person harms that woman or her kid as far as I'm concerned the Seppis will be partially responsible.

Guest Anonymous
It doesn't surprise me that they don't give a shit about a woman's privacy, but an additional layer of squick is the fact that they posted pictures of someone else's child on the freaking internet. Everything about this situation is bullshit, and if some sick person harms that woman or her kid as far as I'm concerned the Seppis will be partially responsible.

This. There are other hazards besides physical danger. She could lose her job and have trouble finding another one now that the whole world knows she had an abortion.

Guest Anonymous

Well I left a comment. Not that it will ever see the light of day, but at least one of them will read it and maybe feel a glimmer of remorse...

Good on that woman for getting those anti-choice shitbags to babysit for her so she could get the abortion she needed. Very clever of her, imo.

The Seppis are horrible people for posting her picture and information. I hope they all step on legos.

Hey, look. The Seppis thought it was appropriate to post a picture of a woman who had an abortion after telling them that she wouldn't.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2011/07/heartbreak.html

That is just low. I don't know if they have this law where the Seppis are, but in some states, it is illegal to disseminate another person's photo publicly without their consent. In some places, it's only grounds for a civil suit, but in some it is actually a crime.

I left an extremely angry comment, complete with bad language and hoping they burn in "hell."

absolutely disgusting people doing absolutely disgusting things.

I literally threw up a little reading that post. I also left her a scathing comment in which I told her that I hope she got in trouble for posting an image of someone without her permission, congratulated her for being a pillar of Godly behavior and also informed her that she made me want to vomit up my ramen. Doubt it will see the light of day, but eh. It felt good to get it off my chest.

Oh, and I'm Melissa and I'm new here. Do I need to post a thread announcing my presence, or is it cool I jumped in feet first?

Guest Anonymous
I literally threw up a little reading that post. I also left her a scathing comment in which I told her that I hope she got in trouble for posting an image of someone without her permission, congratulated her for being a pillar of Godly behavior and also informed her that she made me want to vomit up my ramen. Doubt it will see the light of day, but eh. It felt good to get it off my chest.

Oh, and I'm Melissa and I'm new here. Do I need to post a thread announcing my presence, or is it cool I jumped in feet first?

Welcome, Melissa! Jump right in, by all means. Feel free to post an intro and tell us a little about yourself if you're so inclined.

Perhaps this thread should include a vomit warning. The Seppis really are disgusting people. Not very freaking Christ like, either.

Hell, I won't post someone's picture (adult or child) on my Facebook page, which is private, without getting permission first. I would never post someone's picture publicly even if they gave me permission. I won't post pictures of my own child publicly. It was wrong of them to post that photo and I refuse to give their hit counter anymore ticks by going to their website.

Fundies are some of the worst Christians out there. Not a single one of them would be able to convert me. They do a bang up job convincing me that I'm correct in shunning religion though.

Archived