IGNORED

God's Umbrella of Protection

dairyfreelife

Why? I think it makes sense from a religion standpoint since most of them believe God protects them when they face the storms of life, that he'll be there for them. Why do you disagree that religious people would see God as being their umbrella?

I can't speak for anyone else but, I'd consider it incredibly unsound doctrine.

Where was JOb's umbrella of protection? Or Job's children's umbrella?

Or Jesus's, when he was being nailed to the cross?

Or Paul's or Peter's or...hell, pick an apostle/disciple.

The bible is pretty clear that this 'prosperity gospel' drivel is complete bullshit.

If you're doing it right, Christianity doesn't lead you to being safe and comfortable and having God protect your profession, activities, family or providing.

I can't speak for anyone else but, I'd consider it incredibly unsound doctrine.

Where was JOb's umbrella of protection? Or Job's children's umbrella?

Or Jesus's, when he was being nailed to the cross?

Or Paul's or Peter's or...hell, pick an apostle/disciple.

The bible is pretty clear that this 'prosperity gospel' drivel is complete bullshit.

If you're doing it right, Christianity doesn't lead you to being safe and comfortable and having God protect your profession, activities, family or providing.

The Psalms talk about God's protection a lot, though, as do many OT books, especially regarding David. I don't think God protecting you = prosperity gospel. I agree that Christianity isn't about being comfortable, but spiritual protection is different to God being some kind of Heavenly insurance policy.

The Psalms talk about God's protection a lot, though, as do many OT books, especially regarding David. I don't think God protecting you = prosperity gospel. I agree that Christianity isn't about being comfortable, but spiritual protection is different to God being some kind of Heavenly insurance policy.

Well, the picture and the text with it don't seem to imply anything about spiritual protection--they show

"protect and provide for family" and "profession and activities" as under the husband's umbrella--which screams prosperity gospel to me.

(and the prosperity gospel does extend into protectionism of self/health pretty easily.)

Archived