IGNORED

Is this the same Rebekah Anast? MERGED

debrand

Also, Rebekah's marriage is heartbreaking. I almost wonder if her parents married her off to keep her in the fundie fold. Her parents and her husband were arranging the courtship while she was still away travelling.

She tells a "funny" story about her wedding in this clip: http://youtu.be/9XB4p9fCz1Y starting around 1:18

Abusive from the beginning. :cry:

Also, Rebekah's marriage is heartbreaking. I almost wonder if her parents married her off to keep her in the fundie fold. Her parents and her husband were arranging the courtship while she was still away travelling.

She tells a "funny" story about her wedding in this clip: http://youtu.be/9XB4p9fCz1Y starting around 1:18

Abusive from the beginning. :cry:

That's Rebekah's next youngest sister, Shalom, in the video. She's "married" to Justin Brand who sounds like a total pig from this account of their wedding.

That's Rebekah's next youngest sister, Shalom, in the video. She's "married" to Justin Brand who sounds like a total pig from this account of their wedding.

Wow, I'm dumb- she even said at the beginning. For some reason, someone had compiled it in a history on Rebekah, and I never caught on that it was her sister. :doh:

For those who can't spend any time with Shalom and her equally fatuous interviewer, here's the story: when Shalom fed her husband a piece of wedding cake, instead of swallowing he spit/blew it at her. "The women gasped in horror and the men just laughed," she herp-derps in recalling the event. Sounds like the MIchael-Debi plague has infected each and every person in the Pearl family's orbit.

She admits that the dress was stained, but "it was homemde and cost about a hundred dollars," she shrugs, "So..."

Nothing of value belongs to Pearlized women.

My comment is pending approval so I doubt it shows. I wonder how funny Justin would have considered his asshole joke if she had spit back at him? I fear the guys that laughed at him would have encouraged Justin to beat the hell out of her for her joke.

They have an unusual accent that doesn't sound like any southern accent that I've heard. Is there a regional accent in the Tenn. mountains? The Bateses don't have a simlar accent.

They have an unusual accent that doesn't sound like any southern accent that I've heard. Is there a regional accent in the Tenn. mountains?

Yes, there are several regional/mountain TN accents, but these don't sound like the ones I know. I think the Pearls live in the flatter middle of TN.

To answer a question they say they got about Rebekah's book, The Da Vinci Road: Observation and the Art of Learning, the Anasts put out a You Tube video called Open Family Communication.

Starting at about 10:00 minutes into the video, the Anasts, who have no teenage children, tell parents how to communicate with a teenager.

If it doesn't go well the first time, they instruct you to say to your child, "Forgive me, last time sucked, let's try it again. And this time, I'm powering down a beer before we start."

Powering down a beer first is supposed to help the parent get past the tension and stress of the situation, and to relax. The stress of the situation (communicating with your teen) is something you can't help; it's not your fault because it was 15 or 20 years ago that criticism was pounded into you by your own parents and it's going to take some time to get that back out of you, but you'll be able to do it.

Rebekah: "[in talks with your teenager], you're both afraid of criticism and it's hard to get past that. It's impossible to get past it if you are complicit in the lies of the enemies of your child. It's impossible for you to get past that fear in yourself if you are holding a lie and if you're trying to justify the way that you live. If you have "sold out" to your job, to your government, to your religion; and the things that you believe are not based on truth, then there's no way that you're gonna get past your fears and defensiveness to speak the truth, and to get the truth from your children."

Gabe: "Yeah, there's probably 10, 20 percent of you out there who hold some kind of clearance or agreement with your government or your employer to basically taint reality for those people around you: "You can't say this, you can't say that." Well, how in the world are you going to give your kids a clear perspective of the world if you are censured by the person who is paying you? And, you might say, 'Well, what am I going to do? Am I going to go to McDonald's?' I am telling you today that it is better for you to work at McDonald's, for your kids' sake, than for you to work for your holy government and have this censured perspective of reality and watch them [your kids] go down the toilet for it."

Rebekah: "Yeah! The truth is a hard life. You'll pay for it. I mean, there's a lot of people in history that have paid for it. Tesla, Ghandi, people of all walks of life have paid for telling the truth, for believing the truth."

Gabe: "And so will you. But, your kids will respect you for it. And, honestly, what else have you got in this world?"

Rebekah: "Yeah! Are you gonna die and regret not having kept that sweet job? [Or] are you gonna regret not having told the truth. Not having kept your son."

Gabe: "But having said that, and having spoken to the parents, in all honesty, most of you are dead already. And I hate to say it and it disgusts me."

Gabe: "But speaking to the children now..."

Rebekah: "Yeah"

Gabe: "Some of you, your parents aren't gonna change, and they love their life, and they love their house, and they love this world more than they love you. And don't be bitter; don't let it bother you. It's not something you can overcome. It's something they have to overcome. But you have your own life to live..."

Gabe: "... and live in strength... and live in honesty..."

Gabe: "... and live in purity. And those places where they failed, you stand strong."

Rebekah: "Yeah!"

Gabe: "You become perfect where they weren't able to, for whatever reason. And love them, you know... maybe keep your distance in some respects."

Rebekah: "Mmm, hmm."

Gabe: "But don't let their incapability hobble you..."

Rebekah: "Right!"

Gabe: "... or harm you. You do what's perfect. You do what's right."

Rebekah: "Yeah, whatever you do, if you sing songs on you tube, sing the truth. If you write, if you speak, if you dig ditches, do it full of the truth and always looking and always learning and never. never stopping."

END OF VIDEO

I drink, but never needed to power down a beer in order to be able to communicate with my teenagers. Let alone would I say such a thing to my kids communicating the idea that talking to them is so stressful I need to booze up first in order to do it.

There is more I could say after watching a parental advice video like that, but I think I'll leave it at that one observation.

I drink, but never needed to power down a beer in order to be able to communicate with my teenagers. Let alone would I say such a thing to my kids communicating the idea that talking to them is so stressful I need to booze up first in order to do it.

There is more I could say after watching a parental advice video like that, but I think I'll leave it at that one observation.

I usually needed a drink after dealing with my teenagers, thank God they've grown up to be capable adults. I can't watch that video, my barf bucket would be filled with my disgust.

Archived