IGNORED

Is this the same Rebekah Anast? MERGED

debrand

http://birthrightmedia.com/

I was sent this link in my pm.

If I understand correctly, the Anasts are giving away a 5 free books. To win, you must do a video review of that same book. you also need a certain number of viewers of your blog/youtube/facebook.

On a positive note, Rebekah looks more healthy. In the last photo that I saw of her, she was very puffy and didn't look well. I'm glad that she is doing better. They must have electricity in order to upload the video. I've always thought that she was a decent writer and it made me sad for her that she wrote that she put her writing dreams aside. Also, I like their rustic cabin and she has a cow. (that is positive because I want a cow and a log houseLOL)

It appears that she is selling a book on unschooling.

My first impressions are that they are trying too hard to use modern slang. It comes off strange.

After you read the book (and if you still want to participate) just create a video-blog review of the book. It doesn't have to be its own video, you can blog / sing / whatever about anything else in the video too, but make sure to tell your peeps that they have to comment on your video in order to be eligible for the giveaway.

Why would I review this book? I'm not a Christian and the book seems Christian to me.

Rebekah's background is Christian, so there are some stories in the book that touch on that, but (fyi) Rebekah has also been rejected by modern Christianity and if you actually read the book, you'll know why. She says, “I wouldn't call myself a Christian… not in the typical modern sense. But I do believe in God and I want to be like him. Everything I do is dedicated to him.â€

That's interesting. But her writing on 7x Sunday are Christian. Nothing wrong with being Christian. For some reason it really aggravates me when Christians try to claim that they aren't Christians or they don't follow a relgion.

Rebekah Joy Anast is the mother of seven awesome children, the loved-up wife of Daddio, and the proud of owner of a milk cow. Rebekah loves to write and tell stories, scuba dive, cook gourmet meals, brew home-made wines and kombucha, and scour youtube for “cool kids that can sing.†She wants to be a hermit in the Southwest mountains when she grows up, and live to tell stories to her great great grandchildren.

Rebekah says, “Hey guys, I hope you like my book. If you hate it you can dis it, but I hope you do it in a video I will enjoy watching as much as your other vids.â€

I was all right with that description until I got to the part about loved up by Daddio. Um....no. :?

If Rebekah reads here. You know that your parents were abusive and that they are teaching others to be abusers. Like you, I came from an abusive home. Most of my abuse was verbal and emotional. It can be very hard to stand against abusers. When my mother's abuse spread to my kids, I had to break off contact with her. Through their books, your parents are teaching parents to be abusive. You need to grow some ovaries and tell the world not to buy their books.

edited

Rebekah Joy Anast is the loved-up wife of Daddio. Rebekah loves to scour youtube for “cool kids that can sing.†She wants to be a hermit in the Southwest mountains when she grows up.

I think that pretty much says it all :? Umm, well done Michael and Debbi. :roll: Crazy bastards.

AW1zuXVAxvk

At about 4:20, Gabe jokes that he has his G6 on layaway. When you are over a certain age and you try to use adolescent slang it sounds weird. Although I am surprised that they listen to the song, Like A G6 by the Far East Movement.

edited to make my sentences actually make sense.

Doesn't "Christian" simply mean you are a follower of Jesus Christ? Or believe Jesus is Christ? Are they so special they've created a new word for this?

Ok so maybe I'm really dense but... why would I want a copy of a book that I already read and reviewed? Wouldn't I have the book already? I guess this is for give-aways or something?

Ok so maybe I'm really dense but... why would I want a copy of a book that I already read and reviewed? Wouldn't I have the book already? I guess this is for give-aways or something?

That didn't make sense to me either. Apparently, they give the reviewer five copies of the same book that they just read. They want the readers to give away those copies of the book.

I wonder how they can afford to give away 5000 copies of anything. Wasn't long ago that they couldn't afford to power their home.

Wouldn't it make better sense to go to homeschool conventions and give away free copies? They could also ask some of the popular homsechool blogs to review their book.

I've never self published before but Gabe says that they own a very small publishing company. So, they must have gotten start up cash from somewhere.

After you read the book (and if you still want to participate) just create a video-blog review of the book. It doesn't have to be its own video, you can blog / sing / whatever about anything else in the video too, but make sure to tell your peeps that they have to comment on your video in order to be eligible for the giveaway.

It's close enough to Easter that you could film your review surrounded by marshmellow Peeps, telling them they have to comment on your video. Then off camera you could feast and get a massive sugar high (those Peeps weren't going to comment on anything anyway).

Rebekah Joy Anast is the mother of seven awesome children, the loved-up wife of Daddio, and the proud of owner of a milk cow. Rebekah loves to write and tell stories, scuba dive, cook gourmet meals, brew home-made wines and kombucha, and scour youtube for “cool kids that can sing.†She wants to be a hermit in the Southwest mountains when she grows up, and live to tell stories to her great great grandchildren.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. :?

Wouldn't it make better sense to go to homeschool conventions and give away free copies? They could also ask some of the popular homsechool blogs to review their book.

I've never self published before but Gabe says that they own a very small publishing company. So, they must have gotten start up cash from somewhere.

equals a computer printer and coil binder.

It's close enough to Easter that you could film your review surrounded by marshmellow Peeps, telling them they have to comment on your video. Then off camera you could feast and get a massive sugar high (those Peeps weren't going to comment on anything anyway).

I love this idea. :animals-duckie: :animals-duckie: :animals-duckie:

• 4 weeks later...

Their website WellTellMe is still up, but all the posts by Rebecca (ForeverGirl) are gone. I seem to remember that site having some 7xSunday-ish stuff on there, but that seems purged too. I was hoping this was where the 7xSunday people had migrated to, but I didn't find them there (though I really didn't look far). I did see HBMama--isn't she the crazy lady that wanted to assault a grocery store guy because he didn't treat her husband with enough respect over eggs?

I think that the Anasts sold or turned WellTellMe over to Rebekah's sister, Shoshanna, & her mate, James Easling a year or two ago. WhoIs lists Easling as the owner.

I did see HBMama--isn't she the crazy lady that wanted to assault a grocery store guy because he didn't treat her husband with enough respect over eggs?

Where was this? :lol:

The explanation of how to pronounce 'Anast' says it is from the greek for resurrection.

is that Gabe's real name? please tell me he didn't give himself that name just to be pretentious.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this site about a book written by a Rebekah Anast. Is this Rebekah Pearl Anast? If not, please ignore :whistle:

If so, it's pretty weird.

birthrightmedia dot com

She's marketing herself as completely worldly and educated. Ummm. Wow.

Well, she did get a degree in linguistics from a Bible college, and following her stint in Papua New Guinea, she did travel around the world for a year. It makes her transition back into an oppressive lifestyle all the more tragic- and short of shelving for children's bedding, her situation is worse than most of the other fundies discussed here (even sadder because of how much money her parents make in contrast).

Archived