IGNORED

Kim and Perry Coghlan need advice!

tabitha2

From Kim Coghlans FB:

We're looking for input or alternate ideas.

What do you think?

For our 20th anniversary Kim wants to go for 4 days of tactical hand gun training at Front Sight, I want to rent a classic car and drive what's left of Route 66. She'll be in her 2nd trimester so skydiving and repelling are out.

What do the 'fans' here at FJ have for them ;)

Wait, does tactical handgun training mean I get to pretend to be Laura Croft for 4 days? Cause that sounds AWESOME.

Not for my 20th anniversary, but still awesome.

A vasectomy for him?

Pregnant at 38 years plus? Lord, may this never happen to me but these 2 ideas are perfect.

A vasectomy for him?

An IUD for her?

And condoms for all!

Pregnant at 38 years plus? Lord, may this never happen to me but these 2 ideas are perfect.

And condoms for all!

In the name of Jesus, amen.

You misspelled advice. ;)

Mine is for them to stop having children after this one until they can afford to give their children real beds that aren't shelving. The old lady who lived in shoe is supposed to be a sad thing, but something to aspire to for crying out loud. I usually don't tell anyone they have too many children, but if you have to put stack them on shelves to fit in your house, you definitely have too many.

The Cogs love them some guns and hunting.You should hear her pride when her brood of daughters were tearing into a hanging slaughtered rooster-like something out of some post apocalyptic movie.

The young and zealous roosters who have been waking us up at 3AM died last night. Not at my own hand, mind you, but at the hands of my Hubby and children.

We knew they weren’t city kids; they have witnessed and helped with the butchering of a few deer, hogs, etc. But I really did expect a moment’s hesitation before they whacked off the heads of the poor creatures.

But there was no such silly city-girliness among those who wielded the hatchet last night: after watching Daddy do the first one, the others were rarin’ to go. Our sweet, tender little 7, 9 and 11yo girls each dispatched a rooster, along with my 8 and 10yo brothers. The 4 and 6yo sucked up their tears and tried hard to understand why they needed to wait til next time. Hubby got double duty, as there more rooster necks than willing and able hands.

But anyone who has done this before knows that the chopping is the easy part. We were up far too late last night and more than one of us had no appetite for dinner when it was all said and done.

I guess this explains why chicken is good for the health and the budget. I certainly took in less calories yesterday; there are plenty of dinner leftovers for tonight; and nobody was interested much in breakfast.

Another benefit: we got to sleep in late this morning. Nobody woke us at 3…or 4…or 5…

Okay, that bit about killing the chickens was disturbing. My husband and oldest son killed our chickens when we had too many roosters. And my grandmother was very matter of fact about having to kill chickens when she was younger. My brother is a hunter. However, no one that I know ever took glee in killing animals. We just don't.

I don't have a facebook account or I'd write this:

Why don't you save the money and spend it on beds for the kids? How can you treat yourself to an expensive gift when your kids sleep so uncomfortably. They may not say (or even know) that their bedding could be far more comfortable, but they will one day. As a parent, I try to make sure my "blessings" are comfortable before I even think of treating hubby and myself to an expensive treat.

The Cogs love them some guns and hunting.You should hear her pride when her brood of daughters were tearing into a hanging slaughtered rooster-like something out of some post apocalyptic movie.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that classic LIAS post. :shock: Nuts!

Okay, that bit about killing the chickens was disturbing. My husband and oldest son killed our chickens when we had too many roosters. And my grandmother was very matter of fact about having to kill chickens when she was younger. My brother is a hunter. However, no one that I know ever took glee in killing animals. We just don't.

Me too. It is very disturbing when the gun-fancier crowd gets all happy clappy about killing stuff. I have hunted, and cut up game, and it seems to me that it requires an attitude of seriousness, skill, and thankfulness not joy at another creature's suffering and death.

But then again, having heard many tales from eye-witnesses of the Rwandan genocide, as well as having witnessed a couple near-lynchings in East Africa, I guess this attitude should not surprise me. It is pretty horrible how humans are easily tipped over into enjoyment of inflicting torture and death.

WHAT!!?? Instead of storing their children on shelves, maybe they could..... add on to the house and buy some beds for the children...

Archived