IGNORED

Kim and Perry Coghlan need advice!

tabitha2

WHAT!!?? Instead of storing their children on shelves, maybe they could..... add on to the house and buy some beds for the children...

Silly, that implies the children are actually worth something before they grow up into adult Fundies.

Ah, at that stage of her pregnancy, she should be staying far away from gunpowder. Inhaling it is dangerous for her baby.

My advice to the Coughlans:

1) No more kids.

2) Get the kids you do have some damn vaccinations.

3) Enroll the kids in public school.

4) Have the kids tested for disabilities--I think at least one might be on the spectrum.

5) Add on to the house. Get some mattresses. Instead of worrying about handguns, worry about rodents in your house.

6) Get better jobs.

7) Get on every kind of aid you can qualify for. Get the kids to the dentist/orthodontist.

8) No more kids.

i think this is the couple who were birthing a baby outside and he dropped the fresh newborn in pigeon poop!

maybe he could clean the desk before she pops put another blessing?

Didn't Kari from Mythbusters have to check with her OB to make sure gun fire wouldn't damage her baby's hearing?

I think driving route 66 would be fun.

Although I agree - buy your kids real beds or add on a bedroom or 2.

i think this is the couple who were birthing a baby outside and he dropped the fresh newborn in pigeon poop!

I am all for snark but it should be fair-this did not happen.Chickens had been running around on the deck where they place the birthing pool and did indeed poop but they cleaned it up before hand.And While they have a strong antipathy toward Doctors and hospitals, Dentists are fine-He has REGULAR dental insurance from VF-and they go regularly. There are plenty of real things to snark and get angry about with this family for sure but not these.

My advice to the Coughlans:

1) No more kids.

2) Get the kids you do have some damn vaccinations.

3) Enroll the kids in public school.

4) Have the kids tested for disabilities--I think at least one might be on the spectrum.

5) Add on to the house. Get some mattresses. Instead of worrying about handguns, worry about rodents in your house.

6) Get better jobs.

7) Get on every kind of aid you can qualify for. Get the kids to the dentist/orthodontist.

8) No more kids.

Good advice! Just curious about the "kid on the spectrum" thing... is there something you read that pointed to one kid in particular being on the spectrum, or do you just think it would be worth a check since they have a bajillion kids?

Well, it's both and then add in the husband. To start with, the husband seems a little odd to me. That troll who posted over here, Knight, he made a statement that Perry was a little odd. Now, you can dismiss anything Knight said, but I wondered about that comment since I had that same thought previously about Perry. Although a genetic link is unclear, it's fairly common for a child on the spectrum to have a parent, usually dad, who's a little "off".

I wonder about that youngest son. She mentioned a couple of things about him that gave me pause. (I'm sorry I can't remember? late speech maybe? and something else)

I am not saying he is on the spectrum. I'm just saying she might want him tested. The thing about autism is that there is no time to lose with intervention. It can make a tremendous difference. Even if she doesn't want to send the kids to public schools, the schools will still help you with certain kinds of therapies and that includes testing for things like speech, dyslexia, autism, etc. And with the sheer number of kids the Coughlans have, some of the kids may have certain learning issues anyway. Not that they will ever avail themselves of the public school services to have them tested.

One more thing, from what I recall the Coughlan kids have atrocious handwriting. They are way behind on their grade level for that.

As far as "Slippery Pete" dropping the baby on the desk, it was pretty bad.

She cleaned up the chicken poop before the baby was born/dropped out there? I'm not sure I feel a lot better about it. I think she may even deleted that post where she talked about it.

They do go the dentist. You are right about that. She has high maintenance teeth and thinks the kids do too. They probably live in an unincorporated area where the water is not flouridated. That can wreak havoc on your teeth, especially in kids. I don't know about the orthdontist. Too bad she's not as vigilant about their vaccinations and other health issues as she is about the dentist. But at least their teeth don't seem to be rotting out.

As far as "Slippery Pete" dropping the baby on the desk, it was pretty bad.

She cleaned up the chicken poop before the baby was born/dropped out there? I'm not sure I feel a lot better about it. I think she may even deleted that post where she talked about it.

This is her birth story about delivering the baby on the deck. I don't ever recall hearing anything about chicken poop on the deck, just the same kinds of things that would always be around when you deliver a baby outside in TX hill country :?

From what I remember, the official "birth story" was different from when she blogged about it 30 minutes or so after giving birth. I remember thinking that she had sanitized the version of what happened from when she first wrote about it.

Now this has been over a year, so I could be wrong--but I don't think so. I remember reading her blog about the whole thing, then I came over to FJ and expressed my horror. Then a few days later, the "birth story" was written and it was not nearly as interesting.

has anyone else noticed that she and Pear Bear are up in Oregon, and the jillion kids are not? I think they go off and leave and put the 18 year old in charge of the other 12 kids.

From Kim Coghlans FB:

We're looking for input or alternate ideas.

What do you think?

For our 20th anniversary Kim wants to go for 4 days of tactical hand gun training at Front Sight, I want to rent a classic car and drive what's left of Route 66. She'll be in her 2nd trimester so skydiving and repelling are out.

What do the 'fans' here at FJ have for them ;)

*snort* I wouldn't spend my money at Front Sight, that's for damn' sure. There's too much skeeviness surrounding Ignatius Piazza and his outfit. I will only repost the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_Piazza

Archived