IGNORED

Fundie/Duggar Dreams MERGED

emeraldskull

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first ever Duggar dream last night! Jana and I were good friends in the dream, and I was at their house visiting her, and some of the younger girls had misbehaved. Jim Bob went all "strict Southern daddy" on them (it's an old-fashioned Southern thing for the parent to tell the child to "go cut me a switch" i.e. go find a stick that I can beat you with, it's part of the punishment) - so JB asked if they wanted his belt buckle or a switch, and pointed outside to a bunch of wood blocks, and somehow I knew that maybe not now but someday he was going to throw the blocks at their heads and do some serious damage. And Jana and I looked at each other and I saw the light dawn in her eyes - "we need to get out of here" but by then JB was on a rampage, so Jana and I snuck out that night under cover of darkness, slithering on our stomachs across the lawn so nobody would look out the window and see us, and snuck onto an airplane through the window - a real airplane not the Duggar kind. Somehow, nobody noticed us and we were able to sit and relax and fly east somewhere, and I was like "we need to go back and rescue your siblings, but I'm really really glad that at least you are out of there."

• Upvote 3

I also had my first Duggar dream last night. I was with an old friend from high school that I haven't seen in many years, and somehow discovered that he was a Duggar sibling (His name also began with J--dream logic?) I stayed overnight in their house and when I went to use the shower, I discovered Josh was there, asleep in a bathtub full of water, his smart phone was next to him, and the only thing on the screen was a bunch of dollar signs.

That's all I remember. It was really weird. I'm not sure what to make of that one.

I also had a Scientology dream earlier this week that was pretty terrifying. My mom got interested in Scientology and the higher ups kidnapped us and we had to plan an elaborate escape involving hiding in the cargo area of a boat. I was all stressed out when I woke up. 

I may have to lay off the cult reading for a bit? 

• Upvote 4

Had another Duggar dream last night! Jessa was preparing for a C-section at a hospital in Mackinac City, and while we were waiting for the drugs to kick in, we all (Jessa, Ben, and I) decided to get some ice cream. They didn't act fundie at all, it was very refreshing. Then I saw some old friends from my Catholic high school and I abandoned them lol.

• 2 weeks later...

This dream came sloshing through the rain...

I was riding in the back of a convertible car with Jill.  The car was being driven by a Guatemalan friend, who was accompanied by another guy who was doing all the talking--in heavily accented English.   The two guys in the front seat were Derrick's born-again Latino friends, and they were showing us the sights.  We passed a crossroads and the guy doing all the talking pointed north and told us about someone he knew on the border who grew marijauna and processed cocaine.  I asked why he brought it up, did he intend to visit this person?  At that point, Jill said "Stop the car, I'm getting out."  I asked her what was going on, and she said she needed to buy a new hat.  (She was uncomfortable with the conversation. I thought to myself, oh my, she's a shallow person.  She sure can't take much.) The car started off without her, and I asked the guy doing the talking if it was his long term strategy to preach the gospel to the drug dealers he knew living on the border.  The guy was smiling and said, Well, if you take me there, I'll do it.  I said (stalling for time), Let me think about it.  

Then the dream moved on to other unprocessed business from the day.

• 1 month later...

so the other night I had a really weird dream.

Apparently I won a competition to be the 20th Duggar for a week. They had run a competition like the Bate's do except the prize was longer (to one up them), which we all speculated as them attempting to replace Josh. I wasn't allowed to tell anyone I had won, so I was really subtly (ok really not) dropping hints here that I had won. I offered to help them cook for the week so I wouldn't have to eat gross food. I made cookies with the little ones and taught them how to make stew and lasagna. I even got Josie to stop licking everything. Nothing really happened and it was a bit disappointing. Because it was so boring I convinced TLC it would be a better story line if some of the adults could then come stay with me for a week. JB wasn't impressed with the idea but decided it'd be good for ratings. Jana, Jinger and one or two of the boys were meant to come. At the last moment JB decided it was too risky to send guys because I might seduce them.

Apparently I ran a private garden/drop-in center for homeless people. I refused to let TLC film there when it was in official use for privacy reasons. I did let them see how it was run and we filmed me training the Duggar women so they could help out later. They learnt how to help people make a budget, find wanted/needed services, and fill out government forms. Apparently someone at TLC let JB know what we were up to and he rang me up screaming about how I wasn't allowed to teach the women such things. He was a bit late because that had already happened (and been filmed).

Then I woke up. I hope that was the first and last duggar dream I have.

• Upvote 3

The other day i dreamt that my cousin's dog said that there were news on the duggar front (her actual words were just "joshly"). So i went to the people magazine webpage, and josh was there, cover picyure, throwing his family and gothard under the bus. Even my dreams are now boring

• Upvote 5

I am so glad this thread exists!

Two nights ago I had a dream that I was visiting the Duggars because I was about to leave on a mission on the Duggars' behalf (weird). Anyway, I was in my room trying to pack and Michelle was standing over me (holding some baby) and totally micromanaging how I packed my suitcase. Every time I would put something in, she would tell me to move it or take something else out. I was trying to be like "thanks, I got it," but she just kept talking like she couldn't hear me. It started in soft baby voice but the longer it went on she began actually yelling at me and I was getting really frustrated and pissed off and then I woke up.

• Upvote 3

Last night, I dreamed I was at a family dinner. Except it was a Welcome Back party for Josh.

My family. Welcoming home Josh. WHY HAS THOU FORSAKEN ME?!?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

Resurrecting this because I had a weird Duggar related dream last night. I'm not entirely sure the entire story line of it. But, I was hanging out with Jana in some old Amish-like town. I think other Duggars were there, but the two of us were just hanging out. She said something about being shocked to find out that someone as "sexually loose as I am" wasn't actually of the devil and we got to talking about her liking someone, but she wouldn't say who or even really admit to it because it wasn't a union sanctioned by god. Then, somehow, FJ showed up as an actual person and started having debates with itself about whether the union was with someone Daddy Duggar didn't approve of or questioning her sexuality. The next thing I know, we're trying to get into this reading loft, but it takes some serious free running type moves to get to it. It was quite ridiculous. And, of course, as soon as I get up there, she's already back on the ground. Then, we're hiding in some closet or cabinet watching the elders talk. When they leave, a boy comes in with a box of old cabinetry and door hardware that the two of them start destroying through disintegration because one of them is a horcrux and it's the only way to end the cult.

Then I woke up.

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...

I had a Duggar/Bates dream last night. The first part was just a courtship announcement for Joseph and Tori. They went into the typical spiel about saving their first kiss for marriage. The next bit was really odd. Anna was telling some blonde guy (could only see the back of his head) that she was leaving Josh and felt she deserved better. Then they made out for a minute. After that Josh popped out of nowhere and he and Anna started laughing hysterically. He explained that it was a prank and Anna would never leave him because she is so faithful and godly. Then I woke up. Lol.

Edited by Jatalie1996
typo
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I had an awkward fundie dream last night. So, for some strange reason, there was a fundie party at my house. I was a fundie girl apparently, and there were tons of big families everywhere out in the yard enjoying the nice day. While I was talking to a girl, a heavier set young guy with dark shaggy hair and a fuzzy beard came up to us and asked for my number. I think I was slightly shocked at his boldness. He was holding a white envelope with his name and address on it and quickly the other girl I was talking to tries to snatch it from him, but he says to her "No, her" (indicating me). He gave me the envelope and I noticed that he was from Virginia. Then I wrote my address and number on some piece of paper and gave the paper and envelope back to him. I remember feeling so cool for having a guy notice me (among all the other fundie girls) and come up and ask for my number. Is that weird or what?

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

I need help. I've just had my 5-6th dream about Chad Paine. Wtf is this? I don't even find him that attractive, yet I'm rescuing him from fundie culture and showing him a good time every few months. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 2

HarleyQuinn I wish I could help you but I can't. Enjoy the good times, I say!

im

glad you posted bcc I had trouble finding this thread the other day. In a dream about an otherwise pleasant gathering, Jim Slob Duggar appeared right on the edge of my visual periphery and someone mentioned he was there. I glanced, saw him, groaned painfully and turned quickly away. Whatever the fun dream-gathering had been, it was well and truly spoiled by his over-sprayed presence!

And I rarely watched the show!!

• Upvote 2

The other night I dreamt I attended PP and Zsu's church and was pretending to be their friend while I spied on them to bring their church down. When I woke up I was so freaked out because the whole dream I was on edge, thinking, "What if they figure me out?!" I think I need another rabbit hole to follow for awhile!

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I hope I can get it back together, but that dream was so weird that I have to post it here:

I was a Au Pair for the Duggar family. And somehow they decided to go on a trip to California. They all wore red t-shirts and I wore something blue because I did not want a red t-shirt. They gave me a bottle full of red dye to make it blue, but I gave that bottle to a Dugga boy (no idea who) and it made him very happy. We had several cars and I was in one with Jim Bob. We drove on a highway trough the desert and every know and then a small town was at the side. The weird thing was that parks and things literally started right next to the highway. Then the road got smaller and turned into a small country street with lots of bumbs. Jim Bob made some kind of mistakes and cops pulled us over at the top of a mountain. Next thing I remember is that I had to pee. There were three blue toilets that looked like that blue IKEA wardrobe made out of fabric. One toilet for men, one for women and the third one was for disabled people and a mixed toilet for everyone. I decided to go to that one and it made Jim Bob furious because he wanted me to take the women one. Then I woke up because I really had to pee.

I can explain some thing though. The IKEA wardrobe like toilets must be because I talked with my Mum about them yesterday. And I guess a toilet because I really had to pee in real life. The t-shirt thing? I don't know. I edited pictures from our holiday yesterday and my Dad and I wear the same t-shirt for the flight. (Always makes people laugh, at passport control the officers joked about them too.) Why the hell Jim Bob gave me red dye in a bottle I don't know. That was one of the weirdest dreams I had in a while. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just had my second Duggar dream in the last two weeks. Let me preface with the fact that I am very pregnant so weird dreams happen. Also, it's been a while since I've gotten some - again, very pregnant....

First dream last week was really strange because it was like I was one of the Duggars. I was in a sleazy motel with a giant hot tub in the middle of the room and the older Bates boys were there splashing around. One of their friends kept flirting with me  so we started doing hot dirty things in the corner, and suddenly there were other random girls in the tub and the Bates boys were making out with them. Some guy that was like a bigger, burly version of Gil started yelling at all of us and we got out of the water.

Now Im in a tiny farmhouse kitchen with Duggarlings and JB tells us it's time to stop cooking and go to "the park." For some reason I get in their little plane and John David flies me to Disneyworld, where the rest of his family is magically already there waiting for us. As we are watching the fireworks, Jill comes up and puts her arm around me and we start crying and I tell her "I'm so glad you came home!" Wtf.

Second dream last night I was in a gorgeous tropical vacation setting with my husband and our baby who was already born and like a year old. Our hotel room had an entire wall of windows and we had just come in from the courtyard and started making out. Things were getting steamy so I closed the blinds and we laid on the floor and started taking our clothes off and getting ready to - you know. Just then there is loud knocking so we throw on clothes and get the door. JimBob bursts through loudly with his lame greetings "So nice to see you guys! blah blah," followed by about ten other random Duggars including Jessa and Ben carrying Spurge. Jessa was like "yeah we just wanted to see your awesome room, so I brought them all down." My husband looked at me and said he could not believe we were cockblocked by a Duggar. Then there was a random mini train in there like they have in malls, and we put my son and Spurge on for a ride. Eventually they left but so had our sex drive. 

Gotta stop reading FJ before bed...

• Upvote 3

Dreamt the other night that I was observing two people being interviewed (?) at a school campus-like setting. One was some man I didn't know, & the other person was Kendalyn Staddon. I don't remember the overall gist of the dream itself, but I knew that it'd been fairly soon after she'd gotten married to Robert and it was also pre-children. She also looked younger, too.

I've had a really strange dream a few weeks back.

I was living on the Morton compound and was Michael jr.'s wife (so basically I was Kressant). I remember sexually available to my husband all the time and that at the beginning of our marriage I was really happy with it and loved to please his desires whenever he wanted. Then suddenly the dream just fastforwarded and I had our first child. A son. In my dream I was so very happy and proud and the dream was so realistic that at one point I could really feel the weight of a baby on my hips, carrying it around. I remember going to Michael jr. and telling him how proud and happy I was that the Lord has blessed us with this beautiful baby boy. I was using the whole fundie vocabulary. But he just shook his head and told me that it wasn't me who got blessed with this child, but only him. It was a sign from the Lord that HE was a godly man. I remember how this statement left me heartbroken and sick. I realized that my life was over and my dream alter ego panicked and felt really desperate. Fast forward again, I'm still on the Morton compound, pregnant with number 2. Since the Mortons live in rural Georgia and The Walking Dead also takes place in Georgia and since zombies freak me out and fascinate at the same time it was now time for the zombie apocalypse. The whole compound was suddenly full of zombies. At this point it proved to be really handy that the Mortons are gun crazy, fundamental Christians. They had lots of guns and I was trained to use them. So all hell breaks loose and at first Michael and I and our baby manage to stay together, but after a short amount of time I'm alone with the abby. Fast forward again: I'm not wearing skirts anymore and instead I'm rocking boots and camoupants, I'm wearing my baby and a half-automatic gun and I'm still pregnant. I'm the leader of a camp of survivors and kick ass.

Thats it. Probably the craziest dream I've ever had.

I had this dream a few months after the Joshley scandals broke, which was also when I was getting ready to move. 

-----------------

We had finally decided on a new house, and were doing a final walk-through before we moved in.  The house was huge, with a carpeted upstairs and floor-to-ceiling windows downstairs.  But I knew that the best part was the basement, which was finished and came with big leather couches.  It would be our game room!

So I went down the stairs to the basement, buy when I turned on the light, there was Anna Duggar, sitting on one of the couches and crying :omg:

Apparently, she had nowhere to live.  Since the house was so big, I decided, okay, she can live in the basement.

-------

Thankfully, our new house in real life doesn't have a basement or tag along Anna Duggar.  Though I might take her in if she left Josh...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream last night that I was watching the most recent episode, and Joy had gotten a haircut- it was choppy, blonde undercut. Very trendy, kinda punk. Looked great on her. That was kind of weird.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I dreamt the other night that I was at someone's house, & watched Erin Paine's little boy run down a little playground slide. Then, I was sitting on a deck at the same house with her daughter (she was older than she is now), & we were playing with a ball. Erin sat down on the deck with us & joined in.

:: shrugs ::

Had another Fundie dream a few nights ago.

I dreamt I was friends w/Esther Staddon, & she was talking about wanting to meet pagan people and one other group of people for some project she was working on. I told her, "You already know me, I'm pagan." She suddenly acted upset that I'd betrayed her, & was going to persue legal action of some sort against me.

In the next part, I was vacuuming the floor in a room that that a grandma of the Burnett family in it, & she was smoking cigarettes as I vacuumed.

Dreams are just so whacked out sometimes, aren't they? (And I can't make this up, either.)

• 1 month later...

Had a fundie dream last night for the first time in a long time. It was so vivid too.

I've been down the Maxhell rabbit hole for awhile now so my dream was about them. I was in Joseph and Elissa's home as John's secret girlfriend (!! he's attractive, sue me) and Elissa was wearing makeup. Everyone was there and I was in a full length jean skirt. Joseph and Elissa were hosting a dinner event and were keeping a "secret." Stevehovah got all mad that they were keeping a secret and started yelling that they're wrong and Jesus will be mad if they don't tell us what it is! Elissa then announced she was pregnant. I remember thinking WTF - Sarah was the sad the whole time. Then I woke up.

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic