IGNORED

One Direction

bananacat

Is anyone here familiar with the UK boy band One Direction? They're like 'Nsync and the Backstreet Boys except younger, cuter, and in tighter pants. I'm an adult now but I am obsessed.

The music isn't anything brilliant or groundbreaking, but it is so damn catchy! I always have the songs stuck in my head and never get sick of hearing them. This is also a different experience than the previous boy bands because now I have youtube and can watch them over and over and find out way too much about them.

My favorite one is Louis. I am amazed that so much gorgeousness can be contained in just one man. I'm 26 but I feel like I'm only 13. I haven't felt this way about a celebrity in a very long time.

So which one is your favorite?

The one song "what makes you beautiful" is so catchy. I don't typically follow bands/groups enough to learn their names, though.

Don't know much about them except that they apparently were put together after they were all on The X Factor in the UK. But I'm with y'all. "What Makes You Beautiful" is a total earworm! Nothing all that deep or brilliant, but totally catchy!

Guest Anonymous

I don't know too much about them but my 11yr old LOVES them! She's always got her Ipod on listening to their songs.

Ok, so I randomly ended up at the same mall at these people and you would've thought they were the second coming on the Beatles. It was crazy. I went to the MOA on a weekend (which I never do) and there were so many people there, and police, and crazy fan girls. I was just meeting some friends to see a movie on the other side of the mall. It was crazy! When they walked out on the stage, the crowd went crazy! So, I got a free show, but I didn't even know who they were until I asked the woman at the Starbucks. I was really wishing we had met on any other day because parking was a nightmare.

Guest Anonymous

Also my favourite is Zayn, but I like Niall because he seems like he just acts like himself, when they're doing interviews etc.

I like Niall because he laughs at everything and his laugh is so cute. In order of favorites, it goes Louis>Niall>Harry>Zayn. I don't really like Liam because he has bushy eyebrows and that mole on his neck kind of weirds me out. I think is voice is also sort of plain but he gets the most singing parts. It's hard to describe because he definitely has a good voice, but it just don't have all the extra stuff that makes a singer's voice stand out. Yeah, I've analyzed this way too much.

Guest Anonymous

I think mine would go Zayn>Niall>Louis>Liam>Harry. I don't know about Harry, he just seems to get all the attention, and I think he's just on a level with all the others. That's why I put him last, because I just don't understand the hype surrounding him and only him.

Harry does get a lot of attention, but at least it's warranted. He has a sexy voice and a cute face. But Liam gets even more attention than Harry and his voice is sort of bland and he's not even that cute. Most of the songs start with Liam singing, and anyone else who sings usually gets half of what Liam would get. Harry gets a lot of stuff too but he doesn't get to start songs either. I'd be happy if they took all of Liam's stuff and split it in half, and then split the other half between Niall and Louis. I feel like the producers are trying to force us to like Liam.

Guest Anonymous
Harry does get a lot of attention, but at least it's warranted. He has a sexy voice and a cute face. But Liam gets even more attention than Harry and his voice is sort of bland and he's not even that cute. Most of the songs start with Liam singing, and anyone else who sings usually gets half of what Liam would get. Harry gets a lot of stuff too but he doesn't get to start songs either. I'd be happy if they took all of Liam's stuff and split it in half, and then split the other half between Niall and Louis. I feel like the producers are trying to force us to like Liam.

That would be good. When they were on the X Factor though it was literally ALL about Harry!

Oh, I can see how that would be annoying. I don't live in the UK so I didn't watch the episodes (although I probably wouldn't have watched anyway). Of course I have watched all the auditions and interviews on youtube, but I didn't get to experience the full episodes, promos, and hype. It sounds like you are annoyed at Harry for the same reason I am annoyed at Liam so I can sympathize. But I still think Harry both sings better and looks better than Liam. Liam is has the technical skills to sing but his voice has no character. I'm not trying to downplay his ability, but that's all it is - ability. His voice has no personality. I like the way Harry's voice sounds just a little bit sleepy, the way you can hear Niall's accent sometimes if you listen close enough, the way Louis sometimes squeaks a little on the high notes when he's passionate, and the way Zayn's strong voice always adds another layer to anyone else's singing. And then there's Liam who is just...Liam. His parts are the ones that get boring the fastest. I know it seems like I'm really harping on this, but I have listened extensively to all the songs on the album and all the extra ones on youtube and Liam starts nearly all of them. They're good at first, but I find myself skipping ahead past the first verse to when someone else is singing.

Also, did you notice that Harry looks A LOT like Jake T. Austin? When I first saw the video, I though Disney had made a singer out of him the way they did with his co-star Selena Gomez.

Guest Anonymous

I definitely agree that Harry is the best singer - and I still think he's great, they all are - it's just all the *OMG It's HARRY! :clap: * squeals can get a bit annoying :)

But who is Jake T. Austin? I've never heard of him.... :?

I actually don't think Harry is the necessarily the best singer. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Zayn. The truth is that none of them is a significantly better singer than all the rest, because then he would have won the show solo.

What's your favorite 1D song? Right now my favorite is Another World. It's not on the album and hard to find in MP3 format, so I listen to it over and over and youtube.

Just do a google images search for Jake T. Austin and you'll see.

Guest Anonymous
I actually don't think Harry is the necessarily the best singer. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Zayn. The truth is that none of them is a significantly better singer than all the rest, because then he would have won the show solo.

What's your favorite 1D song? Right now my favorite is Another World. It's not on the album and hard to find in MP3 format, so I listen to it over and over and youtube.

Just do a google images search for Jake T. Austin and you'll see.

I know it sounds predictable but my favourite is still "What Makes You Beautiful." :D

I like almost all the songs, even the ones I've heard a million times. I swear, a team of scientists and psychologists must have formulated all the songs to be as catchy as possible. I haven't bought a physical CD in years but I had to buy theirs so I could listen to them in my car. I really wish they'd make all the extra songs available in MP3 format so I could listen to them on my phone while I'm at the gym or at work. There are only two songs on the whole album that I don't really care for, and I love all of their extra songs even though I can only listen to them on youtube. I don't remember ever going this crazy for the boy bands during my youth.

Archived