IGNORED

Santorum dropping out?

dawn9476

That is what is breaking on twitter right now. He is suppose to be holding a press conference right now but I just turned on MSNBC and their reporter who is at the conference says Santorum is running 10 to 15 minutes behind.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:pray: OH please Oh please oh please oh please oh please!!!!! :pray:

If it's true then I'm torn between saying hurray because Smuggar might STFU, and saying damn it because Obama would have had a landslide on his hands if he had stood against Frothy.

:pray: OH please Oh please oh please oh please oh please!!!!! :pray:

2nd this!

Though I read an article earlier today saying something about he was still in it, because there was still a change...not much of one when his own party doesn't want him to be the candidate and want him to drop out for party unity.

If it's true then I'm torn between saying hurray because Smuggar might STFU, and saying damn it because Obama would have had a landslide on his hands if he had stood against Frothy.

He may very well still win if Mittens gets the nomination, because Republicans really hate Romney and likely wouldn't vote for him.

Anyway, if Frothy is ducking out, I'll cancel my plans to move to Canada.

yes broke into regular TV programing. He is suspending not quitting he can still raise money..won't be able to run. He is getting ready to give a live public speech.

After all the negative things he has said about Romney, I really can't wait to see Smuggar have to eat his own words and support him. Or is he going to act like Newt still has a chance and go for him?

What's the difference between suspending and quitting?

If he were to quit, he could no longer raise money. When suspended, he is able to pay off debts that he may have incurred during the campaign. I think Hillary Clinton did the same thing.

After all the negative things he has said about Romney, I really can't wait to see Smuggar have to eat his own words and support him. Or is he going to act like Newt still has a chance and go for him?

Nah, he'll say he's praying for a miracle and holding out that Frothy will win by a landslide in November via write-in :violin:

Haha that didn't interrupt regular programming here. If I wasn't a newly laid off lazy person, I'd have never known :)

ABC just broke into the local news to announce he is suspending his campaign.

Aloha to the Duggars!

Did he suspend the campaign because of Bella, or is he actually out of the race?

Didn't Bella come home yesterday. I thought she had recovered from her illness. I would be fine and actually have 1% respect for him if he said he was dropping out to be with his daughter. I don't understand the suspend thing? So Mitt still has to spend a ton of money because at some point Rick will return..like when the next southern state comes up? I just hate all this watsed money on ads.

Just saw a friend on FB post about this all sad. I however am glad he's out if it's true.

Damn saying he's dropping out because his DD won't make it through the year. Using his kid. Nice.

Didn't Bella come home yesterday. I thought she had recovered from her illness. I would be fine and actually have 1% respect for him if he said he was dropping out to be with his daughter. I don't understand the suspend thing? So Mitt still has to spend a ton of money because at some point Rick will return..like when the next southern state comes up? I just hate all this watsed money on ads.

Romney will now be spending for the general election. All the ads are now going to be directed at Obama.

I think Santorum is going to say he is suspending because of his daughter, but we all know that isn't the actual reason. If she was healthy enough, he'd be touting her in front of his supporters.

I'm glad Rick Santorum is suspending his campaign (and thus has no chance of becoming President of the United States of America). I sincerely hope, though, that he and his family can now spend their time taking care of Bella and devoting attention and love to her. My candidate of choice probably won't win, anyway...

This.

Archived