IGNORED

Santorum dropping out?

dawn9476

Thank God! Now I won't have to see the countless facebook posts from some of my Frothy supporting friends. Poor Smugger, I wonder if he will now eat himself into a food coma since he'll have to actually go back to "working" at the carlot.

I Tweeted Smuggar and ask him if he was "going to have to start working for a living again".

M.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Tweeted Smuggar and ask him if he was "going to have to start working for a living again".

M.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

M.

He's going to hit the bottle - of sweet tea.

Yeah we aren't nearly in the clear just because he's gone.

It's a sort of frog slowly boiling situation. Santorum tested the water. There is, really, not that much outcry to Santorum and his ideals. So in 2016, if Obama is reelected, and there's a whole other 4 years to keep the conservative side in a frenzy, someone like him might get a lot more traction.

This is what my boyfriend has been saying since Obama was elected in 2008. He brought it up again on Sunday and I said, "So are we talking about leaving the country if that happens?" which took him aback. I went on to say, "I'd have to think hard about leaving, because my parents are elderly."

But seriously, it's entirely possible we'll get the Reverend Nehemiah Scudder (cf. Robert A. Heinlein's "Future History") in 2016.

Smuggar is backing Newt now, per his Twitter!!

Josh Duggar †@joshduggar

LOL, what about @RonPaul? RT @newtgingrich: It is now a 2 person race. Donate now at http://newt.org/donate for the last conservative standing

Josh Duggar †@joshduggar

LOL, what about @RonPaul? RT @newtgingrich: It is now a 2 person race. Donate now at http://newt.org/donate for the last conservative standing

As if Newt stands a chance.

Planned Parenthood put something on facebook about Santorum leaving the race.

More than one person has commented that even though his campaign is dead, Santorum should be forced to carry it to term. :D

I have to say that is brilliant. People can be so clever sometimes.

Is anyone else tempted to post something like this on facebook? "OH, NOOO! NOW THAT SANTORUM IS OUT, ROMNEY WILL MAKE US ALL BECOME MORMON! WE MUST STOP THIS NOW! REPOST IF YOU LOVE GOD AND AMERICA." It's a secret plot for the Mormons to take over America. They're going to get back at us for all the persecution they suffered in the 1800's and onward. Women will have to wear prairie dresses and share their husbands with their sisters and men will get to be studly studs and rule their own planets. SAVE OUR COUNTRY! SAVE OUR CHRISTIAN VALUES!" (or maybe I hang out with too many people who posted a few too many of these things from when it first looked like Obama had a chance in the race. There were people convince that he was a closet Muslim and would make us all become Muslim and yaddda yadda - a bunch of stuff that''s not true)

As if Newt stands a chance.

The Duggars sure like to throw their money away, donating to candiates that don't stand a chance. Hmm..I thought Rick was the "only conservative". Why doesn't Josh or the Duggars donate the money they spend on these campaigns to a local pregnancy center, or some charity they support?

Josh Duggar †@joshduggar

Oh, how I am loving this. Now that Frothy has gone, Joshie has thrown away more of his values/principles. (Not that I really believe he has many that doesn’t involve money or carbs.) So he looked past the Catholic thing to help Frothy because of his evangelical leanings. Now what is Joshie to do when his candidate leaves the race? Romney? Can’t do that because he is a Morman. Ron Paul? Nope, he is too way out there. The serial adulterer, who has been married three times, two of which were his mistresses, and who changes his religion every time he changes wives? Bing, bing, bing. We have a winner.

So it's out there - I think this is the end of the line for Frothy and that his campaign is over.

That said, for his supporters, isn't this supposedly just a "pause" in the campaigning? I just think it's odd that Smugger's already turned to another candidate and isn't encouraging people to keep backing Santorum during this...break.

The Duggars sure like to throw their money away, donating to candiates that don't stand a chance. Hmm..I thought Rick was the "only conservative". Why doesn't Josh or the Duggars donate the money they spend on these campaigns to a local pregnancy center, or some charity they support?

Seriously, do you really think the duggars are donating? I can't wait for the next round of campaign finance reporting to come out. Frankly I think Jbob may throw a little money (less than 5k) to a national candidate, and he probably uses all the voting age kids so it goes unreported.

Frothy has kept his delegates , thats why he didn't quit, if he had quit, he would have to release his delegates. Now he gets to pledge them. Now they will go to Noot.

Oh, how I am loving this. Now that Frothy has gone, Joshie has thrown away more of his values/principles. (Not that I really believe he has many that doesn’t involve money or carbs.) So he looked past the Catholic thing to help Frothy because of his evangelical leanings. Now what is Joshie to do when his candidate leaves the race? Romney? Can’t do that because he is a Morman. Ron Paul? Nope, he is too way out there. The serial adulterer, who has been married three times, two of which were his mistresses, and who changes his religion every time he changes wives? Bing, bing, bing. We have a winner.

It's the "Anyone, ANYONE, but Romney," thinking of the Republicans. They'd would happily write in Lord Voldemort if it meant not voting for Romney.

I think AssNugget's SOTDRT edumacation failed to teach him the meaning of the word "only"....

Newt's an idiot who has a campaign that can't afford itself (charging $50 for pictures!). Does AssNugget think he'll be able to use Newt's SuperPAC like he did Frothy's? (Anyone else starting to think his flaming queso dip rampage might have been paid for the the SuperPAC? I'm sure he claimed it as a working meeting).

Josh Duggar †@joshduggar

The double philanderer!?!?!~?!? He's backing a man who committed at least double adultery?!?!?!?!? :happy-jumpeveryone:

It is kind of cute how he keeps deleting all my posts on his Twitter, but doesn't block me...ha ha ha!! Seems now he is tweeting Frothy, that his race for POTUS will be the "greatest" come back of all time...WHAT??

The stupidity is mind-boggling. Even Sheldon Adelson has cut Newt off. Wonder if the Duggars are going to offer to campaign for Gingrich? Wonder if he'll take them up on it?

The stupidity is mind-boggling. Even Sheldon Adelson has cut Newt off. Wonder if the Duggars are going to offer to campaign for Gingrich? Wonder if he'll take them up on it?

Gingrich will probably charge the Duggars to campaign for him...

Gingrich doesn't have the money to put the Duggars on his campaign trail. Now the Red White and Blue PAC that was supporting Frothy does have money in its coffers and because the campaign is only 'suspended' it can finance the Duggars if they chose to campaign for Noot.

Josh Duggar †@joshduggar

Yeah, that'll work out well...guess it's time to switch out the bus stickers and idolize that awesome "family man" Newtie and his robotic 3rd wife.

Yeah, that'll work out well...guess it's time to switch out the bus stickers and idolize that awesome "family man" Newtie and his robotic 3rd wife.

:doh: The bus stickers :o

I am in a good name today so I'm going to be charitable and decide that the turning point was his daughter's health and that he really thinks his place is with his family instead of fucking over America. Not that I'm not dancing a jig that he's gone; I just hope he has a modicum of humanity and it's truly for something good - taking care of his child. I may detest him as a politician but I do think he truly loves and treasures his daughter (even if he thinks she should be a forced breeder if she were pregnant, blah, blah, crazycakes) - and I hope the very best for him, his family and, most importantly, his daughter. I hope she is mosaic and her outlook is better than could possibly be hoped for.

Archived