IGNORED

Santorum dropping out?

dawn9476

He said that Bella's recent illness brought things in perspective he needs to spend time with her and family. He suspends he still has some say in things.. he can have say on who his money goes to etc.. gives him a bigger edge to push someone else forward.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But, but, but, Josh still gets to be campaign manager, right?

Josh will still put it on his resume. Rick will still get votes in Arkansas. Josh will take credit for those votes.

Is anyone else a little creeped out by the adoring looks his daughters are giving him?

The Duggars especially Josh are going to be so smug that they got mentioned by the almighty Frothy.

Just saw a friend on FB post about this all sad. I however am glad he's out if it's true.

Damn saying he's dropping out because his DD won't make it through the year. Using his kid. Nice.

Someone totally predicted this in the thread about Bella being hospitalized again - Bella's illness would be why he stops campaigning, lack of votes has nothing to do with it.

The title of this thread, though accurate, gave me a really bad mental picture. When I see the word Santorum, instinctively I think of the spreading kind, so picturing it dropping out.... :puke-front:

Is anyone else a little creeped out by the adoring looks his daughters are giving him?

The Duggars especially Josh are going to be so smug that they got mentioned by the almighty Frothy.

I am! The one on the right just will not take her eyes off him with that dreamy smile! *shiver*

Oh no Rick just said his best volunteer was a women named Wendy. Josh must be crushed.

lol josh is going to grieve by eating more than he already does

Josh will be crying into his sweet tea as I type...

The daughters are like that everytime I see them. I know several people thought the oldest daughter was his wife...very creepy.

He said something along the lines of he now realizes how much he loves America after campaigning across the country ... very much like Michelle Obama's comment that got her so much heat four years ago. Somehow I have a feeling no one will get upset over it.

ok he needs to shut up now.. he mentioned being a voice for those without one. That pulls on my heart strings a bit so he can stop now.

Very shocked the Duggars aren't being shown standing near by. He had promised to stay in through PA and he was advised to remain so less delegates went to Romney.

But I give him credit for pulling out now and cherishing the time with Bella. Maybe he realized how short life was.

LOL the news anchors are having fun with how it took him 12 minutes to get to the point

Wanna bet the Duggars throw a funeral for the campaign that is bigger than Jubilee's?

But I give him credit for pulling out now and cherishing the time with Bella. Maybe he realized how short life was.

How much longer is she expected to live?

How much longer is she expected to live?

I don't think they have ever said. Trisomy 18 is usually lethal prior or shortly after birth, although there are some that do survive to adulthood, they are generally girls. She could be mosiacism, in which case that will depend on the percentage of cells affected.

He's using his daughter's health as an excuse. It wasn't enough to make him drop out when she was in the hospital months ago. The real reasin he's quitting is to avoid the shame of losing his home state

He's not dropping out because of Bella. He's dropping out because he can't lose his home state in an election again and expect to have any chance at a political career in the future. And it was pretty likely Romney was going to take PA, possibly by a significant margin.

He may very well still win if Mittens gets the nomination, because Republicans really hate Romney and likely wouldn't vote for him.

Anyway, if Frothy is ducking out, I'll cancel my plans to move to Canada.

I said this same exact sentence when I found out. LOL!

Thank God he's done. If he had been the Republican candidate, there was a chance he would have won. Not a fan of Mitt, but I'd take him over Santorum.

To Mitt's credit, he pulled the attack ads airing in Pennsylvania as soon as he heard Bella was sick. That was decent of him.

Josh's twitter is quiet. People are tweeting him asking if he'll vote for Romney now.

Thank God he's done. If he had been the Republican candidate, there was a chance he would have won. Not a fan of Mitt, but I'd take him over Santorum.

To Mitt's credit, he pulled the attack ads airing in Pennsylvania as soon as he heard Bella was sick. That was decent of him.

Josh's twitter is quiet. People are tweeting him asking if he'll vote for Romney now.

Well, of course, the all knowing political genius, Josh Duggar, needs to tell them who to vote for.

Well, of course, the all knowing political genius, Josh Duggar, needs to tell them who to vote for.

I think the tweets may be more of the sarcastic variety. ;) Given his vocal disdain for Romney, it will be interesting to see how he spins this.

Guess he'll be returning the inspirational art he got for the campaign headquarters. Hope he kept the receipts!

It would be hilarious if Josh just told people to write his name in. Duggar 2012! (Ewww, ewww, ewww!)

Hallelujah. Not that he had any chance of winning either the nomination or the presidency, but every day he stayed on the campaign trail gave him a public platform for his misogynistic, dominionist balderdash policies. My fears of living out a storyline from Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale" are diminishing by the minute now that he's out. And I wish all the best for his daughter, her health, and their time together as a family.

Archived