IGNORED

Santorum dropping out?

dawn9476

Gingrich doesn't have the money to put the Duggars on his campaign trail. Now the Red White and Blue PAC that was supporting Frothy does have money in its coffers and because the campaign is only 'suspended' it can finance the Duggars if they chose to campaign for Noot.

Oh not to worry about $$$ ,, Trump is now backing him.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
several celebs are suddenly pulling for Newt... I didn't think he had a chance.

He doesn't. People know what kind of a skeez he is. The "family values" shit will only win him some fundies and evangelicals; I don't think he has much of a chance against anyone else.

The Duggars sure like to throw their money away, donating to candiates that don't stand a chance. Hmm..I thought Rick was the "only conservative". Why doesn't Josh or the Duggars donate the money they spend on these campaigns to a local pregnancy center, or some charity they support?

I doubt the Duggars have ever donated a penny to any candidate - or any charity, for that matter.

I'm sure it was like anything with the Duggars, a quid pro quo. They donate their time to the candidate and they keep themselves in the media spotlight. The campaign probably picked up all expenses.

One of my husband's friends posted on facebook that this is the end, we will never have a "christian nation" and our country will never be in the direction G_d wants it to be in.

I'm debating between NOT poking the rattlesnake and saying "So, J, how would you like it if I kept yelling about how American needs to be a JEWISH nation. How would you like that?"

(I don't want that, I love America's multi-religious (or lack thereof for my atheist pals :D ) freedom!!!!!!)

I knew when she went into the hospital that he'd use that as his excuse for dropping out. I'm surprised it took until Tuesday, I expected it yesterday. My inner cynic knows few bounds, even if I try to keep her locked away at least some of the time.

I do hope they get some quality time with that child, because quantity just isn't on the table. And that's such a sad thing I can't snark about it.

The Duggars are kindly invited to kiss the portion of my anatomy I am sitting on for supporting this nut.

Honestly- I hope he does put family first. Bella is sick and might not survive the year.

I just can't snark about him dropping out although I know tears are being shed at the Duggar family tonight

Planned Parenthood put something on facebook about Santorum leaving the race.

More than one person has commented that even though his campaign is dead, Santorum should be forced to carry it to term. :D

I have been lurking around this board for quite a bit, but I had to register after reading this. I laughed for a full 2 minutes. My husband thought I'd do myself an injury.

Yeah what really surprised me is the current GOP battle against contraception. Against abortion? What else is new, that's been their schtick since Reagan, also GOP Presidents never do much against abortion on a federal level while in power, naming Conservative judges notwhitstanding. If in 2004 someone would've told me that in 2012 a Republican candidate in their primary (polling in 2nd place, mind you) would make the battle against contraceptives his main schtick AND that Congressmen would fight against contraception in DC as well, I would've said that this person was paranoid...

If Obama is re-elected (I wish that he'll be given a 2nd mandate even if he disappointed me) maybe the GOP will find a nominee for 2016 with wacko ideas ala Santorum but with a better command of oratory and lots of charisma, and that would be super dangerous.

I don't get the people who say Santorum is in good position for 2016. We are three years away from when the race for 2016 will start to form. A lot of stuff can happen in three years that could make Rick Santorum look even more out of touch that he does now.

I don't get the people who say Santorum is in good position for 2016. We are three years away from when the race for 2016 will start to form. A lot of stuff can happen in three years that could make Rick Santorum look even more out of touch that he does now.

The GOP needs a complete makeover if it's going to remain a viable national party in the 21st century. Frothy would be heading in the wrong direction in 2016; Americans in general like going forwards rather than backwards. Not saying it couldn't happen, just that he'll be even more of a joke in 4 years and any Democratic candidate would likely beat him.

Not that I'm a supporter of Ron Paul personally, but I do think his followers will end up being the future of the Republican party, assuming there is to be a future. If they can stay the hell out of everyone else's bedrooms and wombs, they may be able to build a new party around social libertarian/fiscal conservative principals.

If god wanted frothy so bad why can't he manage it? every candidate god supports fails. we had what 4 or five loser's that claimed god called them but then kicked them to the curb. you would think they would learn that if god backs you you will fail. But no they will stand up and claim god wants them to run and man will kill gods plans.

If god wanted frothy so bad why can't he manage it? every candidate god supports fails. we had what 4 or five loser's that claimed god called them but then kicked them to the curb. you would think they would learn that if god backs you you will fail. But no they will stand up and claim god wants them to run and man will kill gods plans.

I guess it never occurred to them that maybe god called on them so that they could take the heat from the media kitchen and prevent someone else from looking crazy? Just because god asks you to do something, doesn't mean he wants you to benefit from it, right?

I mean....compared to everyone else, Mittens looks like a fantastic person for the GOP.

I mean....compared to everyone else, Mittens looks like a fantastic person for the GOP.

I think it is that god is having fun with them they are his play things. He gets them going watches them make idiots out of themselves then pulls the rug out and watches them flounder around.

One of my husband's friends posted on facebook that this is the end, we will never have a "christian nation" and our country will never be in the direction G_d wants it to be in.

I'm debating between NOT poking the rattlesnake and saying "So, J, how would you like it if I kept yelling about how American needs to be a JEWISH nation. How would you like that?"

(I don't want that, I love America's multi-religious (or lack thereof for my atheist pals :D ) freedom!!!!!!)

I wonder why fundies never stop to think: "Maybe this is exactly what God wants. Perhaps this is God's plan all along." They apparently have little faith in their own god, in that they believe their god can cause earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis and the like to punish "sinners", but cannot muster the strength to put one of their crazy ass candidates in the White House. What a strange sort of god they believe in. Strong on the punishing front, but very weak at convincing people to vote for god's chosen candidate.

I believe in a divine force, but I do not believe in a god that intervenes in United States politics or football games.

Honestly- I hope he does put family first. Bella is sick and might not survive the year.

I just can't snark about him dropping out although I know tears are being shed at the Duggar family tonight

The time to put his family and daughter first passed some time ago. He entered the race for the nomination fully aware of the demands it would place on him and his family. He's not putting his family first - he's leaving with his tail firmly between his legs because his brand of crazy didn't garner him enough votes to beat out Romney. I'd call him pond scum, but I don't want to denigrate pond scum like that.

But that's unpossible! Think of all the Xtians who have been fervently praying for his win to turn America into a god fearing country! THey must not have been praying hard enough or God would have heard their prayers!

Perhaps they mean by 2016 Bella will have passed away, so he won't have to shut down his campaign for her hospitalizations. Plus he'll be able to get lots of sympathy for losing a child, he'll be able to lecture about being a parent of a kid with special needs, and he'll talk about how humbling it was to bury his daughter and he's got to win the presidency to make her proud.

[/sarcasm]

There's got to be at least one Santorum political advisor who secretly is thinking about the all the political capital to be gained if Bella dies.

I wonder why fundies never stop to think: "Maybe this is exactly what God wants. Perhaps this is God's plan all along." They apparently have little faith in their own god, in that they believe their god can cause earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis and the like to punish "sinners", but cannot muster the strength to put one of their crazy ass candidates in the White House. What a strange sort of god they believe in. Strong on the punishing front, but very weak at convincing people to vote for god's chosen candidate.

I believe in a divine force, but I do not believe in a god that intervenes in United States politics or football games.

The problem is most people think god wants everything they want that they are doing exactly what god wants them to do or that god approves of what they think and believe. God always has your back don't you know?

what people don't seem to realize is that everyone thinks differently and if god agrees with everyone it kind of shorts out the god has a plan idea.

My husband refers to G-d as "the devine absentee landlord" :lol:

I believe in God but I don't believe he cares who wins an election. I believe in free will and if we as a country are dumb enough to elect someone like Santorum, then God will let us live with the consequences.

I think people are saying that Santorum is in a good position for 2016 because the number #2 guy usually gets the nod the next time. Realistically, many Republicans have written off the 2012 election. If they expected Romney to win then they would say that Santorum was in a good position for 2020. You don't run against a President from your own party. If Republicans honestly believed that they had a good chance of winning in 2012, we would have seen more sustantial candidates running for the Republican nomination. A candidate with an iota of substance would have run away with the Republican nod and wouldn't have had the hard time Romney did. Electing a President is really saying you are giving them eight years because it is rare that a President doesn't get a second term, Bush and Carter notwithstanding. They expect to lose in 2012 and Santorum will be the big name in 2016. He will be more polished by then and will have been through the trenches of a primary. Imagine what he could have done with money. Plus, if Romney loses in 2012, which I believe he most likely will, Republicans will just say that they would have won if a more conservative candidate had been the nominee. In will step Santorum with all his evangelical conservatism and run again as the true conservative.

I believe in God but I don't believe he cares who wins an election. I believe in free will and if we as a country are dumb enough to elect someone like Santorum, then God will let us live with the consequences.

I think people are saying that Santorum is in a good position for 2016 because the number #2 guy usually gets the nod the next time. Realistically, many Republicans have written off the 2012 election. If they expected Romney to win then they would say that Santorum was in a good position for 2020. You don't run against a President from your own party. If Republicans honestly believed that they had a good chance of winning in 2012, we would have seen more sustantial candidates running for the Republican nomination. A candidate with an iota of substance would have run away with the Republican nod and wouldn't have had the hard time Romney did. Electing a President is really saying you are giving them eight years because it is rare that a President doesn't get a second term, Bush and Carter notwithstanding. They expect to lose in 2012 and Santorum will be the big name in 2016. He will be more polished by then and will have been through the trenches of a primary. Imagine what he could have done with money. Plus, if Romney loses in 2012, which I believe he most likely will, Republicans will just say that they would have won if a more conservative candidate had been the nominee. In will step Santorum with all his evangelical conservatism and run again as the true conservative.

This. Scarily THIS.

Last I heard, Santorum just "suspended" his campaign; he didn't actually quit. Excuse me for being out of the loop but is this accurate? "Suspend" sounds like he can't make up his mind, which is ridiculous.

Last I heard, Santorum just "suspended" his campaign; he didn't actually quit. Excuse me for being out of the loop but is this accurate? "Suspend" sounds like he can't make up his mind, which is ridiculous.

Suspending a campaign here in the US means the candidate can still raise money, they also keep their convention delegates that they earned during primaries and caucuses. For Santorum that means he will attempt to unsuccessfully use them for leverage, but he doesn't have enough to do this in reality. If they 'quit' the campaign they must release their delegates.

Suspending a campaign here in the US means the candidate can still raise money, they also keep their convention delegates that they earned during primaries and caucuses. For Santorum that means he will attempt to unsuccessfully use them for leverage, but he doesn't have enough to do this in reality. If they 'quit' the campaign they must release their delegates.

AHA. I should have known these people never quit.

ETA Thanks experienced.

Archived