IGNORED

Razing Ruth's niece adopted by same sex couple

contrary

Here is a post where she thanks people for donating money, and the second is where she appologizes for not acknowledging people as much. I will try to search for the other thing later, it's a bit difficult without a search function.

http://razingruth.blogspot.ca/2012/02/men-or-boys.html

http://razingruth.blogspot.ca/2011/03/sorry.html

Personally, one of the reasons I think she's real is she only posted 15 times in 2011. What's the point of having such an elaborate lie if you post so sporadically?

Just to be clear, I don't think Ruth runs the blog (whether true or not) for money. Having worked for a nonprofit, I know how little money typically comes in from those "DONATE" buttons, and Ruth only has the donation link up about half the time. My concerns stem from the fact that, despite claiming that her followers are her "closest thing to friends," she (at least in the handful of cases I'm aware of) doesn't respond to people who send her donations and short notes of encouragement, and she didn't (in the one case I'm aware of) acknowledge an email from a person from a similar background who wrote to offer friendship and support.

I'm not saying I don't buy her explanation about being busy with school, but if she's getting enough donations that she can't keep up with the "thank yous," she's clearly making a lot more money than I would have thought. And it seems to me that a woman with no close friends would appreciate the opportunity to connect with her supporters, especially those who actually understand what she's been through.

Again, none of this is conclusive, and there is plenty of evidence suggesting that Razing Ruth is legit, but these issues, coupled with the others I mentioned, make me less certain about the blog's legitimacy than I was when I first included it on my Duggar information page.

EDITED to add, "coupled with the others I mentioned."

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Ooooh my goodness, we're on the same page! I hear the name Alice and the first thing I think of is that song. The second thing I think of is that horrible "Go Ask Alice" book that was meant to be a teen's memoir, but was really written by some adult (I want to say a counselor?).

I'm also planning on naming my first daughter Alice.

I've never see that video before... does that make me too old, too young, or just culturally ignorant? :)

SB: I think Alice is a lovely name for a child (well, and an adult too, obviously...) Why are we talking in such a tiny font... did we just fall down a rabbit hole or something?!

I've never see that video before... does that make me too old, too young, or just culturally ignorant? :)

SB: I think Alice is a lovely name for a child (well, and an adult too, obviously...) Why are we talking in such a tiny font... did we just fall down a rabbit hole or something?!

I don't know. I felt silly, probably because the other names I like are Alexis, Andrew, and Adam. They all sound awesome with my fiance's last name. Damned Duggars make me feel like a dweeb for liking all "A" names, so tiny font!

Just to be clear, I don't think Ruth runs the blog (whether true or not) for money. Having worked for a nonprofit, I know how little money typically comes in from those "DONATE" buttons, and Ruth only has the donation link up about half the time. My concerns stem from the fact that, despite claiming that her followers are her "closest thing to friends," she (at least in the handful of cases I'm aware of) doesn't respond to people who send her donations and short notes of encouragement, and she didn't (in the one case I'm aware of) acknowledge an email from a person from a similar background who wrote to offer friendship and support.

I'm not saying I don't buy her explanation about being busy with school, but if she's getting enough donations that she can't keep up with the "thank yous," she's clearly making a lot more money than I would have thought. And it seems to me that a woman with no close friends would appreciate the opportunity to connect with her supporters, especially those who actually understand what she's been through.

Again, none of this is conclusive, and there is plenty of evidence suggesting that Razing Ruth is legit, but these issues make me less certain about the blog's legitimacy than I was when I first included it on my Duggar information page.

Not that this is necessarily the case, with Ruth, but I completely understand her here. As a person with ADD (or, I suppose it's properly called now ADHD prominently inattentive type) I often don't respond to shit that intend to respond to. Even want to respond to. Because I put it off or get distracted or both and then it eventually ends up not happening and I feel awful. The only way I can actually stay on top of stuff is a coping mechanism that I really only discovered last year of keeping a dry eras board with everything I need/want to do on it (e.g. respond to So-And-So's email and fill out voter registration, in addition to my homework, laundry and getting exercise). Even when I'm lonely and bored, this is still the case.

So I understand how somebody could end up not responding to emails or whatnot. I'm not saying Ruth has ADHD or is necessarily real, just that there are a lot of reasons out there why things might not be the way you expect. Most people would expect somebody who is as smart as people seem to think I am and who has a really excellent memory (which I do) to be able to remember what I'm supposed to do on a daily basis without extensive coping mechanisms, but that's not the case.

Damn, Grace Slick was so cool back in the day.

AliceC AnnieC if you'd only feed your head, as Grace instructed, maybe you'd be nicer to our newcomers. :happy-hippy: (the smilie is supposed to be a hippy, but it doesn't look so clear to me).

Not that this is necessarily the case, with Ruth, but I completely understand her here. As a person with ADD (or, I suppose it's properly called now ADHD prominently inattentive type) I often don't respond to shit that intend to respond to. Even want to respond to. Because I put it off or get distracted or both and then it eventually ends up not happening and I feel awful. The only way I can actually stay on top of stuff is a coping mechanism that I really only discovered last year of keeping a dry eras board with everything I need/want to do on it (e.g. respond to So-And-So's email and fill out voter registration, in addition to my homework, laundry and getting exercise). Even when I'm lonely and bored, this is still the case.

So I understand how somebody could end up not responding to emails or whatnot. I'm not saying Ruth has ADHD or is necessarily real, just that there are a lot of reasons out there why things might not be the way you expect. Most people would expect somebody who is as smart as people seem to think I am and who has a really excellent memory (which I do) to be able to remember what I'm supposed to do on a daily basis without extensive coping mechanisms, but that's not the case.

It's not difficult to think of plausible explanations to all of the concerns I've voiced. That's why I've typically given Ruth the benefit of the doubt and why I haven't removed her blog from my crappy, anachronistic Angelfire page of Gothardism/Duggar links. However, I'd really like to see my list of concerns start to dwindle, rather than continue to grow.

It's not difficult to think of plausible explanations to all of the concerns I've voiced. That's why I've typically given Ruth the benefit of the doubt and why I haven't removed her blog from my crappy, anachronistic Angelfire page of Gothardism/Duggar links. However, I'd really like to see my list of concerns start to dwindle, rather than continue to grow.

GMeZyD4wCr0

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

In Ruth's latest post she refers to the adoptive parents as "homosexual" and "gay" so I'm leaning toward two dads at this point. Obviously that's not conclusive, and it's probably best for the baby's anonymity anyway.

Guest Anonymous
In Ruth's latest post she refers to the adoptive parents as "homosexual" and "gay" so I'm leaning toward two dads at this point. Obviously that's not conclusive, and it's probably best for the baby's anonymity anyway.

Aren't 'homosexual' and 'gay' synonymous and used for both men and women, in the US?

I'd really like to see my list of concerns start to dwindle, rather than continue to grow.

At this point in her life, I doubt Ruth has given your concerns a nanosecond of thought.

Now I've wasted enough time on them also.

I think it is most likely two moms. From Ruth's post:

This grandmother talked about how, while the world was telling her otherwise, she chose to accept who her chidl was and to support her child regardless of her differences.

Emphasis mine.

I'm thinking 2 dads too. The kind of dad they WISH they had....people I know who are "gay" that are women use lesbian its what they prefer. But I always thought homosexual meant either sex, but since women want the lesbian term used I always think men when I hear homosexual. In my head I keep picturing a couple like the one from "Modern Family" LOL.

Guest Anonymous

At this point in her life, I doubt Ruth has given your concerns a nanosecond of thought.

Now I've wasted enough time on them also.

Ruth's a forum member, serious-newbie. Maybe you could set her some SMART targets for bringing your list of concerns down to a manageable size within a timescale that is mutually convenient... say, Thanksgiving?

Aren't 'homosexual' and 'gay' synonymous and used for both men and women, in the US?

Yes, that is true, which is what I meant by it not being conclusive. It's definitely more of an umbrella term, and one she would use if she wanted to keep the sex of the parents private. Otherwise, if it were two women, "lesbian" would've been more accurate. Possibly she thinks it's best for her anonymity, etc.

Ruth's a forum member, serious-newbie. Maybe you could set her some SMART targets for bringing your list of concerns down to a manageable size within a timescale that is mutually convenient... say, Thanksgiving?

I think it's time for me to take a step back and let you all get back to whatever you were doing before I interrupted your week. I apologize for stirring up a hornets' nest.

Guest Anonymous
I think it's time for me to take a step back and let you all get back to whatever you were doing before I interrupted your week. I apologize for stirring up a hornets' nest.

Instead of a den of vipers, now we're a nest of hornets. I guess it does fit the hive vagina theme a little better.

Seriously dude, go or stay. There's no need to threaten to flounce and then drag it out over multiple posts.

Guest Anonymous

_Uc-LIr4wD8

Again, none of this is conclusive, and there is plenty of evidence suggesting that Razing Ruth is legit, but these issues, coupled with the others I mentioned, make me less certain about the blog's legitimacy than I was when I first included it on my Duggar information page.

And there the newbie goes, pimping himself out for page views again!

well I think he needs it in a non-sarcastic way:

How the hell is she supposed to respond to everyone who sends emails? Did you see the number of followers of her blog (and that's just people who register to follow it) 470 people who openly follow her. Do you realize she has other things to do than reply to every single message?

She never said she, as an individual, wanted to be a resource for people leaving the movement and I think she mentionned a number of times that No longer Quivering might be a better option.

I don't see how a blogger not answering one individual's email warrants a credibility check. Sometimes bloggers answer, sometimes they don't.

Mansplaining and tone arguments are going to garner you little but scorn around here.

I was waiting for this. I've been thinking mansplaining since the first post.

I give that flounce a 2 out of 10. The best one I ever saw was on a different blog, and some dude actually publicly asked the blog owner to delete his account as he wouldn't be needing it anymore, and this was done on a random comment thread that was completely unrelated to anything he had talked about. That's a hard one to top.

And Alice? Alice? Who the fuck is Alice.....?

Doesn't she live next door ;)

I don't know. I felt silly, probably because the other names I like are Alexis, Andrew, and Adam. They all sound awesome with my fiance's last name. Damned Duggars make me feel like a dweeb for liking all "A" names, so tiny font!

I will only worry about you if you have 20 kids and switch your screen name to "A'Uterus." :D I actually do really like the name Alice, though.

Archived