IGNORED

Michael Pearl in Action

SpeakNow

The man has a severe personality disorder.

His little woman seems to enjoy it. Somehow I find her more terrifying than him.

These are loose quotations of what he said

The prisons are full of black muslims who don't drink or fornicate. Now all they do is form gangs to kill white people.

If your husband is angry make love to him. He is frustrated.

He says that he hits the children until they stop crying

I can't stand to watch it...he makes my blood run cold. I can see that that crazy hyena he's married is laughing like a mad woman on the video freeze frame....no surprise there. Those two are monsters if there ever were any. It's a goddamned shame our legal system doesn't have the wherewithal to put them both in prison where they belong.

You know what blows my mind? We'll put a prostitute in jail. We'll put someone caught with possession of drugs in jail. We'll put a shoplifter in jail. But we let these two? We give them the run of things, and let them go about selling their child abuse manuals to other like minded child abusers. What the hell is wrong with our society that we don't do a damn thing to protect children

Wow, that's a bucket full of crazy!

I wonder about the wife though. Sometimes she seems to look up at him with...fear. Not that she's not as bad as him, but I do wonder what has taken place inside that marriage. Especially with that remark about "if your man in angry, make love to him". Always always always the woman's fault if her man isn't happy. ~shudders~

Wow, that's a bucket full of crazy!

I wonder about the wife though. Sometimes she seems to look up at him with...fear. Not that she's not as bad as him, but I do wonder what has taken place inside that marriage. Especially with that remark about "if your man in angry, make love to him". Always always always the woman's fault if her man isn't happy. ~shudders~

Actually, his statement was worse. The original question was from a woman who was concerned because her spouse punished their children in anger, something that the Pearls claim to be against. Michael's answer was that she just have sex with her husband when he is angry. So, her husband gets rewarded for abusing their children.

I

For those who can't stand to watch the video, I can post highlights.

First, No Greater Joy filed a DMCA claim because they said that posting this video was an infringment of their copy rights. The video got taken down, so mudraker is posting it on his site. Good for mudraker.(mudrucker?)

He asks that people mirror the video on their site but he warns that you could be DMCAed

debbie pearl "Mother needs to understand if she takes away her husband's authority even by making a pitiable(spelling?) look of appeal to her husband, she is taking away all authority from that child's life. If that child is going to have authority(I might have heard those two words incorrectly) mother you got to let that man be that authority."

Michael, "I got my little lady, my first wife, that I brought with me tonight. "

He asks Debbi if the handwritting on a card looks like a woman's or man's. When she says a man, he says that his wife should slap him.

He says that his church used to have a child who had blackspots on his forehead. He takes the doll and rams it's forehead into the table. I think that he is saying that the mother used to ram the child into the pew? It is between 2:00 and 2:11, if anyone else wants to look at that section

I'll try and put the rest of their comments in the next post

More from the video. He uses a stick to whack a doll repeatedly.

While hitting a toy child he says, "That is what we do to screamers around here."

"You get five licks for being mean and five more licks for lying." Hits the doll some more

"If he seems to get hysterical about the first five licks...wait... A little psychological terror is more effective then pain."

"Thumping him on the head? You're worried about that?"

Then there are his assertions that black muslims are forming gangs to kill white people.

Holy Shit. Does he look like Rasputin to anyone else? The way he whips that doll . . . he has a bad attitude? Whip him some more! How the hell are you supposed to have a good attitude when you are being BEATEN?

I don't generally like to 'wish' hurt or suffering on anyone. I have realized that there are exceptions to that personal value.

I wish someone would beat Michael Pearl until he cried, and then beat him more for crying. And make his robot wife watch.

The child beater also made today's Cracked.com list. Maybe a little more attention he can't control will lead to consequences.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19721_th ... rc=fanpage

eta to apologize. I see the Cracked link has its own topic. Sorry. I didn't see it as this was the first thread I read today.

I can't actually bear to watch it, but as someone who has been lurking for years, I have a good sense of Pearl's MO.

The physical torture is awful. At the same time, I feel that denying children the right to experience negative emotion and depriving them of the opportunity to channel such emotions prosocially is emotional torture. This kind of treatment might leave relatively sturdy people superficially intact, but it corrodes the empathy that leads to true humanity. As a therapist in training, I see so many adults who have never learned the skill of identifying and managing emotion. It breaks my heart that nobody gave these clients the support and respect they needed to deal with the monumental task of being a person in a challenging world.

Fred Rogers said "Anger is a difficult feeling for most people – painful to feel and hard to express. We can’t expect our children never to be angry, any more than we can ask that of ourselves, but we can help them find healthy outlets for the mad that they feel – and help them know the good feeling that comes with self-control." I wish that I could spread that message to all of Pearls' followers.

he is a sociopath and does not care about others. Myself I don't know why he used a doll a real child would have been more effective but a real child may have moved around too much and made him look bad. :shock:

This video is beyond disturbing. My abusive parents used the "I'll give you something to cry about" line, and as a result, I have extreme difficulties expressing negative emotion. What these people advocate is sickening.

Every time I watch that monster, my Mind. Is. Blown. that people actually not only listen to this total bullshit, they PAY MONEY for it!!!

... I would pay money to beat the living tar out of Michael and Debbi. I'd use a great big pvc pipe and a hardcover copy of TTUAC.

I don't generally like to 'wish' hurt or suffering on anyone. I have realized that there are exceptions to that personal value.

ITA. What Michael Pearl (and Debbi Pearl) have dished out should be returned to them in spades.

I just cannot fathom how someone can methodically take a switch and hit their baby. The baby they conceived and carried and gave birth to.

I just cannot understand it.

I also cannot understand how these monsters can publish books describing ritual abuse (My stomach couldn't let me get past the first chapter) and videos showing this abuse and remain free from prosecution.

If I made a youtube video describing how I beat my cat (I don't, just using an example) wouldn't the animal abuse authorities be all over me?

Fred Rogers said "Anger is a difficult feeling for most people – painful to feel and hard to express. We can’t expect our children never to be angry, any more than we can ask that of ourselves, but we can help them find healthy outlets for the mad that they feel – and help them know the good feeling that comes with self-control." I wish that I could spread that message to all of Pearls' followers.

I have such a soft spot for Mr. Rogers. Even though he's gone, I still love him so much. He was so wise and caring. Did you see the video where he single0handedly not only saved public broadcasting from having its meager budget cut down to nothing, but touched the skeptical congressman in charge so much in just six minutes that he drastically increased funding?

The Pearls try to literally whip their kids into pretending to be cheerful.

Archived