IGNORED

Burrito making day(s) at the Maxwell house.... (new blog)

Justme

The whole family is helping out this time.

I must say, even with all this "healthy" eating, some of the Maxwell men are looking a little "paunchy" around the midsection. ;)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve looks so out of place in the kitchen. Clearly he doesn't spend much time there.

How could the masters of scheduling forget it was burrito making day? Was it not on the chore board?

Steve looks so out of place in the kitchen. Clearly he doesn't spend much time there.

Actuallly, he did quite a bit of the cooking when the kids were small. He used to make bread from scratch.

As fundie men go, I think Steve Max is one of the less helpless when it comes to cooking. There have been a couple of posts where he (and his sons) have appeared to be doing significant amounts of meal prep.

I think he's the kind of guy who always looks slightly out of his comfort zone, unless he's 'preaching'.

I find the whole thing to be beyond odd, but at the same time so typical Maxwell that I wouldn't expect anything else. The whole family makes burrito filling over three days? Really? That's your fun and excitement? It is just so weird to me that the entire family - many adult children - gets involved in making a four or five ingredient filler to stock up on and freeze. That it is a family event.

At the end of the post, Sarah talks about how much she loves burritos, and that she could eat them every day. Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, does she not know what happens when Papa Steve finds out that someone really enjoys something, it goes the way of Teri's pepsi and Jessie's instrument. On the other hand, maybe she really hates burritos and is hoping by professing her love for them, Steve will take them away.

Poor Sarah--she'll have to eat tuna salad when the rest eat YUMMY! burritos. She has sinned and made them an idol. 10 more years living at home for you!

I find the whole thing to be beyond odd, but at the same time so typical Maxwell that I wouldn't expect anything else. The whole family makes burrito filling over three days? Really? That's your fun and excitement? It is just so weird to me that the entire family - many adult children - gets involved in making a four or five ingredient filler to stock up on and freeze. That it is a family event.

Well, I looked at the Maxwell recipe and they make huge batches for freezing, using up to 15 lbs. of onions, 30 cups of dried beans, and four cooking pots. That would be a lot of work for one person! I think it's nice they work all together - but for that to be the highlight of their day is kinda funny.

I just can't believe going through all that trouble every weekend for burrito sunday LUNCH. For lunch here, its leftovers or whatever sandwich or easy thing you can find.

Also, how much do you want to bet the same food is served everyweek? You know what day is "meatloaf day" or "chicken day" etc... I like variety, we rotate meals, but more on a monthly basis or we would be sick of something if we ate it every week for our whole lives.

What I find most disturbing is the fact a 29 year old woman has no choice in what she has for lunch! If she wants a damn burrito on Wed she should be able to! But no, she is only allowed to eat "yummy burritos" on Sunday!

When she said "want to know a secret?" I was hoping she was going to say she had side work as a dominatrix or something, but no, her big "secret" is that she still likes burritos.

I just can't believe going through all that trouble every weekend for burrito sunday LUNCH. For lunch here, its leftovers or whatever sandwich or easy thing you can find.

Also, how much do you want to bet the same food is served everyweek? You know what day is "meatloaf day" or "chicken day" etc... I like variety, we rotate meals, but more on a monthly basis or we would be sick of something if we ate it every week for our whole lives.

This was one one of their forums (openforums.titus2.com/forums/t/13521/

By: SarahMaxwell3 on 6/19/2007 9:41:04 PM

Here's what our lunch menu is:

--Monday, Sandwiches

--Tuesday, Soup

--Wednesday, Pizza Bread (Bread toasted, then spread pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese: melt in the oven)

--Thursday, Bean Burritos or Breakfast Burritos

--Friday and Saturday, whatever (sometimes leftovers, Macaroni and Cheese, etc)

Dinner Menu:

We have salad and fruit each dinner.

Sunday--burritos (http://www.titus2.com/maxwells-burrito-recipe.htm)

Wednesday--just salad and fresh tortillas

Saturday--homemade soup and fresh bread

Other evenings are variable

Hope this helps!

Sarah

She has to keep her burrito-love a secret or Steve will forbid them. I'm surprised he hasn't decided that they're diet should entirely consist of protein biscuits (the sort the UN hands out to starving Africans) and water.

I can't get over how they're making THAT much food all the time and yet they're only eating the burritos once a week.

Also, blended up?! So they're eating soupy burritos? That just...doesn't...sound...appetizing...

Probably has the texture of refried beans.

I hate refried beans. If I'm going to eat mush, it damn well better be cheesecake.

They might be batch cooking. I'm easing my way into that right now, and I made a batch of 8 burritos for my husband and I to eat on days when I a)don't feel like cooking or b) get back from bellydance classes late and it's a fend for yourself night.

They could be making enough for a month of their lunches, which would make sense to me.

Wonder what it would take to get the Maxwells to go to bellydancing classes. Sigh... not going to happen this side of the rapture.

Wouldn't you like to rescue Sarah and feed her good Mexican food and a margarita? They are so sheltered and micromanaged they have no idea what they are missing out on in life. I see so many of the fundies ( fun dies...hmmmm) as merely existing and not really living life.

Those dinners look so skimpy. Salad and tortillas doesn't sound like much of a meal...

Sarah, better write some more books so your family can afford to eat. Sounds like people have figured out they can make their own chorepacks and aren't buying them from the Maxwells anymore.... :shock:

At the end of the post, Sarah talks about how much she loves burritos, and that she could eat them every day. Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, does she not know what happens when Papa Steve finds out that someone really enjoys something, it goes the way of Teri's pepsi and Jessie's instrument. On the other hand, maybe she really hates burritos and is hoping by professing her love for them, Steve will take them away.

What happened with Teri's Pepsi and Jessie's instrument?

I left a comment and told them to throw some fresh salsa on top with cheese, or better yet get some enchilada sauce with melted cheese on top.

My kids much prefer taco salad to burritos and I can't compete with this little restaurant down the street that has been in business since 1947. They make the biggest burritos I've ever had and they are so tasty. Add a cold beer and I'm in heaven. And I can walk there and back and not feel guilty.

I've never heard of grinding up the onions into soup. That sounds horrible. They need to add some soy protein or ground beef for bulk. And lots of cheese.

Oh well, they can poot happily along all together. At least no one can complain about the gas fumes in the room.

I've never heard of grinding up the onions into soup. That sounds horrible. They need to add some soy protein or ground beef for bulk. And lots of cheese.

Oh well, they can poot happily along all together. At least no one can complain about the gas fumes in the room.

There was a comment somewhere that they used to add ground beef. Steve found they couldn't taste the difference, so they no longer use it. I guess it's cheaper without it.

I wonder if they ever have a roasted chicken with fresh veggies, fish, or even meatloaf. You can have healthy food that tastes good and is fresh. Judging by the fancy electronic toys & gadgets the guys have, they should be able to afford a decent meal now a couple times a week.

I want Sarah to make me one of those Ultimate Turtle Cheesecakes for my birthday. WITH pecans please (Anna didn't want them on hers apparently)

What happened with Teri's Pepsi and Jessie's instrument?

He wished them away into a cornfield. (Yes, I believe the Maxwells live in the twilight zone)

Terri wrote a Mom's corner about her "addiction" to Pepsi. Apparently she liked drinking Pepsi. Steve Terri, decided that enjoyment of Pepsi was bad. It had become an idol. So Steve Terri decided to give it up.

When demgirl and clibbyjo crashed the Maxwell conference a while ago, Steve told a story about how Jessie really liked to play an instrument. Steve worried that he was beginning to idolize it, and it would take pieces of his heart away from god. So Steve asked him to give it up. He did. Steve is a turd.

Archived