IGNORED

Homosexuality is detrimental and ultimately destructive

keeperrox

I still find it amusing that he and Leonardo DiCaprio started out on the same show. Cameron found religion, started thinking it made him better than anyone and above it all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirk_Cameron#Filmography

DiCaprio stayed a "sinner", stuck to hard work, and....well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_D ... ilmography

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JFC, I've had no use for Piers Morgan since he X'ed out Prince Poppycock at Poppy's finale performance.

Morgan essentially said (not a direct quote) that a performer like Poppy had no business presenting anything other than high camp in hilarity. Poppy was interpreting a serious passage from an opera - beautifully staged and sung perfectly as always - and Morgan didn't like that. Teh buggerz must make the king laugh, not think, don't you know.

Who knows if Poppy's career would have gotten bigger without the loss? The salient point in re: morgan is that he showed himself essentially to have the attitude that gays can put on the 2000's equivalent of minstrel shows, but not much else.

Back to the topic of Cameron: Anybody who doesn't think patriarchy will destroy should just consider the unPhotoshopped picture of his happy [sic] birthday party. The women are pushed to the background and look miserable. They're doubly second-class citizens because they are working, horrors, outside the home for someone who is not their husband. I wager they're glad of that last fact, anyway. :lol:

"Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life till death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don't think anyone else should either," explains Cameron. "So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don't."

Were Adam and Eve ever officially 'married'? Who performed the ceremony, God?

Also, they never courted! Act like Adam and Eve kids, have sex with the first person to come along!

And now Piers Morgan is saying that Kirk Cameron is "brave" for sharing his beliefs.

What "brave"? Is he risking being beat up for sharing his beliefs? Is his life at stake? Are there roving gayngs* of queers going around murdering homophobes and claiming their god made them do it?

No?

Well, is his job at stake? Is he going to be unable to make asinine and badly-thought-out films on bananas now that his views on gays are out in the open? Will he have to make condom how-tos instead?

No?

Well, surely his home is at stake. Surely his neighbors, scenting the sanctimony and self-rightous bigotry in the air will torment him night and day with protests until he tucks his tail between his legs and sneaks out in the night?

Wait - not that either? Then what, exactly, has he risked? How is he being "brave" when he's not going to suffer any repercussions at all?

* Accidental typo, but I kept it in there because it's moderately amusing.

Aargh! Now I have to defend Morgan...I think he was using "brave" in a Sir Humphrey kind of way, not calling Cameron courageous.

They are both still wankers though.

Craig Ferguson tweeted

I think Mr. Cameron just wants attention. Maybe trying to raise his profile to get money for his next Christian Film.

Ha, ha! Very funny. Can we make the lovely Mr. Ferguson an honorary Jingerite? I bet Alan and Andy Coop would enjoy the company.

No, I did mean Piers, although I agree Kirk is too!

I would make you a link if I could, but my smartphone will object. Put his name into wiki and look at "career" this will make you see why I don't like him. He really is a wanker and has contributed hugely to trashy journalism here. The UK is the world leader in tabloidy rubbish I reckon and it is partly his fault.

I also loathe and detest the News of the World (I and comrades raised a glass when it died. Actually, several glasses.) A girl at my school's family was made a subject of investigation by these bastards, she was so humiliated the family left town. You don't get to be NoTW editor by being a nice person.

I have three other personal reasons for hating the NoTW, one can be discovered by googling "Tommy Sheridan" the other stories aren't mine to tell. By all accounts even though he wasn't editor then he helped put the culture in place which saw such things as normal.

Then his behaviour at the Mirror was disgraceful. He does not have a good name here. If you can read it in the States (it would be hard to find probably), there is a UK satirical mag called Private Eye, they will give you the lowdown on him.

Ah. What a douche, good lord. Now that I'm thinking about it, I remembered the one time I watched his show-- Only because Gerard Butler was on (yum). Anyway he was promoting Machine Gun Preacher and talking about it being more of a personal film for him and being one of those roles that really had an impact on him-- or that's what he was trying to discuss. Piers kept interrupting him and asking him ridiculous questions, like trying to get him to admit he was a player and a ladies man, or what type women he found attractive, etc. Gerry kept trying to talk about his movie, but Piers just wouldn't stop cutting him off with this crap and you could tell it was making Gerry really uncomfortable. I was so pissed off at that interview, but I'd completely forgotten about it until now.

I always feel sorry for the kids of people like this. "Sorry, kids, Daddy's not going to be home for dinner. He has to prove the existence of God using a banana."

Also funny. I was looking at the "Way of the Master" website (and could there be a more arrogant title?) and he mentions "preaching the Gospels the way Jesus did." Only Jesus didn't preach the Gospels. Why would he, heck, why would anyone, preach their life story?

"Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life till death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don't think anyone else should either," explains Cameron. "So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don't."

No one gives a shit how your religion defines marriage, you ignorant asshat. We only care about how the government defines it, and they have changed their definition multiple times throughout history. Seriously, STFU :x

I wonder if the Antichrist is gonna come from Kirk's Family?

that way, he would be responsible for the end of civilization; miserable twat.

That's appalling, especially coming from someone in the entertainment biz. Sad to think how many of his actor friends/colleagues he offended with that statement.

Has anyone seen his film "Fireproof?"

I wonder if the Antichrist is gonna come from Kirk's Family?

that way, he would be responsible for the end of civilization; miserable twat.

Possibly, but Snooki is pregnant, so my money would be on that child growing up to end the world as we know it.

Kirk will be arguing with his pro-gay rights TV costar Tracey Gold on Good Morning America tomorrow morning.

Kirk will be arguing with his pro-gay rights TV costar Tracey Gold on Good Morning America tomorrow morning.

Well, that's going to be funny.

Kirk Cameron has the right to his beliefs. I'm glad we have freedom of speech in America and even if I don't agree with everything Kirk C said, he should be able to say his views. Piers Morgan knew the answers to the questions before he asked them. He must be in need of higher ratings numbers for his show. I have never watched it. This must be his idea of stirring up controversy.

Has anybody argued that he does NOT have his right to his beliefs, or to express them when invited to do so? (This doesn't preclude him having the right to express them without an invitation, but he doesn't get the right to a national audience automatically.) He has the same rights the rest of us have. HE has the right to say "Gays suck! And not just in the blow job way! Which is icky!" and the rest of us have the right to say "Kirk Cameron is an ignorant jackass!", especially as our statement is less of an opinion and more of a fact.

Kirk Cameron has the right to his beliefs. I'm glad we have freedom of speech in America and even if I don't agree with everything Kirk C said, he should be able to say his views. Piers Morgan knew the answers to the questions before he asked them. He must be in need of higher ratings numbers for his show. I have never watched it. This must be his idea of stirring up controversy.

Of course he has the right to his beliefs and he even has the right to spew them just like he did. But just being free to speak them doesn't make him free from criticism of those views. My rights would be infringed on if I was not allowed to comment on what he said.

I never said you shouldn't have the right to criticize him. I have watched some of his debates with Comfort and thought they were laughable even though I am a born again Christian. I do agree with him on being against gay marriage.

I never said you shouldn't have the right to criticize him. I have watched some of his debates with Comfort and thought they were laughable even though I am a born again Christian. I do agree with him on being against gay marriage.

So...what's your point?

So why are you against gay marriage?

So why are you against gay marriage?

Let me take a stab at this...

"Because it's against God's plan" or some such bullshit.

Archived