IGNORED

More "cooking with Anna"....

Justme

Things have been pretty slow at the Maxwells lately. I mean, we haven't even seen cleaning photos. Or maybe cooking photos are the new cleaning photos. Whatever. At least the buns still seem to be in their ovens. Snarkiness aside, I am rooting for the babies.

'Rooting for babies' means something quite different in Australia.

Does anyone else think this just a fundie style advertising campaign? I think he's trawling for suitors.

Haha oh yes. I'm American, living in Sydney, and around the time I first came here, my now-husband took me to an NRL game, and I announced to his friends that I was "rooting for the Eels". I didn't understand why everybody was laughing uproariously at me. It's been over two years, but I still get teased about that. =p

Guest Anonymous

There is no Spring trip for them to look forward to - apart from attending three conferences organised by others, they are just home, cleaning for the pregnant sisters and waiting for godot the Fall tour.

They are like no bake cookies and I do love them.

That was my thought, they're an altered no-bake cookie. I like my recipe better.

The Canadian brand Roots put beavers on their jerseys... :lol: :lol: :lol:

All right, tell the class what rooting for (insert name here) means? :? Is like what a baby does at the breast?

All right, tell the class what rooting for (insert name here) means? :? Is like what a baby does at the breast?

Urban Dictionary says it means fucking :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Google tells me that rooting=fucking in Australia. :)

Or in Maxwell speak, perhaps rooting= sweet fellowship with one's Headship ? :P

Urban Dictionary says it means fucking :lol:

Yup! :D "Having a root"= coitus :lol: Not in polite company tho!

I think the Cooking With Anna threads are definitely an effort to take the focus off Spinster Sarah and pushing Available Anna up on the marketing block.

I think the Cooking With Anna threads are definitely an effort to take the focus off Spinster Sarah and pushing Available Anna up on the marketing block.

Steve's even offering a taste - “My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste.†:shock:

Yup! :D "Having a root"= coitus :lol: Not in polite company tho!

Well! No wonder one gets the funny looks when you are rooting for something. :lol:

Steve's even offering a taste - “My son, eat thou honey, because it is good; and the honeycomb, which is sweet to thy taste.†:shock:

He's pimping her out (at least for him)! LOL!

I stayed with a lovely American Lutheran family during the Super Bowl last year. I nearly choked with stifled laughter when my host was explaining to me who everyone in the family would be "rooting" for. From an Australian perspective, the Steelers and the Packers sounded incredibly crude in that context! :lol:

"Delia", are you trying to get Anna is "trouble"?! :lol: She is your cooking IDOL. You're going to spread the base on animal crackers. She should do a video.

Stevie is going to yank any kind of "fun" cooking away. :naughty: She'll be able to cook beans only.

I was going to say "Watch out, Pioneer Woman! Here comes the competition--ANNA MAXWELL!" Think about it! She could start each show with a prayer and over the cookies or meal, she could read one of the Moody books while the 800# for ordering them flashes on the screen! She could see "modest" aprons, too! Of course, this would all have to be on dvd from Franklin Springs Media so no one would have to actually watch real TV. She could visit a nursing home and make denture-safe treats for the oldies while her brothers and sisters sing hymns in the background....then a COOKBOOK!!

Oh, sorry. Forgot. This is sounding almost fun and rewarding. Forgot we were discussing the Maxwells.

"Delia", are you trying to get Anna is "trouble"?! :lol: She is your cooking IDOL. You're going to spread the base on animal crackers. She should do a video.

Stevie is going to yank any kind of "fun" cooking away. :naughty: She'll be able to cook beans only.

Stevie is a spoil sport, he posted my comment from Delia Smith (A UK TV Cook) but has obviously been lurking on here as it's gone. :violin: It's funny how he has to come on here to work out the comment is a snark, rather than realise at the moderation stage. I suppose I was pushing it with the words; Idol, fun x4, Animal Cracker, Sweat Pizza (which only the Maxwell's know the secret recipe :roll: - to be revealed in the next Moody 'book'.)

You've not been on the Pepsi yourself Stevie?

I think the cooking theme is a test pilot for a possible cooking project with one or all of the Maxwell women. I smell another selling gimmick. Their other products may not be working as well now that they no longer have scheduled conferences. I'm thinking Steve is trying new things to keep the cash flow going.

Stevie is a spoil sport, he posted my comment from Delia Smith (A UK TV Cook) but has obviously been lurking on here as it's gone. :violin: It's funny how he has to come on here to work out the comment is a snark, rather than realise at the moderation stage. I suppose I was pushing it with the words; Idol, fun x4, Animal Cracker, Sweat Pizza (which only the Maxwell's know the secret recipe :roll: - to be revealed in the next Moody 'book'.)

You've not been on the Pepsi yourself Stevie?

Aw, darn it, I missed "Delia's" post. :cry:

Archived