IGNORED

Now Sarah is taking OneTon Ramp....

Justme

They must really be hurting for "students" as they keep plugging this thing in their blog.... At least she gets to drink Hot Chocolate while "attending..... :ugeek:

:roll:

From her post:

The Lord laid the burden of ITonRamp on our hearts, and it finally came to fruition this last year.

And by burden, I asssume Pa Maxwell means " idea for making more money since the whole conference thing is drying up and the construction industry kind of sucks right now and me and my boys need our gadgets."

Guest Anonymous

:mrgreen: I saw the new post in my Google Reader and really wanted the "Hot Chocolate" reference to mean she was listening to this, while working on her assignment:

C61olIkvoks

What do you want to bet they make Sarah pay for the course out of her Moody profits? That poor woman. I can't believe she is 30. On the one hand, she looks far younger than 30. On the other hand her eyes look weary and vacant bespeaking years of isolation and cult life.

"laid the burden ... on our hearts".....you've got to be fucking kidding me; way to make it sound awful...how about "the Lord inspired my father with this wonderful idea".....

My first thought was at least she has something to do that will be slightly different from everything else she does in her mundane life. But not too different that it might become an idol. She's in very little danger of having what some might call fun from OneTon Ramp, but at least she gets to do something. I made myself sad thinking that's what this must be for her.

I wouldn't be suprised if they made her pay, if they let their 30 year old daughter have her own money, that is. I hope they gave her some sort of family discount.

I was thinking the same about the hot chocolate. She probably has to skip dessert that day if she is daring to indulge earlier in the day. Of course, 1 mug of hot chocolate is better than 2 animal crackers. :)

That whole post is obviously just to ramp up business which we all know must be sucking if Sarah has to mention it again.

I wonder if they have had a larger response from SAHDs than they expected and since the Maxwell "men" are not allowed to dialogue directly with unrelated females, Sarah is taking the course to help Anna out advising SAHDs? I can imagine this is a course that fundy parents might see as useful to fill in time for their daughters (without younger siblings to train) and since it is guaranteed not to be any fun, it's a win-win for fundy parents. Can't have those girls having fun and getting ideas above their stations, can we? :doh:

I was thinking the same about the hot chocolate. She probably has to skip dessert that day if she is daring to indulge earlier in the day. Of course, 1 mug of hot chocolate is better than 2 animal crackers. :)

That whole post is obviously just to ramp up business which we all know must be sucking if Sarah has to mention it again.

Agree that it's a sales pitch to their unsuspecting readership. Coupled with the OneTon Ramp being a "burden" rather than a joy, the project is definitely not put in a positive light. Then again, these are the Maxwells. At least the OneTon Ramp still lives!

They must really be hurting for "students" as they keep plugging this thing in their blog.... At least she gets to drink Hot Chocolate while "attending..... :ugeek:

This is my thought too. "Advertising again??? Ho-hum..."

Just saw on the comment page that one mom plans on taking the "basics" course and letting her 10 and 12 year old daughters watch the webinars with her. I am surprised Stevie didn't tell her she has to pay for the course three times if she does that! I mean, isn't that equivalent to selling used books in his mind? I am sure he noted her email address so he can return to the issue should she ever sign up for the course!

I think they "allow" that in the terms and conditions.

I do wonder though if Steve writes some of the sycophantic comments....

The terms and conditions are very interesting. This one's my favorite:

We reserve the right to end your participation in any course, at any time, for any reason. Common reasons may include, but are not limited to: hostility towards mentor, fraud/deceit, inappropriate behavior, dissemination of false/slanderous information regarding ITonRamp or an extremely poor work ethic.

So if you sign up, know that failure is all on you, no blame may be assigned to your teacher, mentor, curriculum, or materials. If you're unhappy, don't you dare tell anyone, that will get you to boot too, under dissemination of slanderous info. :roll:

Anna took the course, and now Sarah as well. Maybe there was an unexpected increase in females/SAHDs taking the course, making it difficult for Nathan to "mentor" students so Anna and Sarah are taking turns "mentoring" the females. It makes sense that fundie families, even in their anti-intellectual zeal, realize the importance of sending their sons (and hard earned cash) to reputable educational institutions with accreditation. A program like ITOnRamp is probably more acceptable to girls since accreditation for female education appears a nonissue and it allows girls to stay home while learning something useful. I wonder if Nathan is going to be feel uncomfortable with a large female student population.....

The terms and conditions are very interesting. This one's my favorite:

So if you sign up, know that failure is all on you, no blame may be assigned to your teacher, mentor, curriculum, or materials. If you're unhappy, don't you dare tell anyone, that will get you to boot too, under dissemination of slanderous info. :roll:

hostility towards mentor

I'm a college graduate and have taken tons of professional classes. I've never, ever heard or seen this term mentioned in any course discriptions. :shock: This is just not normal. Was this term used in the original OneTon Onramp discriptive? Does anyone remember? I'm thinking they had one or more "bad" experiences with "students" during the few classes they've offered....

Would anyone mind giving a quick explanation of what 1Ton Ramp is? I tried to Google it, but of course, all that come up are one ton ramps for trucks, etc. (So fail right there, as far as selecting a name for this whatever). Sounds like on-line classes of some kind.

I don't read the Maxwell blog, nor know much about this family beyond what I read here at FJ. I feel sorry for their 30-year old daughter, stuck living at home with such a limited sort of life. When the parents finally kick the bucket, I bet there won't be much inheritance for her, and she'll end up destitute, no skills, no life experiences, and probably living with a married brother and sister-in-law. What a sad little life - so Victorian, but even worse because she's not allowed to even read good literature.

Would anyone mind giving a quick explanation of what 1Ton Ramp is? I tried to Google it, but of course, all that come up are one ton ramps for trucks, etc. (So fail right there, as far as selecting a name for this whatever). Sounds like on-line classes of some kind.

I don't read the Maxwell blog, nor know much about this family beyond what I read here at FJ. I feel sorry for their 30-year old daughter, stuck living at home with such a limited sort of life. When the parents finally kick the bucket, I bet there won't be much inheritance for her, and she'll end up destitute, no skills, no life experiences, and probably living with a married brother and sister-in-law. What a sad little life - so Victorian, but even worse because she's not allowed to even read good literature.

1 Ton Ramp comes from the Maxwells shitty logo for IT on Ramp, which if you look at it quick kind of looks like 1 Ton Ramp. IT on Ramp is a money making scheme and idea the Maxwell men came up with tomake more money, teach basic IT skills to people with the Jesus stamp of approval, via a home based method.

The Maxwells have difficulty with their logos, as evidenced by their logo for the "And Sons Maxwell Construction Company."

leavenworthconstruction.com/

LOL - thank you twin2.

A bit more LOL. I took this screen shot from the FAQ page the day the 1 Ton Ramp site went live. Would you take an IT course from these people? (of note there were about 4 or 5 of these on the site that day)

30l1jy1.png

Trouble finding students...hmm....no accredidttion, no reputation. no contact with outside world.........no students.

That, and the fact that what they're teaching is stuff that any motivated student can teach themselves for free by looking up information online (or asking a tech-savvy friend or relative), or for the cost of a 'Dummies' book. It's the most basic computer knowledge; nothing more.

Teaching a skill you have can be fun and make you a little bit of extra money. But when the skills you're teaching are ones that countless people already have? You're not going to get a lot of takers. If I'm going to pay $200/$1000 for an unaccredited online course, it's going to be in something I can't learn from just anyone, or by picking up a book, or by seeking answers online.

hostility towards mentor

I'm a college graduate and have taken tons of professional classes. I've never, ever heard or seen this term mentioned in any course discriptions. :shock: This is just not normal. Was this term used in the original OneTon Onramp discriptive? Does anyone remember? I'm thinking they had one or more "bad" experiences with "students" during the few classes they've offered....

These people are absolutely not normal. I am not at all a people person. I don't trust people unless they've given me a reason to. But I would never ASSUME that my clients--and I have my own business, so I do have them--were going to attempt to screw me or just be general fuckups. They have the darkest view of other people... which I think says more about their own mentality and character than it does about others'.

Sarah needs to lay off the hot chocolate a bit - she has gained some weight. It's noticable because she was so tiny. I guess I don't blame her at all for seeking comfort where she can.

Archived