IGNORED

Do You Think Michelle Is Trying for Another Baby?

Sister Mary Savage

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Jimbob would absolutely lose it if something happened to Michelle.

They have to wait 80 days after and then after that they can only have sex 2 weeks out of the month so it's not likely she'll get pregnant any time soon.

You forgot the part where those two weeks of every month are the most fertile days for a woman with a regular cycle.

I know everyone is different and she does have a somewhat unusual, even extraordinary, maternal history. But, when I was 41 and asked for birth control, after twenty years of it not being necessary so I had no clue, my gyno asked if I was honestly concerned with pregnancy. I said yes, I was, and am, even though I know it's not really likely even if I did suddenly develop an active sex life. I just didn't want to take any chances. We got into a lengthy discussion about stats and the possibility of conceiving at 41. There were, in my case, other issues because I was already perimenopausal. But, my age was, even then, my biggest 'birth control'. Absolutely no guarantee one way or another, but it was unlikely in general. And if I did conceive, my chances of carrying to full term were less than 50%.

I am now 44.5 years old and recently went in to change my IUD, which was giving me troubles. Nothing major, just enough for me to feel it and not trust it. My gyno asked me flat out if I actually even thought I needed to put in a new one after my next cycle. Of course, there is still no sex life, but that aside, at my age, she just isn't convinced conception, much less full term gestation and birth, are likely. Again, we're talking odds, not fact. Especially since there is no chance of me developing any sex life without condoms involved. It *could* happen, if I ever have sex again and I need that safety net and peace of mind. But, most likely, it will *not* happen - even if in the heat of the moment the condom was left in its wrapper - and she suggested I spend some time, since I am currently not active, considering my options and weighing my risks.

All that is to say...age matters. It is relevant. It is not out of the question for someone in their mid-40's to conceive, and/or carry a child to term and give birth to a healthy child. It is not, however, common or likely or on the positive side of the statistics. Add in her recent history - preeclampsia and a 25 week preemie followed by a 16 week miscarriage.

Her BODY is telling her something. Never mind her god.

Somehow, though, I don't see them taking any of that into consideration or acknowledging any facts or likelihoods. They don't even care what their god wants. They want what they want and will die trying.

I know everyone is different and she does have a somewhat unusual, even extraordinary, maternal history. But, when I was 41 and asked for birth control, after twenty years of it not being necessary so I had no clue, my gyno asked if I was honestly concerned with pregnancy. I said yes, I was, and am, even though I know it's not really likely even if I did suddenly develop an active sex life. I just didn't want to take any chances. We got into a lengthy discussion about stats and the possibility of conceiving at 41. There were, in my case, other issues because I was already perimenopausal. But, my age was, even then, my biggest 'birth control'. Absolutely no guarantee one way or another, but it was unlikely in general. And if I did conceive, my chances of carrying to full term were less than 50%.

I am now 44.5 years old and recently went in to change my IUD, which was giving me troubles. Nothing major, just enough for me to feel it and not trust it. My gyno asked me flat out if I actually even thought I needed to put in a new one after my next cycle. Of course, there is still no sex life, but that aside, at my age, she just isn't convinced conception, much less full term gestation and birth, are likely. Again, we're talking odds, not fact. Especially since there is no chance of me developing any sex life without condoms involved. It *could* happen, if I ever have sex again and I need that safety net and peace of mind. But, most likely, it will *not* happen - even if in the heat of the moment the condom was left in its wrapper - and she suggested I spend some time, since I am currently not active, considering my options and weighing my risks.

All that is to say...age matters. It is relevant. It is not out of the question for someone in their mid-40's to conceive, and/or carry a child to term and give birth to a healthy child. It is not, however, common or likely or on the positive side of the statistics. Add in her recent history - preeclampsia and a 25 week preemie followed by a 16 week miscarriage.

Her BODY is telling her something. Never mind her god.

Somehow, though, I don't see them taking any of that into consideration or acknowledging any facts or likelihoods. They don't even care what their god wants. They want what they want and will die trying.

That makes them really determined but mostly selfish and greedy.

That makes them really determined but mostly selfish and greedy.

Exactly my opinion of them since the day I heard of them. It's why I won't watch their show and won't acknowledge them. Sometimes, they get my dander up when they're discussed here, but usually, I don't even discuss them here. They just make me...ill.

Having lost a baby second trimester I know that I was advised to wait a year to try again .. .this may have been longer than usually advised, because I had a huge amount of blood loss -- but I think in general the Dr. would advise at least a couple month wait, in order to heal and give a better chance for the next pregnancy... Of course at 45 it would be hard to do, as the chances of conceiving at all are getting so slim.

I was about to say something like this. I know when I lost mine just on the line between the first and second trimesters the doctor told us to wait at LEAST six months. What is this 80 day stuff?

I don't think. I know. I'm convinced. I am dead sure. I can almost see it (yet I don't want to). (Oh btw, when is the probably healthy and full term, beautiful Bates baby due? Poetic question, don't mean to be OT)

The 80 day thing is Biblical - 40 days for a boy, 80 days for a girl.

Does that cover miscarriages as well as live births? Often the sex is not known to the parents after a miscarriage, so is there no waiting period or does one err on the side of caution and always use the 80 day rule?

I ask because if there is any wiggle room here, they will wiggle.

Well a google search comes up with different results, it seems average between two weeks, or until after the next normal period...

I think we can pretty well guarantee they are going at it like bunnies again by now.. mf_emoticon_rabbits.gif

I think the bates have all chances to have a healthy number 20, and they will. The Duggars don't even stand a chance of having a full term baby anymore. 3 C sections up to Jordyn, then micro premie Josie, then a miscarriage.

I was about to say something like this. I know when I lost mine just on the line between the first and second trimesters the doctor told us to wait at LEAST six months. What is this 80 day stuff?

Umm, we're talking about J'chelle here. Do you really think that medical advice really enters into the equation? (I'm very pro consumer rights and 2nd opinions, but these ppl take it way past advocating for their own wellbeing and over into the dicing-with-death territory.)

When I was growing up in Fundystan, one of the the big pro-life arguments was that we shouldn't 'play God', the idea being that it's God's job to make decisions about when ppl live or die. I find it ironic that Fundies only seem to apply that argument to situations they see as taking life(euthanasia and pregnancy termination-somehow capital punishment gets ignored), but will fight tooth-and-nail to keep life going, whatever the cost. For some reason, making medically questionable decisions like insisting on treating micro-premmies or ppl with terminal prognoses is never regarded as 'playing God'. I don't understand why not.

The 80 days thing is a Gothardite interpretation of some Levitical law.

Yeah, except if she is really wanting desperately for another baby ..then waiting a little while to try again is much more likely to result in the pregnancy sticking -- due to the procedures used, blood loss, cervix closing etc etc ... at least that's what they told me at the time. I don't think they would suddenly start using birth control or become long-term celibate - but I could definitely see them waiting a couple of months before trying again if they though it would significantly up their chances of a healthy pregnancy. I doubt they would wait very long though, due to age.

Of course she is, she's never not trying.

Whether she will ever carry another child to anything near term though is highly unlikely. Her ovaries might still be working but her womb is fucked up beyond all recognition.

Whether she will ever carry another child to anything near term though is highly unlikely. Her ovaries might still be working but her womb is fucked up beyond all recognition.

I just can't imagine. When I had my 4th child (3rd C-section) in May 2010, my doctor told me, during the repair, that my uterus was "old and tired" :lol: and told me that I should not have another. We had already planned on #4 being the last one anyway, but that sealed it, for me. He's a Catholic, has 5 kids himself, no reason to lie to me nor is he one to discourage having children. But from a medical standpoint, it's not a good idea for me to have any more, and that was after "just" 4 full-term pregnancies. I cannot fathom how scarred her uterus must be, from all the placental implantation sites alone, not to mention the C-sections.

And as far as conceiving and her age, I know that's got to be tough. I myself was a "fertile Myrtle", as they say. First 3 kids were conceived first month out each time, no problem. Last one took 8 months, with at least one early miscarriage in there. I turned 40 a month before he was conceived, and turned 41 2 months after his birth. Age makes a big difference, for sure. In many things.

I think she will try for another baby and she probably doesn't care about the damage she has inside her and I don't think she will ever think about another micropreemie birth or possibly having a child with Down syndrome.

I think she will try her hardest to get pregnant again and I predict that if she is unable to get pregnant again that she will enter a deep depression and won't be able to adjust. I believe that she has used her pregnancies in the past to avoid facing certain issues in her life.

They'll try, yes! But when there are more miscarriages and she cannot carry another healthy child to term, then they will have to start wondering, as will their ATI/Gothard fundie fans, "why God is not blessing them with more flowers or arrows" and I think it will be impossible for them to accept that "why" will look like , to others, that they have fallen out of favor with Jebus.

As soon as Jana and Jill turned about 8, 7, 6, she had less and less thing to. Then with 4 preteen daughters, she had nothing to do but eat, pray and sl**p. Babies were bottle fed and diapered by the girls. She took care about 5 babies maximum. The girls probably helped diaper since they were 3. All Michelle had to do was getting pregnant, praying and 'homeschooling' for 3 decades. If that stops, what will she do? Besides going mad.

As soon as Jana and Jill turned about 8, 7, 6, she had less and less thing to. Then with 4 preteen daughters, she had nothing to do but eat, pray and sl**p. Babies were bottle fed and diapered by the girls. She took care about 5 babies maximum. The girls probably helped diaper since they were 3. All Michelle had to do was getting pregnant, praying and 'homeschooling' for 3 decades. If that stops, what will she do? Besides going mad.

I believe that Michelle had mentioned somewhere that the oldest girls were blessings from God, to help her raise her other children. She took the easy way out, by using her daughters' youth to raise her own children.

I don't think Michelle will go mad, because she can't sustain a full-term pregnancy. I think she has already gone mad. Her God was already telling her to stop having babies well before Josie and Jubilee. Jennifer seems to have speech development issues, and Jordyn never gets the attention she needs. Michelle will most likely do book tours and other things so she can maintain her inflated ego.

Of course she is. She and Jimbo are trying every chance they get.

I would also bet my limited means on the fact that as she prayed in the new year on her knees, in the family room with everyone else, she was praying for god to keep her womb open and give her another life. She was NOT praying for god's own will. She was BEGGING god for what she wants/needs.

Could totally see it-they are addicted to babies. Personally, I hope she doesn't have another one at all-19 is plenty. If God wants to answer a prayer for an open womb, there are plenty of infertile women who would love to have a child and couples who would cherish, love and respect the child far more than Jimbob and Jchelle who have 19 and throw off each new baby to an older daughter.

Archived