IGNORED

Josiah takes on Science

formergothardite

My husband's family came from England. They were Puritans, and emigrated to the US in 1631. Many of them were involved with the founding fathers of this nation--one woman was married to Ethan Allen, one man was in the Continental Congress in 1777 and later became Governor of Georgia. Later generations spawned Louisa May Alcott (my kids are related!!!) and hung out with Thoreau and Emerson (though he later converted to Catholicism, and actually became a prolific Theologian). They were all Christians. In fact, I'm guessing Dougie would be very envious of my husband and children's family tree.

When they came to the US, the family split into 3 branches, all with different SPELLINGS of the name.

I've done some internet research back to the town where they originally came from, and there are quite a few documents online. Some are typed in, some are scanned. In the very same family, over several generations, there are again SEVERAL SPELLINGS of the name, and many illiterate members who signed with an X. Many of these documents go back long prior to 1611.

Now tell me this, if the same family, who apparently all knew each other at one time or another, could not agree on how to spell their own name, how, pray tell, can we be absolutely positive that the order of the Creation happened exactly as it was written in the Bible, before any human foot touched the earth, and long, long before written documentation?

God gave us his Word, yes, but we had to figure out how to write it down. And guess what? We make mistakes. A lot of mistakes, and often--every single day, in fact. And God gave us brains and abilities to discover on our own--and what we may discover is that He didn't do it just how Joeus Blowus wrote it down on the stone tablet in 53 BC. Surprise, surprise.

Josiah, your argument just doesn't hold.

*BTW, I really do think he's still lurking, but has either hidden his status, or entered as a guest. Come on, Josiah. Step up to the plate. Face the music. Come to Jesus. Dare ya.

I'm sure he is too. He admitted on the other thread that he posted stuff just to get us to talk about him, so I bet he is enjoying this along with being mad that he can't win a debate with us heathens.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1: Cut a hole in the box

2: Science goes in that box

3: Make him open the box

And that's the way you do it...

:lol: :clap:

Archived