IGNORED

Fundies Say The Meanest Things

Guest Member456

Also, I do not get people who compare homosexuality to pedophilia and beastility. I never will understand this because to me the one big difference- consent. A man having sex with another man who is a legal, consenting adult is no one's business. They can do that-both consenting and adults. Man with child or animal-no consent-and imo, a power/dominance thing because it's not possible to have enjoyable, loving sex with someone who does not understand or is not a willing participant in the act. That's why we call it rape. It is entirely one way and the person is being forced. Two same-sex consenting adults can and do have enoyable, loving, two-way sex with the goal to please both themselves and the other person-just as with consenting heterosex couples.

The connection I've heard is that some of the bigots say that some/many/most/all (in the case of PP) homosexuals are pedophiles. They usually have some bogus statistic to back it up (or some twisting of a real stat). I think they just say: "icky sex thing that grosses me out=bad" without thinking about the consent issue. For me, tbh, not a huge fan of gay sex. Good thing I'm straight! I'm not turned on by other women, but I understand that my gay male friends aren't either. None of us are turned on by children or animals, though.

I agree it is strange that the consent thing they just cannot consider. In the case of fundies, they also use their precious handful of anti-homosexual (or supposedly anti-homosexual) verses and cling to them for dear life. At least they were all clearly anti-gay and spoken by Jesus... Oh, wait...

Hope that makes sense. I'm posting from my phone and the melatonin finally started to kick in...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those portrait analyses are ridiculous. Also, from this post: http://cameraluc.blogspot.com/2011/12/m ... raits.html

What? Malia has always been gorgeous, and she's only gotten prettier. She chose an unflattering picture for that post, and yet Malia still looks good. She looks really beautiful in the family portrait, and this is supposed to be her awkward stage.

20kda1w.jpg

What I don't like about the photo is that to me Michelle's hands look tense. Like she was having to hold her oldest daughter's hands still. Must be because I'm tired. Beautiful family though.

Fundies keep rolling their eyes whenever they hear someone curse, they pretend like they are about to faint and get a heart attack at the same time. They pretend like they farts sound like Vivaldi and smelled like rose water. YET they are the first to backstab people, talk shit about EVERYONE behind their back, look down upon people, and the reason can be whatever, education, finances, looks, etc... And they pretend they are better than Jesus himself.

That was Michaela, and she looked embarrassed at her bratty sister's mouthing off. And Tori just wouldn't take the hint and shut up!

Maybe she was just trying to be cute for the cameras--I've seen teenaged girls get sassy and say inappropriate things like that when they're at the center of attention, aren't used to it, and think they need to say something clever. Tori just didn't seem to know when to stop, though.

Ah, I see. Yeah, she didn't know when to be quiet, did she?!

Those portrait analyses are ridiculous. Also, from this post: http://cameraluc.blogspot.com/2011/12/m ... raits.html

What? Malia has always been gorgeous, and she's only gotten prettier. She chose an unflattering picture for that post, and yet Malia still looks good. She looks really beautiful in the family portrait, and this is supposed to be her awkward stage.

20kda1w.jpg

I think this is a genuinely lovely family. And I don't doubt their love for each other one bit.

I think this picture proofs it.

Malia is gorgeous and so is Sasha.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/artdesign/s ... tdocs.html

I used to follow her. I had to stop. She is just so hateful, so racist, so utterly lacking in goodwill or compassion toward her fellow human beings that it made me feel dirty to read her blog. It got to the point where I'd feel straight-up dread just seeing a new post from her listed in my blog reader, so I unsubscribed.

I always wanted to ask her, "Do you honestly believe Jesus would be okay with the kinds of things you write about other people? That, knowing your heart, he'd consider you any sort of Christian?" because I see absolutely nothing remotely Christ-like in anything that woman thinks or writes. She is just a deeply hateful person. I take some consolation in the fact that she's not raising children, but she's a deeply disturbed individual.

Isn't Kidist awful? I can't believe we don't discuss her more often around these parts. I discovered her via the NON-Thinking Housewife. Kidist is like NTH childless, Canadian doppelganger. I can't believe the hateful stuff she writes at her blog. She has so much bigotry towards people of other races (despite being black herself), non-Christians, women, gay people.

Recently she wrote about getting a part-time job at a store called Laura's. She had nothing but horrible things to say about her co-workers, mostly having to do with their ethnicity. If I'm not mistaken Kidist also mentioned she was going to "mess" with her co-workers. Wow, what a professional. Is her boss aware of her blog?

But back to the Obama portraits. What a lovely family. The affection amongst them is so genuine. I truly believe the President and the First Lady are great parents. And Malia and Sasha are delightful girls who will grow up to do great things.

Lady Lydia is just like Aunt Lydia from the Handmaid's Tale.

ZsuZsu sounds like a total masochist whose happy in slavery.

For being such horrible female misogynists, may they grow hair on their legs, faces and chests, and may their voices sound masculine.

I think this post from a fundie sums up why they feel the need, even the duty, to be such assholes. It is in response to a woman that was friends with a woman who is a lesbian before she became born again. The lesbian woman is getting married and sent her friend an invitation. The woman asked if she should just decline the invitation, or if she should decline with an explanation of why she couldn't attend an abomination such as a gay wedding. This is the advice handed out by a wise woman of god and is pretty typical of the way fundies, and fundie-lights believe.

If you are friends then I think an explanation of your views is responsible. Loving her is telling her the truth in a respectful honest way. Sure if you hardly ever talk or see each other you could probably ignore the whole thing for the rest of your life and she would never know your view. People are unable to attend weddings for lots of reasons. When you are standing in front of God at the end, will you be okay with telling him ,"I just didn't know what to say..."?

The time is over for us to not be involved in these discussions. As Christians we need to know how to respond. If you don't do it now you will have to do it later. I'd say the sooner the better.

Remember that your view is not you yourself. It is ultimately God's view. We don't have to get upset and defensive when others don't agree with us. But we do need to know the reasons for which God's views stand.

I hope you are encouraged to not just start a conversation with her, but make yourselves equipped to explain God's view. It's even okay if she thinks God's view is different. If she comes to a different conclusion or doesn't want to listen to the reasons, then your done. You be the one offering a Biblical perspective and leave it in the "hands" of the Holy Spirit to work on her mind and heart. You can tell her without trying to change her because she probably won't even after many discussions. But if she asks questions, be prepared to answer them. Remember also to ask her questions too. This is very beneficial because it gives you more info about her and helps you understand her and it gets her doing the explaining.

All that said I would get on Stand To Reason's website str.org and sign up. They have a ton of articles and really well thought out answers to this and a lot of other issues, with some book recommendations as well.

What's worse? Your friendship failing, or her never knowing the truth? Don't be afraid, and it's okay to wait for what you feel to be the right opportunity just be prepared!

Prayers for you in this difficult discussion.

There you have it, they must be mean and they feel completely justified, even called by their god, to be so.

Exactly. What gets me is the deep-rooted, absolute belief that they are right and everyone else is wrong. This lady seems to expect that the lesbian friend just needs to be told and then she will go "Oh, the Bible says that? I had no idea! I am totally going to cancel my wedding and dump the person I love over this RIGHT NOW. Thanks for telling me!" ... which leads me to wonder how naive and how delusional a person can be.

ETA: And it makes me sad to think that statistically, one or more of the Duggar kids, of ZsuZsu and PP's kids, etc, will turn out gay... and how awful an experience that will probably be for the child.

Archived