IGNORED

Fundies Say The Meanest Things

Guest Member456

Guest Anonymous

Fundies are always going on about how mean and impolite we are because some of us say the word fuck, swear a lot, and call people names. Meanwhile, they advocate forced childbirth, beating the daylights out of little kids, stoning gay people to death, and telling people that aren't just like them that they will burn in hell for eternity. I thought it would be interesting to collect some of the awful things that fundies have said here or on their blogs. Even though they try to disguise their hatefulness with pink flowers, glitter, and insipid music players, I maintain that they're far nastier than we are.

Yeah, Laura took a different approach to marriage than did her mother. He and Almonzo probably had a happy enough marriage. That's all fin and good. But her daughter didn't. Rose ended up with a divorce. Something went wrong. Somewhere, someone didn't follow God's commands. I tend to think it was her parents.

In reference to Laura Ingalls Wilder's daughter Rose - This fundie says that Laura didn't submit to Almonzo, so God punished her daughter with an unhappy marriage and a divorce.

But you are asking me a tough questions and you want an answer so I will give you one. I believe it is God's place to decide when a a life should end, not man. The only similarity of drowning an 11 year old and what you did is that I would consider them both murder. Not the same form of murder, but murder none the less. If abortion was illegal I would constitute your situation with murder charges. There, you got me to say it, and say what you will about me, but I do not hate you. I hate what you did because that child was not given a chance. I have heard story after story from mothers who were told there was no hope, but then a miracle happened. The child does not always live an absolutely normal life, but God has a plan for that life none the less.

This fundie thinks that terminating a pregnancy where a fetus has a terrible genetic disorder incompatible with life (that will suffer horribly until it dies) is equivalent to murder, and that women should be charged with murder for having an abortion.

Personally, yes, I think it should be illegal except in instances of saving the mothers life. *snip* So a woman who had multiple illegal abortions and it could be proven that she was using it as birth control would get a heavier sentence than a person who just found out that their unborn child would have such severe deformities that it would not live past a few days or weeks and would be in constant pain or suffering would get perhaps a very light sentence or community service.

This one speaks for itself. I can't even.

“I’m sure you have been watching scenes from Katrina victims. I kept hoping I would see some lady fleeing the hurricane in clothes which looked presentable. Instead, the images I was presented were almost uniformly an ugly tee-shirt combined with these big shorts. Can you imagine having only those clothes on your back and nothing else? When will the women of our country wake up? No wonder marriages are falling apart.â€

This fundie thinks that women fleeing a hurricane wearing tee-shirts is destroying marriages. If only they had fled in lacy frumpers instead.

“What does the phrase ‘die with dignity’ mean to us? We have let the modernists liberal define this for us, making it completely contrary to real dignity. I’ve heard people say “I wouldn’t be caught dead in that outfit.†As a people, we used to be concerned with the impression and the influence we left others at our passing. I’m not suggesting we get all dressed up for a hurricane, but if those clothes which provide dignity and coverings are the only thing in our closets and the only thing available to us, we won’t be caught in a storm with the big shorts, saggy tee shirts and flip-flops. Tragedies always bring scenes of ripped and dirty clothing, but I think it is very telling about our morals and values when we allow our women to trapse about in nothing but garments that would have been underwear a hundred years ago.â€

Judging people on their appearance is a fundie must.

Feel free to add your least favorite nasty fundie quotes if you're so inclined. Then when someone starts crying about how horrible we are, we can direct them here to see some real awfulness.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all I can think of at the moment is that freaking Eryn Bates, when she went to college and was talking about how she wanted to make sure she chose the right school, cos heaven forbid she be seated next to someone with BLUE HAIR... *shakes head*

One moment that made my jaw drop came from one of the most vile "Christians", ZsuZu talking about buying from Starbucks:

While I realize that the company as a whole probably has the wrong ideas as far as society is concerned, I have to say I love the high-quality food and great service there (that is, as long as it's not a queer fixing my drink).

It's not that I'm surprised, but she said it so off-the-cuff and it was so uncalled for (like everything she says). Her views on homosexuality are just disgusting.

One moment that made my jaw drop came from one of the most vile "Christians", ZsuZu talking about buying from Starbucks:

It's not that I'm surprised, but she said it so off-the-cuff and it was so uncalled for (like everything she says). Her views on homosexuality are just disgusting.

I'm not surprised that she feels that way, but how does she know which of the baristas are gay? Or does she assume that poor service = gay person making my drink? It never ends with these people

The child does not always live an absolutely normal life, but God has a plan for that life none the less.

Perhaps that plan is to be aborted quickly and swiftly brought to Heaven. Why do these folks think God is so easily thwarted?

It's like the earthquake in Boston in 1775. Earthquakes are rare in that part of the world, and in England, and few of the people who experienced it had ever been in an earthquake before. So what caused it? Apparently, many of them thought God was just pissed he couldn't hurl lightning bolts with impunity because of all those rods on the roofs. :roll:

Candy said just today that most people living on Earth are spiritually dead (thanks!)

The world is full of the living dead. Most people living on this earth are dead. To inherit eternal life in heaven with the Lord, one has to be born again. That is the only way

I don't know if this counts but when Tori Bates stood their and snotted about the door colors in front of Jana.Princess,you live in a rabbit hutch and people are giving you a huge new house and working for free.

Start about :40

Please remind me how to embed again.

Perhaps she thinks that there's a dress code? Or an obligatory lisp? Or only men of a certain body type can catch teh ghey? Or any man who likes to wear certain colors is gay?

The only gay husbands I know are a couple of burly, shaggy guys with a bit of middle-aged spread and a fondness for ball caps and lumberjack shirts. I would LOVE to invite them to the same coffeeshop as ZsuZsu and see if she notices.

Guest Anonymous

We could probably fill a whole thread *just* with Zsu Zsu.

The only Biblical recourse for a horrible marriage, or any marriage for that matter, is death. If your husband is an abusive, mean, hateful, fill-in-the-blank jerk in spite of you doing your best as a wife, God can kill him whenever He wants to. If he is still alive, God must want you to still be married to him. A wife could pray and fast for her husband/marriage, and for the kids to turn out right in spite of marital problems. If nothing else, it will be a great lesson for the kids, who hopefully will grow up and make wiser and more careful choices regarding their future spouse, rather than learning that marriage can be dissolved at a whim.

Living in misery = a great example for children in Zsu Zsu's world. In addition to being mean and awful, this is also unbiblical. The Bible says that divorce is permitted in some situations.

I hate sodomites because God hates them. Romans 1 makes it clear that they became like that AFTER "God gave them up" and "God gave them over" because they rejected him time and again and would not believe on Him. It is a lie that they were born that way. It is a lie that anyone can become one. Once a person is saved, they are incapable of sinking to the level of a filthy animal because God is not rejecting them. God places the death penalty on sodomy, so apparently He thinks it's time for them to go to hell.

Of course, it is no surprise that God lists bestiality just a couple of verses further down. Sodomites are sick predators who don't just stop at relations with someone of the same gender. They are also capable of committing bestiality and pedophilia.

Zsu Zsu seems to hate gay people most of all, and she thinks that God does, too.

You say you are a submissive wife.

You say he is a kind, undemanding husband.

I am suspicious of that.

Have you really got a husband who is so careful all the time not to require something uncomfortable of you? Is that really such a good husband? I am suspicious that you have him on a choke collar. He doesn't dare ask some things of you because he knows how you would respond.

Joanna from Obedient to my Husband says that if your husband is nice to you, it's only because you're a harpy.

Oh man, she'd LOVE the coffeeshop where my sister works. One of her co-workers is a flaming gay, a walking stereotype of the effeminate, fabulous gay guy. They have a great time together and I like him. He pretended to propose to me to bug me (because I never want to be proposed to). Put that in her pipe and smoke it!

Candy said just today that most people living on Earth are spiritually dead (thanks!)

My sister said something to that effect. We were at the mall looking at the crowd and she said 'look at all those dead people'.

all I can think of at the moment is that freaking Eryn Bates, when she went to college and was talking about how she wanted to make sure she chose the right school, cos heaven forbid she be seated next to someone with BLUE HAIR... *shakes head*

No, I distinctly remember she said GREEN HAIR. :greetings-wavegreen:

I don't know if this counts but when Tori Bates stood their and snotted about the door colors in front of Jana.Princess,you live in a rabbit hutch and people are giving you a huge new house and working for free.

Seriously. That bothered me so much, and the look on poor Jill's face! Maybe Gothard should add KINDNESS to his list of "Character Qualities".

Seriously. That bothered me so much, and the look on poor Jill's face! Maybe Gothard should add KINDNESS to his list of "Character Qualities".

Jill did look hurt. Great, I really like the girl because of her huge heart and now the poor girl is hurting* of a mean comment and can't even snark back.

*I know it was at least 2 years ago but still.

I hope Kelly or Gil tore her a new one for that.Michaela Bates might not be the prettiest Bates girl but she seems very kind and tactful which is more important.

OH YEAH Totally forgot about the Tori thing, that cheesed me something fierce back when I saw it!

If it had of been me painting the door and some snot nosed kid that was that age, old enough to know better! Had of said that I would have put down my brush and walked away until I got an apology, and if I were Michaella I would have grabbed her then and there and pulled her aside and told her how incredibly rude she was being.

I know these fundies don't like the swearing and women acting all uppity but what would they say if they knew the nuns from my old hometown? These sweet little old ladies ran the private girls school and they said and did the darndest things. I can remember when their school's drama club and my high school drama club got together for a play. One little nun who must have been 100 if she was a day yelled at all us girls who were supposed to be acting alluring. This is something like what she said;

"Our good Father gave you prissy girls perky boobies and beuatiful butts, you little tarts better using them in this play like our father in heaven wants you to be. Because if you can't sell it to me then I will kick all of your little rears until you can play a proper whore." It was a play about our town in the old west and we were playing dance hall girls. Ah, Sister Berttie, may you dance with the angels and give them hell just like you told us opening night. :lol:

I know fundies don't like Catholics but I always had a soft and warm spot for elderly nuns and preists.

I think fundies consider non-fundies to be mean because their cold, black, evil hearts don't know Jebus. On the other hand, what fundies say can't be mean because it's not coming from a place of "hate", but "love"*.

"Hate" and "love" are subjective here since they think saying horrible hateful things to people is okay if they are trying to get them to live a Godly life by doing so, whereas I think they're just being total dicks.

Zsuzsanna Anderson?! She is Hungarian. I swear not ALL hungarians are crazy fucknuts!

Her mother is German, her father is Hungarian. She grew up and was 'educated' in Germany.

Tori acted unusual for a girl her age. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe she has Asperger's?

I think that fundies believe that if they talk with a sweet tone and a smile that they are showing kindness even when they say vile things. One of the things that I like about this board is that you guys cut through that false sweetness. Some of these women might not be aware of how hateful their comments because no one calls them on it.

The Bates girl who made the comment about green hair was saying something asinine. No matter how sweet her tone or expression, she was being a jerk.

Start about :40

Please remind me how to embed again.

I have never seen that and oh my goodness how rude!

Archived