IGNORED

Pat Robertson on SNL's Tebow skit

kpmom

I know this will come as a shock to no one, but Pat Robertson did not like SNL's Tebow/Jesus skit.

Here is his response;

"If this had been a Muslim country and they had done that, and had Muhammad doing that stuff, you would have found bombs being thrown off, and bodies on the street,†Robertson said, according to Mediaite. "We need more religious faith in our society, we're losing our moral compass in our nation."

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/20 ... bow-sketch

You know, I just don't get the "If this were a Muslim country and you did a skit about Mohammed, there'd be bombs and bodies all over the place." argument. We're not a Muslim country (or Christian, or Hindu, or...). Isn't that the whole point? That we can speak up and out without fear of bombs and bodies?

Exactly. I don't get what Robertson's point is. The nation should be more Xtian and less tolerant so that we too would be threatening greivous bodily harm to heresy? That would be a good thing?

Fuckin' land of free-e-e-e-e-e strikes again.

But this is exactly what defines fundie: They won't rest until the rest of the world falls in line with them. There will be none of this "agreeing to disagree". And certainly there will be no ignoring that which they find offensive.

Honestly it's a wonder these people have any energy at all to function on a day to day basis. Being so offended and nearly everything all the time sounds downright exhausting.

No kidding. This is the show that gave us "Scheddy Balls" and "Dick in a Box!"

And the ground-breaking news that "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is . . . still dead."

Archived