IGNORED

Michelle is boiling rabbits.

ladypuglover

It is hard when you know your baby making days are physically over, I'm a year older than Michelle and have dealt with this myself. It's completely out of your control and there's nothing you can do about it. I'm dealing, but I bet is is harder for Michelle, since that's honestly the only thing she has going for her, her ability to bear a child. As we've said, she can't even say she raises them well, but maybe that will change now. I think she'll deal and move on though, eventually, unless she does have a true underlying mental illness.

As far as adoption, I don't think that they'd have any problem finding healthy, white infants to adopt. Plenty of Gothardite girls who (gasp) become knocked up would be willing to let Michell and JB adopt their little blessing. An agency wouldn't take them, but private adoptions are always an option. Special needs adoptions as well. I don't think they could foster with their dorm-style living arrangements.

I can TOTALLY see a few episodes where a poor, misguided "teen mom" style kid moves in during the last few months of her pregnancy. Jill and Jana will chart the progress and read bible stories to her belly. The girl will be "reprogrammed" the behave and dress in a godly fashion, and when the baby is born the mom will skip away with a nice chunk of change (for her appearance on the show, of course) and the duggars will have a new little blessing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I

We will be seeing quite a bit of jubilee over the next few years.

Too many people have already seen far too much of Jubilee. Too bad she can't rest in peace. :(

I can't imagine any reputable agency approving them.

My thoughts exactly. Going to live with the Duggars at this point would NOT be anything like having a "normal" family life.

I think menopause hits Michelle, she will deal with some kind of depression. I agree with another poster, she clearly likes the attention she gets while she is pregnant. She will hate losing attention in fundie circles and she will hate losing attention with some of her clueless fans. Fundie women love Michelle and there are some non-fundies who think she is very inspirational. To me, there is nothing about Michelle that is inspirational. She and Boob use a buddy system too much with their kids. She is an awful homeschool teacher and she isn't teaching her daughters to be independent. The J'Slaves wouldn't make it on their own in the real world.

My thoughts exactly. Going to live with the Duggars at this point would NOT be anything like having a "normal" family life.

I agree with you and gardenvarietycitizen. The Duggar home in some ways would be better than a orphanage, but I still I don't think Duggars would be ideal for adoption. The overuse of the buddy system and the fact that the kids sleep in dorm style rooms would turn off several domestic or international adoption agencies. Even the Duggars tried to go the private adoption route, I can see them being rejected for several reasons.

The Duggars won't go the adoption route. They believe, thanks to Gothard, that adopted kids are marred by the sins of their biological parents (or something like that). Disgusting? Inane? Absolutely. For me, the fact that the Duggars don't/won't adopt confirms their selfishness as much as anything else.

I think that not being able to have any more children is going to hit her really hard because she's also got a bit of a empty nest issue to deal with (she's gonna have to start marrying off more sooner or later) She gets attention from two sources- 1) being pregnant or caring for a newborn, and 2) "mothering" an insane number of kids (in quotes because we all know the j'slaves are the actual mothers)

Her number 1 source of attention could be closed to her now but number 2 is winding down as well. In three days, she'll have 6 adult children and you get a lot less attention for adult kids than little ones. Taking care of 13 children under 18 is still a big deal but that number is only going to keep going down. In a few years she'll still have 19 kids but only 4 or 5 will be minors.

I agree with all the above posts. From what I've seen, Michelle is never content with letting someone else have any attention at all. First, while Anna was expecting Mackynzie, she has a vowel renewel. Then, she had all of that extra sympathy and attention showered onto her when Josie was born prematurely (not that Josie is to blame). I think she is completely self absorbed and babies are like trophies to her. The more she has, the more she wins.

I did think for about a split second that when Jason had his accident that it was the "keep sweet" cult mentality causing Michelle's grinning. Then, I saw the footage again and my mind rethought that theory. In short, Michelle is not a mother, she is a narcissist (spelling?).

I think that Michele et al suffer from the same syndrome that a lot of reality "personalities" do. They get so used to publicity and attention for doing everyday things, that they A. get hooked on the attention and B. think that every little thing they do will/should be covered by the media.

It happened to the Gosselins. It happened to the Roloffs. It happened to those Jersey Shore idiots. It's happening with the Kardashians.

Need a tooth pulled? Call the producers. Get pregnant? Call the Today Show. Going to nightclub? Put it on Twitter and alert the papparazzi. Lose your $75k diamond earrings? Make sure that the camera crew captured the incident, the temper tantrum, and the dramatic search on the ocean floor.

These people start to think that they are special, and that their "fans" want to know everything they do. Even marginally-known clingers like Famy and Deanna, who post to and about each other with LOTS OF CAPITALIZATIONS!! AND EXCLAMATION!!! POINTS!!, the allure of "fame" is just too appealing. It's why people like Famy create their own "Public Figure" fan pages, and others like Kim Kardashian refer to getting paid to attend parties as her "career".

I think it must be hard for Mduggar as her whole identity and worth has been in popping out babies and being pampered while she is pregnant/recovering/nursing.

There is also a phenomenon I've seen with others and my own family. Because they are not emptynesters and are still rasing their own kids and have minors at home, the parents now grandparents don't know how to be grandparents, they don't assume normal grandparent roles. My aunts and uncles seemed to naturally seamlessly become grandparents - they were also emptynesters for a few years before having grandkids - and we weren't mared uber young, nor did we have kids right away. Our parents were both anxious for us to have kids.... "all our friends are having grandkids" (heck who cares), but are not very grandparent like at all. I don't know how to describe it, they just don't become grandparents they are still very focused on their own families at home I guess... But like holding a baby when he's around.

Oh man, I read the title of this thread and immediately thought, "yay! Living off the land! How confusingly uncharacteristic of Michelle!"

On another note, Michelle's smile has always set off my so-faux-friendly-it's-scary-alarm.

I think that Michele et al suffer from the same syndrome that a lot of reality "personalities" do. They get so used to publicity and attention for doing everyday things, that they A. get hooked on the attention and B. think that every little thing they do will/should be covered by the media.

It happened to the Gosselins. It happened to the Roloffs. It happened to those Jersey Shore idiots. It's happening with the Kardashians.

Need a tooth pulled? Call the producers. Get pregnant? Call the Today Show. Going to nightclub? Put it on Twitter and alert the papparazzi. Lose your $75k diamond earrings? Make sure that the camera crew captured the incident, the temper tantrum, and the dramatic search on the ocean floor.

These people start to think that they are special, and that their "fans" want to know everything they do. Even marginally-known clingers like Famy and Deanna, who post to and about each other with LOTS OF CAPITALIZATIONS!! AND EXCLAMATION!!! POINTS!!, the allure of "fame" is just too appealing. It's why people like Famy create their own "Public Figure" fan pages, and others like Kim Kardashian refer to getting paid to attend parties as her "career".

Good post. I agree with you. The Duggars are addicted to attention. Michelle clearly loves it and she likes the praises she gets from her fans. I have heard others say the Duggars are better than other reality stars. But to me, the Duggars aren't any better than the Gosselins, Jersey Shore kids, Kardashians or other reality stars. They are in the same boat of being loving attention and expected money for it.

Famy and Deanna also love the little attention they get from the show and they tend to think the attention they get is big, but it isn't. I laughed when Famy made a big deal about gettting a 1,000 Twitter followers. Famy thinks being connected to reality show family will help her in Nashville, but it won't help her at all.

Archived