IGNORED

Michelle is boiling rabbits.

ladypuglover

I think something is really off with Michelle and before you all say duh, here is why. I think either she is trying to keep up with Josh and Anna or she is trying to copy everything Josh and Anna do. J&A get married, J&M have to renew/remove their vows whill having the J'slaves wear the same bridemaids dresses. Anna gets pregnant and Michelle hurries up to get pg with Josie so they can be pregnant at the same time. Anna has Michael and again the focus is off Michelle so she gets pregnant. Yes I know she is addicted to having babies and being in the limelight that goes along with it but I think there is a connection to J&A. Is there a reverse Oedipus thing going on or does she have a compition in her mind at least with Anna? What do you all think?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I really agree. (What did you mean by the thread title?) Something is really wrong with Michelle.

I don't understand the newest cookie blog post. All this attention-seeking about the funeral and mourning and stuff and then suddenly a happy, cheery post about baking delicious cookies?

Is there a reverse Oedipus thing going on or does she have a compition in her mind at least with Anna? What do you all think?

I think you are correct.

I think something is really off with Michelle and before you all say duh, here is why. I think either she is trying to keep up with Josh and Anna or she is trying to copy everything Josh and Anna do. J&A get married, J&M have to renew/remove their vows whill having the J'slaves wear the same bridemaids dresses. Anna gets pregnant and Michelle hurries up to get pg with Josie so they can be pregnant at the same time. Anna has Michael and again the focus is off Michelle so she gets pregnant. Yes I know she is addicted to having babies and being in the limelight that goes along with it but I think there is a connection to J&A. Is there a reverse Oedipus thing going on or does she have a compition in her mind at least with Anna? What do you all think?

Several years back, when I was still on the TWoP forums and there were only 16 or 17 Duggarlings, I remember commenting that I thought Michelle was going to have a very hard time of it psychologically when her babymaking days finally came to an end. And in the intervening years, I've seen nothing to rid me of that notion.

I believe she loves the pregnancy/birth/newborn experience, in and of itself. But I also believe she's so hooked on the attention she gets for being pregnant and having a new baby that once she's no longer able to get her "fix" she's going to have a hard time adjusting. She'll find ways to get attention and adulation--speaking to the pro-life crowd about Jubilee is one surefire way--but it won't be the same.

Honestly, I don't think she's thought too deeply on what her life would be like once she could no longer get pregnant--why would someone so determined to "keep sweet" willingly think about something so awful? And I doubt she considered what it would be like if she could get pregnant--but could no longer carry babies to viability, much less term. But there's no way she could completely ignore the fact that her babymaking days are drawing to a close, and that she'll soon be cut off from that experience (and the attention it brings) for the rest of her life.

So jealousy of younger, fertile women with plenty of childbearing years ahead of them, who will get all the attention from now on? It's possible. Anger that the one thing that has made her the famous "Michelle Duggar" is about to end? Maybe. Fear of what she'll do when she can no longer do the thing she's loved most? Most probably.

I woudn't be surprised if she managed to get pregnant again, announced it on TV, miscarried it, named it, and went through the whole spectacle of a funeral once more. She may not be able to have more live babies, but she can certainly become a heroic, suffering mother of lost babies for the pro-life cause--and I would not be shocked to see her doing just that in a few years. From mother of 19 kids to mother of lost "angel babies" who were loved and wanted but went to live with Jesus anyway.

That...makes a whole lot of sense, actually. And will probably go up to 11 when the J'Slaves start having kids. If they're ever allowed to leave home.

I actually think Joshie and Annie are competing to be the next JimBlob and Martyr Michelle. Anna dresses exactly like Michelle and wants as many babies as possible. Joshie considers himself the Patriarch and business man, like Daddy Duggar.

Joshie considers himself the Patriarch and business man, like Daddy Duggar.

Joshie doesn't really own the business or the house he lives in, so it's not much different from when Jackson plays house with Hannie. Except that the babies aren't dolls.

I agree, and I've wondered if this doesn't have something to do with why none of the older Duggar girls are courting yet. It's one thing when your son's wife starts taking your spot light, but it's a whole other ball of wax when it's your own daughter.

I don't know if she is trying to keep up with J&A, but I have often wondered about Michelle as Grandmother. Surely something in her head must've clicked when she realized she was going to be popping out more new baby blessings alongside her oldest child's baby blessings. Though she is young to be a grandmother (at least in my opinion. I"m older than she is and I'm looking at not being a grandma till I'm in my early 60's because my kids are young) perhaps she sees herself as suddenly old so that she needs to keep trying to have more while the having's good. Maybe she feels to young to be relegated to grandmother status, thus she needs new babies of her own to postpone grandparenthood--even though it's already arrived.

Totally agree. It's hard enough on sane women when their daughters or daughter's in law are coming into their own, let alone a fruitcake like Michelle.

She'll have to have diarrhea on TV shown all the sweating, screaming, bleeps when cursing and screaming Thank you Jeeeebus!!!! after passing a large load, pixelated wiping scenes if she wants to beat the birthing on the shitter episode, which totally brought home the bacon. (BTW you are right!)

But there's no way she could completely ignore the fact that her babymaking days are drawing to a close, and that she'll soon be cut off from that experience (and the attention it brings) for the rest of her life.

I wonder if they've considered endless, oh-so-saintly adoption? (I wonder if they've been or would be turned down.)

Joshie doesn't really own the business or the house he lives in, so it's not much different from when Jackson plays house with Hannie. Except that the babies aren't dolls.

I licked my finger and touched the screen at your comment and it sizzled. :dance:

I would love to see Anna's face... when she realizes WHAT she married to.

I wonder if they've considered endless, oh-so-saintly adoption? (I wonder if they've been or would be turned down.)

But why would they? There is no better home for a child than cult where kids don't know how to spell 'barley', but they are totally brainwashed and spiritually abused, they eat shi*t food, the mother is obviously high on stg or mentally sick and the dad comes off as a plain CREEP, a PERV who introduces himself to the friends of his 20 stg girls: I'm their DADDY. (WTF Jimbo? ) and interferes if anyone tries to approach his aging virgin babies. *BARF*

agree and just want to add: what does M have other than being able to birth many many babies?

-she seems like a crappy teacher

-the jslaves/grandma Duggar do all the "homekeeping"

-she is a crappy mother - again the j slaves seem to do most of the child rearing

-she has no education and can offer few insights other than "buy used and save the difference"

-I think that tattertot casserole speaks to her cooking abilities

-her youth and beauty were swallowed up by the endless stream of pregnancies

-has she spent any time at all cultivating activities that might occupy her time once her child bearing days are over?

all she has is being able to give birth - no wonder that not being able to carry a child to term is hitting her hard

I definitely think Michelle is emotionally crushed that she probably won't have any more kids, and I think she would be crushed even if all her kids were still unmarried. However, I definitely think that Anna's fertility makes it even harder for her to cope, along with Kelly Bates catching up to her in their competition. She definitely likes attention and isn't happy when anyone else is getting it. She was clearly jealous of her own son who got attention for a bad accident, and she had to try to steal the spotlight with her beauty pageant smile.

If she weren't so proud and didn't have to say "and I delivered every one of them", she could get a lot of attention for having the most grandchildren. If she had married off all of her kids at 16, the youngest legal age, she could have a dozen grandkids by now. She could even keep them all living in that same house and toss all the cousins into the dorm rooms. And that would be an even more cutesy gimmick for the cameras because she would seem really generous too.

Honestly, I think that Michelle dislikes Anna for stealing her thunder. Just like you said, Michelle has copied Anna from the beginning, and I think that she will continue to do so. I also think that Michelle doesn't care if she miscarries, as long as she gets a positive pregnancy test and can have attention for it, I don't think that she cares.

Michelle dislikes anyone stealing her thunder. Josie was in the NICU and she was running off to stage a protest over a mini-mart liquor license.

If she cant pop em out anymore then her days of recieving "mother of the year" awards are dwindling. For each child that marries (and has their own brood) and every year that passes without another blessing someone else is stepping on her heels. She cant handle being irrelevant. If she cant find a way to keep herself in the spotlight (books, tours, concerts, radio...) she'll completely lose her center.

I think adoptions are coming. I think speaking in public at rallies will be coming this election cycle, especially if the show ends. We will be seeing quite a bit of jubilee over the next few years.

I can see public speaking and paid appearances in their future, but not adoption. As I understand it, Gothard is against adoption and if they get on his bad side a lot of their fundie marketability goes away. Plus, Michelle wouldn't be able to say that she "delivered every one of them." Additionally, the Duggars are exceedingly selfish and most likely can't be bothered to raise a child that isn't biologically "theirs."

Guest Anonymous

Is it possible that J'chelle is just a lazy parent?? True, babies require a great deal of attention and responsibility, BUT on the other hand, they can't argue, talk back, etc. It seems once J'chelle realizes the actual WORK that she'll need to invest in raising up a little one to adulthood, she loses interest and tries to get pregnant again. This could lead to an addiction to having babies...not sure exactly what's going on in this woman's head, tho!!

Added to that, I do wonder if there is a secret mental instability that the family knows about/suspects, but won't acknowledge...publicly or otherwise.

Guest Anonymous
I can see public speaking and paid appearances in their future, but not adoption. As I understand it, Gothard is against adoption and if they get on his bad side a lot of their fundie marketability goes away. Plus, Michelle wouldn't be able to say that she "delivered every one of them." Additionally, the Duggars are exceedingly selfish and most likely can't be bothered to raise a child that isn't biologically "theirs."

THIS! :x

It is hard when you know your baby making days are physically over, I'm a year older than Michelle and have dealt with this myself. It's completely out of your control and there's nothing you can do about it. I'm dealing, but I bet is is harder for Michelle, since that's honestly the only thing she has going for her, her ability to bear a child. As we've said, she can't even say she raises them well, but maybe that will change now. I think she'll deal and move on though, eventually, unless she does have a true underlying mental illness.

As far as adoption, I don't think that they'd have any problem finding healthy, white infants to adopt. Plenty of Gothardite girls who (gasp) become knocked up would be willing to let Michell and JB adopt their little blessing. An agency wouldn't take them, but private adoptions are always an option. Special needs adoptions as well. I don't think they could foster with their dorm-style living arrangements.

Archived