IGNORED

Awkward as hell. - Crazy Dating Email

MerryHappy

This was actually posted on reddit by the actual girl who received it. Very creepy and the backstory is interesting too.

Hey, can you link me? I searched for it but seem to be full of fail tonight.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a link?

Please, please, please have a link. :pray: I feel like getting my mad on tonight.

Not too many more details on Reddit, but some of the comments are hilarious. Here's one:

Mike,

Thank God you e-mailed me. Shortly after our date, I was kidnapped by Chinese spies and imprisoned at a black site in the province of Tzao-bin. My captors are holding me ransom for 1 million dollars. I know that a sensitive man like you that has made his parents millions of dollars in investments can spare a million dollars to pay for my ransom. My eye contact with you and playing with my hair was intentional. I was too shy to tell you that I was in love with you at first sight. All of your suspicions are true! Please rescue me from this horrible place so that we can make beautiful love over and over again and grow old together!

Love, Lauren

lol

Another reddit comment that made me LOL

Dear Mike,

After you DO murder me, which I now believe, after re-reading your letter, is inevitable, please do not eat my face so that my parents may enjoy an open casket.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Ladies, raise your hand if you haven't been called after a first date with a guy you were kinda into. He needs to read "He's just not that into you" and put an "S" in front of all the he's.

I'm already in am FB debate with some asshole who says it's Lauren's fault, but "that email wouldn't have gotten him a second date anyway." What the fuck. I am never trusting any male ever again.

Yikes! Is it mostly guys who are sticking up for him? Looking on the bright side, if that's the case, then all the girls on your friends list will know that those guys are possibly whiny, entitled Nice Guys themselves and will know to stay the hell away from them.

Whoever said The Gift of Fear, so much that. Nearly all the traits described in that book are in the email. Huge sense of entitlement, control, inability to see Lauren as a human being...I read it and went "Oh shit! Restraining order."

Like Kitty I saw loads of men defend him and say what a bitch Lauren was. Why didn't she just write back apologising and explaining why she doesn't want to date him? It triggered the Be Submissive in a lot of women too. Maybe she should give him another chance. He cares a lot about her, or he wouldn't be so engaged, right?

(I can tell you where that line of thinking gets you in the end. Hint: it involves a lot of sobbing relatives and a casket with you in it).

There were signs in that email no woman should ignore ever. At the least it's going to be a really shitty relationship!

There is no way a guy this fucked up, creepy, and potentially abusive didn't come across as fucked up, creepy and potentially abusive on the date. Describing it as "horrific" is likely to be a huge understatement. Lauren is smart to have recognised the signs and run.

It's amazing how our culture demonises women who trust their instincts and put distance between themselves and guys who are unsafe to be around. He couldn't even keep the crazy in check long enough to get a second date, kwim? It'll only get worse from here.

Archived