IGNORED

Who was it who wrote about pants being like a giant arrow...

annalena

to the crotch? It was a fundy blogger, that I know.

Somone knows it and happens to have a link?

I still wonder why it's not true for men, just for women (the whole arrow thing) and want to investigate further. ;)

I read that somewhere also!

If modesty was about actually being modest, it would make sense for men to wear kilts. After all, men have bulges that women don't. LOL

i remember hearing something about that, but the only blogger i can specifically think of talking about that kind of modesty is razing ruth, but i don't think it's her, or at least she's not the original blogger who mentioned it.

I remember that as well. But apparently the pants are only an arrow on a woman. For some unaccountable reason, the arrow fails to point to the big lump in a man's pants and force us to think unwholesome thoughts about the throbbing love missile lurking beneath. (sorry)

Well, pants do draw more attention to a woman's butt.

You want the ultimate arrow though, you need to think of a necktie!

I had a professor in college who only wore bow ties, because he felt neckties looked "phallic".

I had a professor in college who only wore bow ties, because he felt neckties looked "phallic".

yeah? well neckties look kinda like testicles. you should've told him that.

I have been looking for this for a loooong time because I wanted to make the picture my user icon! But no luck :( It was on a blog, and I think it was Catholic, but that's all I know.

I remember that as well. But apparently the pants are only an arrow on a woman. For some unaccountable reason, the arrow fails to point to the big lump in a man's pants and force us to think unwholesome thoughts about the throbbing love missile lurking beneath. (sorry)

Not to mention that fit pants on a man can very "defrauding" if I may so. I think pants can be arrows to both. Then again, skirts can too. Fundies need to face facts-cover up all you want, but it doesn't make you stop being attactive to someone. Eyes, the mouth, hair, facial shape, voice can all be "defrauding" to those of the opposite sex (even the same sex at times ;) ). There's nothing anyone can do to stop sexual thoughts and feelings. There's an inborn drive to mate and there will always be something for another to find attractive.

Was it this one? I posted it ages ago.

23l1rmh.jpg

dedicateddaughter.blogspot.com/2011/05/why-do-you-not-wear-pants.html

(that blog has been removed, for some reason, but the picture was saved on TinyPic)

I remember this being mentioned in the book "a return to modesty"

Woo hoo! saved.

Now who wants to delurk and use it as their icon? Come on, I know there's somebody! DO IT! I just want it to be out there, yo.

As I was thinking about this post today, I just couldn't get the whole arrow thing. I was thinking ummm...with your legs closed as the inseam being the straight part of the arrow and the pelvis being the point, it world would be upside down.

Now that I see the picture all I can think of is...who stands with their legs spread apart like that....then I remembered it was Doug and the Vision folks.

I know one book that mentions it is Dressing with Dignity.

http://www.tanbooks.com/doct/dressing.htm

Surprise, surprise- no references for ANYTHING. Soooo, of course my reaction is to try and find an eye tracking study that confirms/disconfims this. Color me surprised to find that in the two studies I could find (I couldn't find any contrasting pants/skirts, only sexy pics of men/women in similar pose and dress, or of women in bikini/nude) men looked at the face 40% longer than women! Both looked at hip to waist ratio, and men looked at breasts where women looked at legs. Faces and hip to waist are indicators of evolutionary fitness, btw, for both men and women. And, even though this is just a forum post and not an actual book, I can provide sources! They are awfully helpful when they are the sole "scientific" reason for making claims that all women should completely change the way they dress.

http://www.businessinsider.com/eye-trac ... udy-2011-7

http://commfaculty.fullerton.edu/rgass/ ... 202008.pdf

Heh, another interesting article about a study:

http://www.miratech.com/blog/eye-tracki ... pervs.html

Lots of bloggers that have fallen for this have given anecdotal evidence that their eyes are drawn to the crotch when presented with a woman in a dress and then a woman in pants, but it seems rather silly to me, of course one's eye would be drawn to the thing that changed. If you took a woman in regular dress, and then showed a picture right after of her wearing a hat your eye would suddenly be drawn to the head, too.

http://www.catholicity.com/message/2010-07-30.html

This I found, but this wasn't it.

Do this for us, the minority of chaste men who merit the gift of enjoying your beauty in such a way as to be grateful to your creator without temptation. Make it so it is good for men to look upon you, rather than requiring us to look away (which is a tragedy).

Sorry, it isn't my responsibility to keep any man from being tempted. If a woman wearing pants is too tempting to him that is his problem!!

Archived