IGNORED

I Hope He WIns Against Chick-Fil A

debrand

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vt-artist ... 22247.html

I don't see how the company has a complaint. It sounds as if other people have caved to teh fear of legislation. Eat more chicken is Chic-fil A's phrase not simply eat more (fill in the blank)

In a letter, a lawyer for Chick-fil-A said Muller-Moore's effort to expand the use of his "eat more kale" message "is likely to cause confusion of the public and dilutes the distinctiveness of Chick-fil-A's intellectual property and diminishes its value."

Chick-fil-A, which trails only Louisville, Ky.-based KFC in market share in the chicken restaurant chain industry, has a long history of guarding its trademark, and the letter listed 30 examples of attempts by others to co-op the use of the "eat more" phrase that were withdrawn after Chick-fil-A protested. The Oct. 4 letter ordered Muller-Moore to stop using the phrase and turn over his website, eatmorekale.com, to Chick-fil-A.

So he has enlisted the help of Montpelier lawyer Daniel Richardson and the intellectual property clinic at the University of New Hampshire School of Law's Intellectual Property and Transaction Clinic.

"Bo's is a very different statement. It's more of a philosophical statement about local agriculture and community-supported farmers markets," Richardson said. "At the end of the day, I don't think anyone will step forward and say they brought an 'eat more kale' shirt thinking it was a Chick-fil-A product

Oh yeah? Well here in Canada, we have a chocolate bar called "Eat More." Eat that, Chick-Fil A!

Seriously, though, wow. That's dumb. "Eat More Kale" is, I think, a message us North Americans need to hear more of!

That's scary! The sentence "Eat More ( every noun except chicken)" is not owned by those bigots.

ETA: I could maybe see if it was "Eat more chicken cutlets!" or "Eat more chikn" (like the fake chicken product) MAYBE, maybe I could understand that, even if I didn't agree with it. But Kale has no relationship to chicken.

That's scary! The sentence "Eat More ( every noun except chicken)" is not owned by those bigots.

ETA: I could maybe see if it was "Eat more chicken cutlets!" or "Eat more chikn" (like the fake chicken product) MAYBE, maybe I could understand that, even if I didn't agree with it. But Kale has no relationship to chicken.

If I'm not mistaken, Chick-Fil A misspells Eat more as Eat Mor. The business owner spelled the word correctly on his t-shirt. So, there is another point of difference.

If customers confuse Chick-Fil A's chicken with Kale, I don't think that I want to eat there.

edited for stupid mistakes

That reminds me of an article I read about how Susan G. Komen For the Cure brings lawsuits against any organization or event that uses the phrase "for the cure" in its title, even if the group has nothing to do with breast cancer or any type of cancer. They also tried to trademark the pink ribbon.

AND Susan Komen Foundation LOST. So there is hope~ is there a defense fund where we can support this man against the Chik Fil A homophobes?

Is Chik-Fl-A going to go after all those guys with "Eat More Possum" bumperstickers on their trucks, too? Those stickers have been around at least since the late 70s.

I'll have to see if my daughter in Vermont can get an Eat More Kale bumpersticker for my car.

My son went to a birthday party at Chickfila and he got a veggie tales CD with his kid's meal. It is so annoying, and he loves it and wants to listen to it in the car all the freaking time. Never going back there! I hate them forever.

Anyway, I hope he wins too. That's just ridiculous. I hope it only serves to give this guy more publicity than he would otherwise get.

Hmm, I wonder if they would sue if someone wore an "Eat More Cock" T-shirt. Yes, I am being vulgar, but I do have a point; that would be closer to a trademark infringement than "Eat More Kale".

Hmm, I wonder if they would sue if someone wore an "Eat More Cock" T-shirt. Yes, I am being vulgar, but I do have a point; that would be closer to a trademark infringement than "Eat More Kale".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol: :oops:

For the win!

But you'd also have to spell in incorrectly : Eat mor Cok.

I would totally buy one of those, and explain that I just mean male chikins.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol: :oops:

For the win!

But you'd also have to spell in incorrectly : Eat mor Cok.

I would totally buy one of those, and explain that I just mean male chikins.

or you can go for the French version and say Eat mor Coq ;) or Manger plus coq.....

what douche bags

I was watching the Florida-Florida State football game over the weekend, and one Fl. State fan had a Eat Mor Gator (Florida's mascot) sign. Will Chick-Fil-A go after him too?

ETA: Very Christian of you, Chick-Fil-A, very Christian.

Archived