IGNORED

Further proof Miss Raquel has no regard for her own safety

Daenerys

My cousin is a photographer and used to do train track pictures until the police stopped and chewed her out as well. I live in another state than she does but we recently had two teenagers killed on train tracks (they walked across the trestle and the train could not stop).

Just looking at trestles scare me. No way in hell you could get me out on one. But I can see people thinking it would be cool to get a picture on one or just to play around on it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few facts about trains in the US:

They are rare in many areas.

They have loud whistles and equally loud engines.

I think they move more slowly than European and Asian trains, because they are usually transporting cargo and use old, cheap technology.

During Harvest, or the end of Harvest as we are at now, there is a train every hour 24/7 on the track closest to my house...ask me how I know...I have a GIANT dog that equates trains with coyotes and wants to get them! I am pretty close to ADM, Archer Daniels Midland, and the trains run in and out of there non-stop!

Rueinthesky, are you named for the Hunger Games?

I feel really dumb, I was trying to sound it all out as one word. :lol: Now I see it is Rue in the sky.

I had never really read her before somebody posted about the horse but I think this girl might be my new Lina. She is sooooooooo awesome and pure and perfect in every way! Did you read her recent post about teenagers??? Barftacular.

They’d rather spend time playing video and computer games, than doing something useful.

Rather spend money on makeup and food, than contributing to a non-profit organization.

Rather spend hours on YouTube, than reading good, strong, healthy books.

I hate seeing status updates saying ‘I’m bored’ or ‘I don’t know what to do’. That only tells me that teenagers don’t have enough useful things to do in their lives…or at least, things that they don’t know they can do.

How is she seeing enough status updates to have built up a 'hatred' for them unless she's *gasp* spending a lot of time on Facebook herself!??!?!

Sanctimonious hypocrite, but aren't they all.

What does POA mean?

I didn't think a bay horse could be a POA. They are little appys. I should know I have one. I wouldn't call her docile though. She's stubborn as all get-out. She is almost spook-proof though. Nothing bothers her. Nothing pleases her much either. though.

How is she seeing enough status updates to have built up a 'hatred' for them unless she's *gasp* spending a lot of time on Facebook herself!??!?!

Sanctimonious hypocrite, but aren't they all.

I know, I was going to say the same about how she said "Oooo, I'm just SO disappointed when I see an add for a new video game." Really? You're seeing the ad? So that means you're wasting time watching TV? Twit.

I believe you can get pure bay POA's.

My friends' POA is gentle and sweet as can be. She has.never.spooked. And the size is perfect for children. I was kinda hoping that Raquel's horse was a POA, just for her own safety and the horse's well-being.

My friend's cousin was killed by train. Rural or not, I get extremely angry and annoyed at people playing around/on the tracks. The only excuse is if she knows beyond a doubt that those particular tracks are not in use at all anymore.

I had never really read her before somebody posted about the horse but I think this girl might be my new Lina. She is sooooooooo awesome and pure and perfect in every way! Did you read her recent post about teenagers??? Barftacular.

Have you checked out her charity blog? First Night of Freedom or something like that. She makes it allllll about her. Every page is full of pictures of herself holding flowers. Best of all, nothing is going to make this girl flounce. She would wilt without having adoring fans swooning over her latests pictures.

She is the one who also wrote the awesome fictional that had teens having abortions for fun and the good guy was deemed that way because he dressed nice and had good hair. She is trying to get a book published right now.

She is the one who also wrote the awesome fictional that had teens having abortions for fun and the good guy was deemed that way because he dressed nice and had good hair. She is trying to get a book published right now.

But I love having abortions for fun. I'm having one right now! It's not her fault she's telling it like it is.

Fun? I thought we were having them for convenience. It is so hard to manage a modern family without that monthly abortion!

My friend's cousin was killed by train. Rural or not, I get extremely angry and annoyed at people playing around/on the tracks. The only excuse is if she knows beyond a doubt that those particular tracks are not in use at all anymore.

We have a few train tracks around here and every couple of years there are reports of people being killed by trains, usually those walking on the tracks who just didn't hear them coming.

As strange as it sounds, it happens. So I get really pissy about people hanging out on the tracks for fun. I grew up being taught that you treat train tracks like you treat a busy street, no playing on them, no walking down the middle of them, look both ways before you cross, etc. So I agree that unless she knows the tracks are not used any more (and they look fairly well maintained for tracks that aren't in use) she should not be there.

From her "I believe..." page:

~ I believe in courtship and that it is the safe and biblicaly way to enter into a relationship, deeper than marriage.

What the fuck is that I don't even

Don't you guys realize that God speaks through her blog? At least according to her About Me. I'm pretty sure the Lord would never let his mouthpiece on Earth get hit by a train!

Fun? I thought we were having them for convenience. It is so hard to manage a modern family without that monthly abortion!

Well, birth control pills cause abortions, so yes, the modern woman is causing abortions every month. Didn't you know that?

Don't you guys realize that God speaks through her blog? At least according to her About Me. I'm pretty sure the Lord would never let his mouthpiece on Earth get hit by a train!

Well this is awkward, 'cause god told me I'm Her mouthpiece on earth, and I believe different things. I guess it's fictionals at dawn.

Well, birth control pills cause abortions, so yes, the modern woman is causing abortions every month. Didn't you know that?

Before I do anything, I pause to think "Will this cause an abortion?" And if the answer is "no", I don't do it.

The same way uneducated married fundie women are having miscarriages every month. Reminds me of an episode of ER where one of the patients was a regular who came in every month insisting she was bleeding to death. It was Kerry (I think) who told the nurse (I think) "She was in here last month for the same problem, it's called her period".

Guest Anonymous

Hahaha ... groan. I see you were over in the other thread. Sweet merciful Zeus. The throbbing vein in my forehead is begging me not to open that one anymore.

Well this is awkward, 'cause god told me I'm Her mouthpiece on earth, and I believe different things. I guess it's fictionals at dawn.

If you get points for proper grammar, she's doomed before either of you puts quill to parchment.

Grew up with a train track that went across our lane (rural). Trains came a couple times a day and after dealing with them for many years, you learn the schedule. Our parents allowed us to play on the train tracks but we were taught how to tell if one was coming and we also were aware of the train schedule. Trains in the USA (talking rural freight trains) don't go nearly fast enough for someone to accidentally get run over unless you are sleeping on the tracks and you're deaf.

One of my uncles (my family is brilliant I tell you :roll: ) memorized the local train schedule so he wouldn't have to stop his car.

They ran a special one of the mornings he didn't stop and his car met the train.

He lived because he's a lucky SOB and, as my great-grandmother (his mom) put it, "the good Lord looks out for children and imbeciles ".

(that being said, I don't have a problem, in my area, with playing/photos/whatever on tracks. I taped an awful lot of pennies to them when I was a kid : )

From her "I believe..." page:

What the fuck is that I don't even

And:

"I believe that we should have the freedom as 'one nation under God'."

Huh? So we should have her freedom only? I don't even know what she means like this except maybe it's an argument to keep "under God" in the pledge? But is that really important enough to go on her beliefs page?

Archived