IGNORED

Further proof Miss Raquel has no regard for her own safety

Daenerys

I was looking at her blog and came across this post. It looks like the standard fashion look-at-me million photos thing, but scroll down further... she is SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. There is a bend just behind her, and any car speeding down that country lane would not have time to stop before hitting both her and the photographer, and since it looks like a high-speed road, probably killing both of them.

Surprised no one in the comments has spotted this. I don't much like Raquel and even I would rather she wasn't killed by a speeding car.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/ ... day-3.html

UPDATE

In the pictures from the day before, she is SITTING ON A FUCKING TRAIN TRACK. Now I know in America the trains are pretty crap and don't come as often as over here, but seriously you do not sit on a track, ever. It's not even a good idea to cross one unless it's a level crossing, trains can come so fast and I've known so many tragedies over here of people not making it to the other side. I actually just want to smack her now.

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/ ... day-2.html

If this girl doesn't get herself killed by a car, train, horse or enraged Freejingerite I swear it will be a miracle.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The road is definitely a little scary. The train tracks don't bother me as much though. We have quite a few abandoned tracks where I grew up and they're often used in family photo shoots.

No one loves Miss Raquel more than Miss Raquel.

This little gem is on her most recent From a Guy's Viewpoint (god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/11/from-guys-viewpointcaleb-wilson.html). Oh, the wisdom of 16-year-old boys.

What are your thoughts on modesty?

Modesty is an extremely big problem today, and my thoughts on the matter are these: (this will be rather short) God calls everyone to be like Him and to dress properly; we are not supposed to tempt people into sinning. When young women dress immodestly they, in turn, tempt young men into looking lustfully at them and this is simply not acceptable. Sorry, but I must be blunt, this is an actual problem people face.

Guest Anonymous

Grew up with a train track that went across our lane (rural). Trains came a couple times a day and after dealing with them for many years, you learn the schedule. Our parents allowed us to play on the train tracks but we were taught how to tell if one was coming and we also were aware of the train schedule. Trains in the USA (talking rural freight trains) don't go nearly fast enough for someone to accidentally get run over unless you are sleeping on the tracks and you're deaf.

I agree with devilsadvocate6, I grew up and still live in the middle of East Central Illinois (Corn County) and from my house there are train tracks within a 1/2 mile of my house in each direction. We used to walk the tracks when I was a kid, play on tressles and other dumb things, but you can see for MILES in any direction you look and it isn't hard to spot a train coming from a mile away.

Sitting in a road near a curve, that is pretty dumb though!

M.

All the train tracks here are rural, though I can see the concerned if you're used to trains coming down the tracks at lightning speed in bigger cities when they have a passenger train system. Here, all the trains just carry supplies and whatnot, move slower, and you can hear them from a mile away.

Though her sitting in the middle of a road to take pictures is dumb.

It's evident most, if not all, of the guys she interviews believe in Patriarchy. Though I did like this response from a while ago (god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/2011/05/from-guys-viewpointforrest-blackman.html):

Is there anything that you would appreciate girls doing differently in order to help you maintain your purity?

It's not their fault if I'm a pervert. It's my responsibility to learn self control.

Eh, it's not so bad. You could hear a car or train coming and get out of the way. With the road shot she would have to be pretty quick, but she could still move in time.

But she is totally arrogant and full of herself. You can see that in every picture she posts. She just beams with self pride. In her header picture (sitting down with the big dress on) you can see that little smile - she can barely hide her smug pleasure with herself.

Around here it is agaisnt to law to pose for photos on a train track. I know because I had a friend who was going to do the whole get a photo on a train track thing and the police stopped, chewed them out and told them if they ever caught them doing that again they would get a ticket.

I think Raquel is more self-absorbed than most teens. This girl never misses an opportunity to post a picture of herself. And what is with the duck face? I thought that trend was over.

Is that a horse or a POA? I thought it looked more like the latter. My friends have one and they are docile and smaller than a horse, perfect for young riders. I doubt Raquel would be able to tell the difference.

Around here it is agaisnt to law to pose for photos on a train track. I know because I had a friend who was going to do the whole get a photo on a train track thing and the police stopped, chewed them out and told them if they ever caught them doing that again they would get a ticket.

I think Raquel is more self-absorbed than most teens. This girl never misses an opportunity to post a picture of herself. And what is with the duck face? I thought that trend was over.

I don't think it's against the law here, you'd just be stupid to try. Trains go by at 100mph every few minutes.

I can think of a dozen places in my central il town where I could take either picture without a problem. In NW Oregon farm country? I think as long as she has a spotter, she'd be fine.

Without a spotter, the risk goes up, but probably still managable.

Is that a horse or a POA? I thought it looked more like the latter. My friends have one and they are docile and smaller than a horse, perfect for young riders. I doubt Raquel would be able to tell the difference.

What does POA mean?

There's a train track a few hundred feet from my apartment. There are 4 trains per day, same time each day. I've taken photos on the track. I don't know if it's illegal or not. Until I read your post I never even considered it might be against the law. I wonder why? Safety maybe?

There's a train track a few hundred feet from my apartment. There are 4 trains per day, same time each day. I've taken photos on the track. I don't know if it's illegal or not. Until I read your post I never even considered it might be against the law. I wonder why? Safety maybe?

Yeah it is for safety reasons.

Yeah it is for safety reasons.

Unless they send you a letter every time they alter the timetable, how could you know when the train times are going to change?

*ETA: Here people getting killed on train tracks/level crossings is a big enough problem that there is a national tv ad campaign.

A few facts about trains in the US:

They are rare in many areas.

They have loud whistles and equally loud engines.

I think they move more slowly than European and Asian trains, because they are usually transporting cargo and use old, cheap technology.

My cousin is a photographer and used to do train track pictures until the police stopped and chewed her out as well. I live in another state than she does but we recently had two teenagers killed on train tracks (they walked across the trestle and the train could not stop).

Archived