IGNORED

The Bates have updated their blog!

SamuraiKatz

We are extremely excited about the Duggars wonderful news of the new baby God has graciously formed. So many have been helped by the Duggars example of patience, sacrifice, self-less love, and Christian faith (including us!)

We rejoice with the family and pray earnestly for the safe pregnancy and delivery of their 20th child! We are challenged by their contagious optimistic faith!May God likewise give each of us the strength, wisdom, and humility to serve Him whole heartedly in various areas of our lives!

Jessa Duggar expressed it well in a recent Today Show interview when she was asked if it was difficult to live under the pressures placed on them to be “perfect, model childrenâ€â€¦ Her humble response was in essence: “It’s not about us, but about helping others see the love of Christ!â€

May God help each of us have this same desire to direct all praise and attention to Him!

Sounds like a press release. What were they REALLY thinking?

Crap, crap, crap comes to mind! I really hope both Moms come thru fine, but I also hope Kelly has twins and Michelle a non-emergrency hysterectomy!

Guest Anonymous
wouldn't the bates know if it were twins already?? how far along is she?

She's due in February, so they would definitely know if it was twins by now.

She's due in February, so they would definitely know if it was twins by now.

That's what I thought. My sister's pregnant and they told her it was twins when she was, I think, 6 or 7 weeks along.

There's no history of twins for the Bates, sadly!

Kelly could actually be argued to be the more fertile of the two, as she has had (if this one comes through) 19 successful pregnancies and Michelle (if the same applies) will have had 18.

There's no history of twins for the Bates, sadly!

Kelly could actually be argued to be the more fertile of the two, as she has had (if this one comes through) 19 successful pregnancies and Michelle (if the same applies) will have had 18.

don't point that out too clearly to michelle or otherwise we might also see baby 21.. if this pregnancy goes well for her and the baby.

don't point that out too clearly to michelle or otherwise we might also see baby 21.. if this pregnancy goes well for her and the baby.

also if it doesn't, unfortunately. :evil:

We are extremely excited about the Duggars wonderful news of the new baby God has graciously formed.

She has no way of knowing that. God might have been wasted off her face thinking "Whatthehell, I'll slap a baby together and drop it in Michelle's uterus." No one can know the mind of god. /fundie

ETA: Also, I like to imagine god is drunk at all times.

Guest Anonymous
We are extremely excited about the Duggars wonderful news of the new baby God has graciously formed. So many have been helped by the Duggars example of patience, sacrifice, self-less love, and Christian faith (including us!)

We rejoice with the family and pray earnestly for the safe pregnancy and delivery of their 20th child! We are challenged by their contagious optimistic faith!May God likewise give each of us the strength, wisdom, and humility to serve Him whole heartedly in various areas of our lives!

Jessa Duggar expressed it well in a recent Today Show interview when she was asked if it was difficult to live under the pressures placed on them to be “perfect, model childrenâ€â€¦ Her humble response was in essence: “It’s not about us, but about helping others see the love of Christ!â€

May God help each of us have this same desire to direct all praise and attention to Him!

What the Bateses would LIKE to say, but can't is "Die in a fire!"

I sincerely hope Michelle isn't going to have any more twins, and I think they would know by now anyway. But if she were to have twins now, and they had to be born early, even if not as early as Josie, the likelihood of them surviving would be much lower since they'd most likely be smaller than a singleton at the same gestational age. I think Kelly's had fewer c-sections and no (knock on wood) serious complications like Michelle's pre-eclampsia. She seems likely to still have another and end up tying at 20, although it will take a lot of progesterone to keep from miscarrying hypothetical #20, since she's already been needing it for a while now. Michelle's uterus is probably so scarred from all of the c-sections I'd be very worried about uterine rupture if they were going to try for a VBAC - I'm glad she's not crazy enough to do unassisted home births and refuse medical assistance.

Kelly IS the more fertile of the two. In addition to being pregnant with her 19th child, she has had 3 miscarriages. 22 pregnancies for Kelly, 19 for Michelle (these numbers include their miscarriages).

It certainly IS a contest--the whole MOVEMENT is a kid contest. It's all about who is the most "blessed."

If I were Kelly I'd keep twins a secret...bwahahahhahaha Michelle! lol... Sadly, of course, it's Michelle whose had the two sets of twins.

I sincerely hope Michelle isn't going to have any more twins, and I think they would know by now anyway. But if she were to have twins now, and they had to be born early, even if not as early as Josie, the likelihood of them surviving would be much lower since they'd most likely be smaller than a singleton at the same gestational age. I think Kelly's had fewer c-sections and no (knock on wood) serious complications like Michelle's pre-eclampsia. She seems likely to still have another and end up tying at 20, although it will take a lot of progesterone to keep from miscarrying hypothetical #20, since she's already been needing it for a while now. Michelle's uterus is probably so scarred from all of the c-sections I'd be very worried about uterine rupture if they were going to try for a VBAC - I'm glad she's not crazy enough to do unassisted home births and refuse medical assistance.

She had post partum heart congestion for Callie (the next to last). So actually Kelly had more problems than Michelle. yes pre-eclampsia is very dangerous but the cure is take the foetus out, which they were gonna do whether Josie was viable or not.

Guest Anonymous
Kelly IS the more fertile of the two. In addition to being pregnant with her 19th child, she has had 3 miscarriages. 22 pregnancies for Kelly, 19 for Michelle (these numbers include their miscarriages).

Although there's really no way to know how many miscarriages either of them have actually had. I had one miscarriage and my doctor told me I could have had many more that I wasn't aware of. Often a miscarriage happens so early in the pregnancy that the woman doesn't even know she's pregnant and the tests wouldn't even show she was pregnant.

Although there's really no way to know how many miscarriages either of them have actually had. I had one miscarriage and my doctor told me I could have had many more that I wasn't aware of. Often a miscarriage happens so early in the pregnancy that the woman doesn't even know she's pregnant and the tests wouldn't even show she was pregnant.

That's true, as I remember that being mentioned when I took Human Sexuality in college. It also makes me think of that George Carlin quote about anti-abortion people, especially those who wanted the Personhood amendment passed, "anti abortionists believe that any woman who has had more than one period is a serial killer." That quote is even more true given what could have been passed in Mississippi if the extremists had a chance.

Right! If each child is a blessing, then if you only have 8 god apparently loves you less!

I am glad God didn't love me enough to "give" me a fifth child. Four girls was plenty of busy! :D

I think Kelly is pissed, but maybe she is holding an ace back, she does look large...maybe she is carrying twins but doesn't want to tell everyone...

If you watch their show on Primetime Nightline it shows her getting and ultrasound and she says "Twins would've been nice".

Archived