IGNORED

Man secretly fed his wife steroids to keep her at home

easternabeille

I don't know if anyone's heard of this story yet, but here in the UK a man has been found guilty of secretly feeding his wife steroids to force her to give up her job so she would stay home to look after him and the children. Heartbreaking! Thankfully the wife should suffer no long term physical damage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... roids.html

What a vile thing to do to anyone, never mind your own wife!

I was very, very happy to read the part about how they are now estranged. I would have wanted to cry if I had read they were "trying to work it out".

I guess the guy talked about in this thread: http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4533 would have said his wife's working away from home was "emasculating" him.

Good example of why I would not want to be with a man who felt emasculated by my working out of the home!

How the heck was that supposed to keep her at home? He said he wanted to stop her taking walks and stay home and cook??? What a wackaloon! Don't steroids give you energy? I'd think she'd feel energized to take MORE walks. Maybe he thought if he made her get fatter and get pimples and facial hair she'd be too embarrassed to go in public? But then he's stuck at home with a less attractive wife, presumably? Crazy-town.

His kids are 15 and 16,hardly babies who need "looking after". I think she was probably getting ready to dump his ass when the kids turned 18 and he somehow figured this was how he would keep her? Psycho.I am glad she will be ok.

How the heck was that supposed to keep her at home? He said he wanted to stop her taking walks and stay home and cook??? What a wackaloon! Don't steroids give you energy? I'd think she'd feel energized to take MORE walks. Maybe he thought if he made her get fatter and get pimples and facial hair she'd be too embarrassed to go in public? But then he's stuck at home with a less attractive wife, presumably? Crazy-town.

I think you're correct, I remember reading in another article (can't seem to find the link) that he wanted her to be too embarrassed to be seen in public, which would cause her to stay at home, cook and take care of him and the two teenagers. What an egotistical jerk!

How horrible!

I had a good friend in college whose mother suffered permanent damage from being slowly poisoned by her father. She'd been trying to find a way to leave him for years due to the abuse. Between poverty and her mysterious health problems, she wasn't able to leave for a long time.

Her father eventually took a truck driving job that took him away from home and they found some odd 'chemicals'...I don't remember what it was anymore, but I do remember that once she was safe and they were divorced, he admitted it. He thought it was funny, because the doctors could never figure out what was wrong with her. He was never held accountable.

My friend has no contact with her father, and hasn't since she turned 18. I wish I could remember more of the details but it's been a long time.

Is "spots" the UK term for acne? I was a little puzzled when the article said she broke out in spots!!!

Wouldn't steroids bulk up her muscles too? Granted I'm not famous for having the cleanest house in the world, but all the normal housework I do makes for quite a full work out. Wouldn't he think that she might kick him to the curb and not a figure of speech kind of way?

See I don't know anything about steroids as I was only given the shots shortly before some of my sons were born to rapid devolpe their lungs before premature birth. Not quite the same thing and the shots feel like liquid lead is being shot into your veins.

Is "spots" the UK term for acne? I was a little puzzled when the article said she broke out in spots!!!

I believe spots is another word for acne.

Wouldn't steroids bulk up her muscles too? Granted I'm not famous for having the cleanest house in the world, but all the normal housework I do makes for quite a full work out. Wouldn't he think that she might kick him to the curb and not a figure of speech kind of way?

See I don't know anything about steroids as I was only given the shots shortly before some of my sons were born to rapid devolpe their lungs before premature birth. Not quite the same thing and the shots feel like liquid lead is being shot into your veins.

Don't know if this answers your question about the steroids but he used anabolic steroids, specifically Anapolon and Dianabol. Another disturbing fact about this case is that he used to be (or still is?) a production manager at a food factory.

Here's another link to the story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ldren.html

What a creepy-looking guy. Was he afraid his wife would go for a walk and never come back? I know if I had to marry this motherfucker I'd take a hike too...

As someone who has a health problem which causes me to make too much steroids I'm just shuddering from this one.

It's not the acne, or the facial hair, or the weight gain, it's that you feel so loopy all the time. When I'm not on my meds I can't think straight. I can't plan more than five minutes ahead, and even then I have to write it down and keep the paper right there in front of me to remember to even follow the list. How he thought that would get her to cook for him I don't know, she probably spent all her time zoning out in front of the TV unable to even follow the plot.

You know, I'll answer question but right this moment I'm going to go tell my husband about this one so we can both shake together.

Archived