IGNORED

Mercola Vaccine Film Free this Week

Brainsample

My dad had TB (tuberculosis) as a child and spent years in hospital. And I'm 29, not 99. Without vaccine and other forms of prevention these things recur with frightening speed. To think they don't or won't is magical thinking.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile I have 2 grandkids not immunized. :angry-banghead: My DH, a M.D., and I both made our opinions known, then shut up. They aren't our kids.

My mom has the opposite problem ... she's anti-vax, and now has to deal with her first grandchild (my Monkey) being fully vaccinated. :lol:

I also didn't have him baptized Catholic ... that was its own awkward situation.

My mom has the opposite problem ... she's anti-vax, and now has to deal with her first grandchild (my Monkey) being fully vaccinated. :lol:

I also didn't have him baptized Catholic ... that was its own awkward situation.

My 2 unimmunized grandkids are baptized, their parents are active in the Church. My immunized older grandson is baptized Baptist because of his mother, my son the Dad is an atheist. My 2 grand daughters are immunized and baptized Catholic but go to Lutheran Bible school and daycare.

Did you mother, or does she, give you a hard time about not baptizing Monkey? I have no problem with my kids deciding religion for themselves, can't say the same about immunizations.

My dad had TB (tuberculosis) as a child and spent years in hospital. And I'm 29, not 99. Without vaccine and other forms of prevention these things recur with frightening speed. To think they don't or won't is magical thinking.

TB is one disease that we see less of because of better living conditions. It's associated with crowded living conditions. There is a vaccine for TB called BCG. Nursing students used to be required to get it and it's still given in some 3rd world countries. It's not used in the U.S. because it's largely ineffective. My sons both had it as infants in Colombia. My younger son, who had moderately persistent asthma, developed TB after we visited his birth family when he was in high school. None of his family had it but there was a person in the apt above us who coughed constantly, the two apts shared air space via a room with an open air space. I think that was probably the source. A year of treatment and he's been fine ever since.

We are seeing a lot of drug resistant TB in our immigrant community, that is scary. Treatment for TB is very long, usually a year and it involves several drugs. It's so important to be treated that the drugs are provided free through the government.

TB is one disease that we see less of because of better living conditions. It's associated with crowded living conditions. There is a vaccine for TB called BCG. Nursing students used to be required to get it and it's still given in some 3rd world countries. It's not used in the U.S. because it's largely ineffective. My sons both had it as infants in Colombia. My younger son, who had moderately persistent asthma, developed TB after we visited his birth family when he was in high school. None of his family had it but there was a person in the apt above us who coughed constantly, the two apts shared air space via a room with an open air space. I think that was probably the source. A year of treatment and he's been fine ever since.

We are seeing a lot of drug resistant TB in our immigrant community, that is scary. Treatment for TB is very long, usually a year and it involves several drugs. It's so important to be treated that the drugs are provided free through the government.

I am so happy your weans are better! :)

The BCG vaccine is nowadays compulsory here. You get it at school. I have had however "is there a family history of TB?" and in my case cause there is I get extra chest xrays and the like :( Even thoughl I got the BCG and have the scar to prove it

I am so happy your weans are better! :)

The BCG vaccine is nowadays compulsory here. You get it at school. I have had however "is there a family history of TB?" and in my case cause there is I get extra chest xrays and the like :( Even thoughl I got the BCG and have the scar to prove it

I always test positive for TB, which is really annoying because I always have to get the chest xrays too! I guess I was exposed at some point,

There is nothing in life 100% safe and risk free, never will be.

Thanks, Nurse Nell. I would also point out that there is a clear and very real risk from any of the vaccine preventable illnesses that far, far outweighs any real or imagined risk from the vaccine. maybe we should change Sinister Rouge's comment to say "Until vaccine preventable illnesses are made absolutely safe and risk-free, that's always going to be the way of it".

I always test positive for TB, which is really annoying because I always have to get the chest xrays too! I guess I was exposed at some point,

Once you test positive you are not supposed to be tested again.

I am wondering now if dh was tested at some point prior to his first test in the US, and forgot or something. His reaction to the test was insane, we were worried for a day or two that he was going to have permanent damage to his arm. :(

After that, it's chest x-rays and prophylactic courses of drugs for him, if a workplace needs to know his TB status. I think once you have it, you have it, but it can remain completely inactive and non-contagious. Where he's from drug-resistant TB is an ever increasing problem. It's not just people not grasping the need to take the drugs faithfully, but the simple practical difficulty involved in getting prescriptions refilled, often. :(

Really? I've had to get it done for basically every volunteer job I've ever done. There was never an option to opt out, even though I told them I'd test positive.

Really? I've had to get it done for basically every volunteer job I've ever done. There was never an option to opt out, even though I told them I'd test positive.

Get a written statement from your health care provider stating you can no longer have the test because you are positive. Include the date of your last chest x-ray.

I am wondering now if dh was tested at some point prior to his first test in the US, and forgot or something. His reaction to the test was insane, we were worried for a day or two that he was going to have permanent damage to his arm. :(

After that, it's chest x-rays and prophylactic courses of drugs for him, if a workplace needs to know his TB status. I think once you have it, you have it, but it can remain completely inactive and non-contagious. Where he's from drug-resistant TB is an ever increasing problem. It's not just people not grasping the need to take the drugs faithfully, but the simple practical difficulty involved in getting prescriptions refilled, often. :(

A positive test just means you were exposed to TB at some point in the past. Your immune system worked, recognized the invader, and killed it. My Dh lived with his grandfather as a child, he had a positive test. The Marine Corps boot camp didn't care when he said his was positive and he shouldn't have another one. They gave it anyway. His reaction was major, he ended up in the infirmary.

They treat with prophylactic medication, usually INH, if you were negative and then have a positive test.

The test is now a blood test, at least in my clinic. Soon it should be available everywhere.

Archived