IGNORED

Mercola Vaccine Film Free this Week

Brainsample

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't watch it- I know too many people who read his stuff like gospel, and it just makes by blood pressure go higher, and higher, until I am shouting at the laptop. Gah.

I can't watch it- I know too many people who read his stuff like gospel, and it just makes by blood pressure go higher, and higher, until I am shouting at the laptop. Gah.

Same here, Amy P.

Me three.

What really gets me is the asshats who claim that it causes autism and ADHD. And then say their children will NEVER GET VACCINATED.

So, essentially, they'd rather have their kid possibly DIE of a completely preventable disease than have a learning disability or be non neurotypical. It hurts so friggin hard to hear that because I have ADHD, and I know a LOT of people with autism/asbergers.

Edited because I can't spell.

I couldn't bring myself to watch it either. (Two people sent it to me.)

And I think that Mercola is a money making whore which is the only enticing thing about watching that video for free -- if he gives something away, you ought to take advantage of it. His info can be pretty good some of the time if it's not propaganda to sell a product, or just plain panic and propaganda.

So, essentially, they'd rather have their kid possibly DIE of a completely preventable disease than have a learning disability or be non neurotypical. It hurts so friggin hard to hear that because I have ADHD, and I know a LOT of people with autism/asbergers.

I always ask people this question. How is autism worse than being in an iron lung for the rest of your life, or dead, from one of these horrible diseases? The answer? Usually cricket chirping. That, or "The government exaggerates the effects of blah blah disease so it's really not that bad so if you just give them lots of kombucha and colloidal silver..." Right. Not that bad. That's why when my husbvand's grandma talks about these awful childhood diseases like diphtheria, the look on her face is of complete terror.

What I don't get is that he claims that vaccines don't work. How do they explain the eradication of smallpox? The eradicatio, in the countries in which the vaccine is used regularly, of polio? I can understand questions about the safety of vaccines, but they definitely work.

BTW, Mercola was once my doctor. I was having a series of sinus infections. This was many years ago before he got big on the internet. He prescribed (along with antibiotics) a special diet based on the blood type diet. When I didn't stick with the diet, he suggested I find another doctor, which I understood. It was all perfectly amicable. The series of sinus infections finally stopped on their own.

They explain it with "better hygiene". Apparently clean water and handwashing is responsible for the end of smallpox.

However, that doesn't explain how Ethiopia, for instance, has nearly eradicated polio in about 5 years. Availability of clean water and the ability to wash multiple times daily with soap and hot water just isn't there for the majority of people. Country-wide vaccination campaigns have been going on during that time. I wonder which could possibly be the cause in the reduction? lol

Vaccines *do* work, and those diseases *were* horrible. That is why women my grandmother's age are so pro-vaccine. Believe me, my grandmother was not the type to blindly follow, but she lost siblings to childhood diseases and eagerly dragged her children in for shots.

What kind of doctor is Mercola? Is he really a medical doctor, or does he have a doctorate in medieval lit or something?

I always ask people this question. How is autism worse than being in an iron lung for the rest of your life, or dead, from one of these horrible diseases? The answer? Usually cricket chirping. That, or "The government exaggerates the effects of blah blah disease so it's really not that bad so if you just give them lots of kombucha and colloidal silver..." Right. Not that bad. That's why when my husbvand's grandma talks about these awful childhood diseases like diphtheria, the look on her face is of complete terror.

I don't think most people believe Autism is worse than serious crippling illness or death. I think most people who think there's a connection simply delay vaccination rather than avoiding vaccination completely. It's a calculated risk. People go ape shit over delaying vaccines (we delay) but really your kid has a much better chance of dying in a car crash on the way to school, drowning in your backyard pool or choking on an apple and nobody bats an eye about those things.

And just how did better hygiene erradicate polio? In the 50s our parents were scared to let us go swimming because of polio. I know lots of people my age with various health problems due to polio as a child. And they are the survivors!

How soon we forget. A generation of healthy babies and we totally disregard the figures of a previous generation.

(Please don't confuse this with delaying or spreading out vaccinations. If you are wise and have a good doctor this can be a wise choice. But total anti-vac? Bullshit!)

Our kids have a better chance *because* of widespread vaccination.

We have delayed certain vaccines in my house. I think the reason that it freaks people out is that they don't realize the goal of a delaying parent is to get their kids fully immunized, just with certain considerations.

They explain it with "better hygiene". Apparently clean water and handwashing is responsible for the end of smallpox.

Ah yes, the vastly improved sanitary conditions between 1990 and 1993 are responsible for the near eradication of Hib meningitis in infants. It had nothing at all to do with the introduction of the Hib vaccine. How foolish of me not to notice.

I cannot stand this stuff. People who choose to believe there is a link between autism and vaccination in the face of the mountain of data showing otherwise are not just idiots. They're putting my children at risk.

Our kids have a better chance *because* of widespread vaccination.

We have delayed certain vaccines in my house. I think the reason that it freaks people out is that they don't realize the goal of a delaying parent is to get their kids fully immunized, just with certain considerations.

Yes. And I see you live in WA too....it scares me here because I recently heard we have the lowest vax rate in the nation. Although we are delaying, we fully intend to have our kids fully vaxed before they go to school. It's scary that so many people here aren't vaxing and that we are already seeing some of these diseases making a comeback. I completely understand and support delaying. I do not understand or support completely avoiding vaccination.

IMO, there is no right answer to the vaccine debate - you're all right, and you're all wrong, in different ways and to varying degrees. Until vaccines are made absolutely safe and risk-free, that's always going to be the way of it.

Mercola, though, is a total hack. Anyone with even a modicum of intelligence can see through his faulty logic and sales plugs. Dude is either delusional, or just lower than a snake oil salesman.

Vaccines *do* work, and those diseases *were* horrible. That is why women my grandmother's age are so pro-vaccine. Believe me, my grandmother was not the type to blindly follow, but she lost siblings to childhood diseases and eagerly dragged her children in for shots.

What kind of doctor is Mercola? Is he really a medical doctor, or does he have a doctorate in medieval lit or something?

He's a DO, and an IL licensed physician and surgeon: http://www.mercola.com/forms/background.htm

Which I think makes his quackery even more egregious. Someone recently commented on my use of the H1N1 vaccine during pregnancy, "I don't know where you did your research, but you should really check out Dr. Joe Mercola and mercola.com." :roll:

My sister, before she had children (at least any that she actually raised) preached to me endlessly about the harm I had almost certainly done by having my children fully vaccinated. She now has two children on the spectrum, and the third is too young to tell (I really hope she isn't, obviously). They have received no vaccinations whatsoever.

Yeah.

I realize that non-vaxers probably view Dr. Paul Offit as the devil incarnate, but he backs up every single he writes with independently verifiable facts. I recently read his book, Deadly Choices: How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Threatens Us All, and I now I realize there was no reason to delay vaccines, and in doing so I just exposed my children for a longer period of time to the correlating disease. No harm, no foul, but I would do it differently if I had it to do over - I would vaccinate on schedule for everything.

He's a DO, and an IL licensed physician and surgeon: http://www.mercola.com/forms/background.htm

Which I think makes his quackery even more egregious. Someone recently commented on my use of the H1N1 vaccine during pregnancy, "I don't know where you did your research, but you should really check out Dr. Joe Mercola and mercola.com." :roll:

He is a total quack, and nearly everything he promotes is for the end purpose of selling something to make himself some money.

Anyone familiar with his promotion of made-in-China enameled cast iron cookware (translate: very poor quality knock-off of LeCreuset) that everyone MUST have in their kitchen, discarding anything else they might be cooking in?

In actual use, the cookware chipped and peeled off the enamel almost immediately with minimal normal use.

There's always something else like this with Mercola.

It's really scary all the people (not only fundies) who believe his tales.

As far as not vaxing b/c of fear of "catching" autism: Autism or the other related conditions are usually not dx'd until 2 at the earliest, right after the vaccines are given. As the neurologist told me, try shaking the family tree and see what falls out. Most of the time there will be a history of parents and relatives that were "a little off."

I know too many people who choose to go no-vax. (not delayed vax as a previous poster suggested.). Even as an adult, I'm up to date on everything, and glad that I am since I live in a county with the lowest vaccination rare in the state. Diptheria epidemics are common. I don't get it.

Just wanted to add, I do not think that people with a family history or other PROVEN medical reason to not vax are crazy. It's the ones who prefer to put their childs lives at risk because, OMG, they might get autism.

And just how did better hygiene erradicate polio? In the 50s our parents were scared to let us go swimming because of polio. I know lots of people my age with various health problems due to polio as a child. And they are the survivors!

How soon we forget. A generation of healthy babies and we totally disregard the figures of a previous generation.

(Please don't confuse this with delaying or spreading out vaccinations. If you are wise and have a good doctor this can be a wise choice. But total anti-vac? Bullshit!)

According to the ones who laid into me last week: "most cases of polio are asymptomatic" which even though wikipedia confirms as 90%, would you REALLY want your kid to be that 10%? I sure as shit wouldn't. Oh and apparently adults NEVER get the DaTP vaccine, like EVER. Which is bullshit. Its the fucking tetanus shot, and I make damn sure to get mine every 7 years because I have a habit of going around barefoot 9 months out of the year.

My kid has kinda been selectively/delayed vaccinated. No chickenpox (My immune system has been SHOT since having him and I'm terrified of catching shingles- every kid I know who go the pox vaccine, ALSO broke with the chicken pox shortly after) and no Hep B until he was a bit older (and ready to go to a mom and tots class. I was worried about another kid somehow biting him. Stupid? perhaps).

I was a little concerned about the chicken pox vaccine also. But my kids all got it without any issues. The first few years it was being used, I had several outbreaks in my preschool classroom despite most of the kids being vaxed and I kinda wondered what was the point. Herd immunity seems to be taking over now. The only kids I know who have had it are unvaccinated.

Archived