IGNORED

So, what about the rapture?

annalena

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm OK with it. The 22nd is when I'm supposed to be writing the checks for school taxes. Please, rapture me, and spare me the pain, lol

Well... I do have to do my homework early this week because school servers are off line from 21-24. Maybe they are making sure we get our work done before the rapture. I mean some of us won't be here after, and the rest will be too busy fighting demons and what not...

Dancing till the world ends?

You might want to check with Harold before you do that. Dancing might be sinful and you don't want to mess up on the last day.

You might want to check with Harold before you do that. Dancing might be sinful and you don't want to mess up on the last day.

:lol:

What about all the messing up I did before?

You know, getting an education, working outside the house, living together before the marriage and all.

I had a dream once about the rapture, it was very similar to the Pied Piper story, God was saving young children, most teenagers and a few young adults (of 21 years of age) while the adults (such as Fred Phelps, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, Pat Robertson and Becky Fischer) were tormented by wasps, hornets and bees. The children were lead away by colorful clothed angel playing some form a instrument and lead them into a high cloudy mountain where winged animals were flying about.

I think Mr. Camping ran out of money the first time around, what with all the billboards and signs. So he can't advertise the real thing.

Since Harold is local it was on the local news ticker this AM that he has already backed off his October date. I'll see if I can find more details...

ETA:

"I do believe we're getting very near the very end," Camping, 90, said during a podcast recorded earlier this month and posted on his Family Radio website. "Oct. 21, that's coming very shortly, that looks like it will be, at this point, it will be the final end of everything."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1bLKeBoho

Well, I turn 30 on Oct. 22, so if poor sad Harold gets it right this time, then at least I will be eternally "in my 20's." haha (If you couldn't tell, I'm having a few issues leaving this decade behind and entering the adult world of 30 somethings.)

I don't doubt that Harold is getting "near the end" at 90, and perhaps it will be the "end of everything" (earthly) for him, buuuut....

Guest Anonymous

I'll be having a bottle of malbec I've been saving and testing a new cheese cake recipe. I think Harold will be still drooling in the same spit cup he's been using since his last stroke.

You might actually find that the apocalypse happens today. I'm going into my daughter's school shortly to kick up a stink as she is being bullied.

Mama bear is not pleased.

No, I can't be raptured until I see the Hunger Games movie in March. Sorry.

It'll have to wait until all 4 of them have been released. :dance:

You might actually find that the apocalypse happens today. I'm going into my daughter's school shortly to kick up a stink as she is being bullied.

Mama bear is not pleased.

Give 'em hell, Sola!

Surprise,surprise we are still here! Good, I was watching how to make icing roses and marshmallow fondant videos last night so I think that is going to be out big project for today.

Darn. I guess I better pay my bills after all.

Aside: I know a lot of "fundies". I don't know a single person who follows or believes Harold Camping. Does he really even have any followers, or is this just a media fill-in-space story featuring someone with dementia? Of course most fundies I know who do believe in a future rapture believe that the date cannot be predicted (based on the Bible).

Darn. I guess I better pay my bills after all.

Aside: I know a lot of "fundies". I don't know a single person who follows or believes Harold Camping. Does he really even have any followers, or is this just a media fill-in-space story featuring someone with dementia? Of course most fundies I know who do believe in a future rapture believe that the date cannot be predicted (based on the Bible).

In my area, we saw more than a few lawn signs pertaining to Camping's May rapture prediction that all came down afterward and have not reappeared for the October date. One of them featured Woodstock and Snoopy waiting to be raptured on a doghouse, with a bible verse and URL painted on the side.

I wonder if these people genuinely believed Camping's prediction, or if they were taking advantage of the flurry of media attention. Like, "I don't actually think the rapture is happening soon, but a lot of unbelievers are thinking about their eternal fate right now thanks to this dude, so it might be a good time to proselytize?"

Archived