IGNORED

Faux 5: A Billion Dollars Poorer And Tuckerless

GreyhoundFan

Oh, good, glad Smartmatic can continue bedeviling Faux.  Snippet from CNN.  Trial to take place next year, apparently.  

CNN — 

The voting technology company Smartmatic can move forward with its defamation lawsuit against Fox Corporation, a New York judge ruled Wednesday, dealing a blow to the parent company of Fox News, which is already fighting the massive lawsuit over its repeated airing of 2020 election lies.

The decision from Manhattan Supreme Court Judge David Cohen represents a significant setback to Fox’s corporate leadership, including the powerful Murdoch family, who will now face more scrutiny in the litigation. Cohen already let the case proceed against Fox News — and on Wednesday, he rejected a request by Fox Corporation to throw out the claims against the parent company.

The lawsuit was filed in the wake of the 2020 election, when Fox repeatedly gave airtime to far-right figures who promoted outrageous and debunked claims that Smartmatic rigged the presidential election by flipping millions of votes from Donald Trump to Joe Biden. They did this even though on-air anchors, top producers and executives privately admitted that the election wasn’t stolen.

The judge said Smartmatic’s case was strong enough to proceed against the parent company because it has “sufficiently alleged that (Fox) Corp. employees acted with malice by purposely and deliberating publishing knowingly false stories about (Smartmatic) in order to benefit (Fox) Corp.’s financial interest.”

Smartmatic has “sufficiently alleged in their amended complaint that (Fox) Corp. employees played an affirmative role in the publication of the defamation at issue,” Cohen concluded.

• Upvote 5

Jesse is a nasty asshole. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

• Upvote 5

Oh, for fuck's sake...

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 1

Oh, how this must hurt them. Just look at those miserable faces, all because Biden's economy is through the roof and there's no denying it.

• Upvote 5

Sean, you described today’s GQP perfectly, it’s not a lie  

• Upvote 7

image.thumb.png.1a3911eef6f5102e3e0b88d39a109e6e.png

• Haha 10

Boy, Harris looks unhappy.

• Upvote 4

Jesse is not just nasty, he's also an idiot.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

TFG should be higher. 
image.png.40ea0fa3056d20bbdd69fed0275650e4.png

• Upvote 6

Jesse is a nasty little SOB.

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 2

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Jesse is a nasty little SOB.

Ugh.  What a condescending asshole.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

image.png.2a4623e97f06812afd97816da0898282.png

• Upvote 3

I hope Hannity and Faux get sued. 

• Upvote 3

You couldn’t make this up:

• WTF 7

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

You couldn’t make this up:

No sir, the only people dumb enough to vote for Trump because of the Trump branded merchandise are Trump supporters.

• Upvote 7

Wow:

• Thank You 8

I’m sure TFG’s minions will insist Baier be fired fo question the orange lord and master. 

• Upvote 7

Typical hypocrisy from Faux. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 6

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Typical hypocrisy from Faux. 

Of course. That's because the Republicans want to own and complain about the border and use it to get their constituents riled up for elections. I'm not entirely convinced they'll do something about it because they may have learned from riling people up about the abortion issue.

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Gowdy surprised me:

• Upvote 5

I’ll take “Things that never happened” for $500, Alex. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 1

They "looked like illegals"??  Somebody needs to get her to define what she thinks "illegals" look like.  I know someone with a lot of tattoos and he's lived in the same place all his life.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Dear a******,

You can't just look at a person of Hispanic origin and know instantly whether they are an illegal or not. Some parts of this country did originally belong to Mexico and people chose to stay on their land when it transferred to the United States. Some people that you would classify as illegals because they may have tattoos and may be of Hispanic ancestry have been in the United States longer than you and your family.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Jesse is such an idiot:

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2