IGNORED

Nathan and Esther Bates 7: Being Typical Bates Offspring

Coconut Flan

41 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

I attempted to use a car seat on an airplane with my then 26 lbs 2 year old but it got confiscated. The manual, website and seat all declared it compliant with air travel but the attendant said it wasn’t on their specific list and took it. We hit turbulence and my kid slid under her seatbelt and hit her head on the seat ahead. I held her the rest of the flight. The same attendant who took the car seat told me that the rules have nothing to do with height or weight and it was safe for the bigger child in front of us to be held because she was only 23 months. I let them scream at me and held my kid. It was safer than having her fall again and she was so frightened by falling that she wet her pants. No one noticed or helped (other than other passengers who were horrified by seeing the fall and hearing the thunk of her head and back). 

My husband works in Aviation and unfortunately things like this happen. It really shouldn't, but not all flight attendants are well trained. I had an issue years ago and even showing the manual from the airline didn't help in the moment. I do hope you made a complaint to the airline.  In the moment your hands are tied and you can't disobey flight attendant instructions, but you can hope that the airline would listen. Until the DOT and FAA make some pretty significant changes it will continue to happen from time to time. 

• Upvote 2

Nathan&Esther are in the Philippines with Isaiah. (I posted a photo in the Bates family thread). So that's why Esther had to take some vaccinations last week. 

• Upvote 1

Ah, here we see a MediCorps volunteer, appropriated attired in medical/rescue gear, working hard out in the field. 🙄

image.png.49b7c3d6ff5ab828ef00bee915d8db94.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 11
  • Haha 7

I’m assuming Esther’s expenses are not being paid by Medic Corp, not even the homeschooled Bates/Duggars can be stupid enough to use a 501(c)3 charity’s money to pay for a spouse, especially a spouse who then splashes all of her vacation photos all over SM. I mean if they are paying for her then she’s begging for the IRS to investigate them for self dealing w/ her SM posts.

They have a CPA listed on their web page, surely that person explained the tax penalties (up to 200%) for self dealing.

But, I suppose they could be like the MAGA christofascists & their fuhrer Trump who’s MO is to blatantly break the law & then scream persecution when they face consequences for doing so.

• Upvote 2

I’m curious as to how Tiffany’s expenses were handled when she went to Turkey with Lawson. They weren’t doing any medical rescue work. They were just handling out food and supplies, Tiffany included. Would her transportation, lodging and food then be covered? 

There’s a chance that Esther and Abbie are paying their way on this trip (transportation, food), but it’s obviously very much a partial pleasure trip for Nathan and JD and I bet MedicCorps will cover them 100%.

• Upvote 3

Esther posted that they’re getting ready to return home from the Philippines. I don’t know the exact dates, but it seems they were gone about a week.

21 hours ago, sndral said:

I’m assuming Esther’s expenses are not being paid by Medic Corp, not even the homeschooled Bates/Duggars can be stupid enough to use a 501(c)3 charity’s money to pay for a spouse, especially a spouse who then splashes all of her vacation photos all over SM. I mean if they are paying for her then she’s begging for the IRS to investigate them for self dealing w/ her SM posts.

They have a CPA listed on their web page, surely that person explained the tax penalties (up to 200%) for self dealing.

But, I suppose they could be like the MAGA christofascists & their fuhrer Trump who’s MO is to blatantly break the law & then scream persecution when they face consequences for doing so.

Oh, they’re definitely stupid enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Oh, they’re definitely stupid enough.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest. I thought the caption on her post was especially intentional, mentioning how this trip was mostly about meetings. 

• Upvote 1

This is my first introduction to Esther. I’m surprised by how normal/non fundie she dresses.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

I just watched Nathan and Esther's wedding. WUT. No words. Except her dress was pretty but it was so obvious she couldn't move in it, could barely lift her arms, because it was so tight. I felt claustrophobic .

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

I just watched Nathan and Esther's wedding. WUT. No words. Except her dress was pretty but it was so obvious she couldn't move in it, could barely lift her arms, because it was so tight. I felt claustrophobic .

I think it had potential. The plastic tiara cheapened it. At least it wasn't as poofy with ten tons of tulle and ruffles. 

Their wedding was barely a blip on the radar of the "lost" season 11. I remember at the time it was clear her family did not want to be involved with the television show. Production staged things for the Bates to do, including decorating the site for the wedding only for her family to come in and clean it up for their own decorations. They reportedly filmed a fake bachelorette party with the Bates girls and Esther apparently showed up for about 10 minutes. 

• Upvote 6

Esther seems more than content to maintain distance from her inlaws. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I think it had potential. The plastic tiara cheapened it. At least it wasn't as poofy with ten tons of tulle and ruffles. 

Their wedding was barely a blip on the radar of the "lost" season 11. I remember at the time it was clear her family did not want to be involved with the television show. Production staged things for the Bates to do, including decorating the site for the wedding only for her family to come in and clean it up for their own decorations. They reportedly filmed a fake bachelorette party with the Bates girls and Esther apparently showed up for about 10 minutes. 

This all makes perfect sense lol. Anyone think that tiara came from a claw machine?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They live in a bigger camper and have a shed. 

323C8B5C-B3B8-4CB2-BD8E-E5CE910CCA15.jpeg

So they just roam around (camper is hooked up to a truck)? I guess living in a circus atmosphere stuck? Do they just go from friend’s property to another friend’s property because otherwise, renting space gets expensive. Maybe they use WM parking lots? How about the shed, is it portable too?

I guess it’s like a tiny house- some of those rigs are pricey.

• Upvote 8

How do they keep that place warm enough? I’m sure they have a furnace but is it well enough insulated to stand up to very cold temperatures? 
I’m also curious about practicalities; they have a baby ergo tons of laundry. How? And how is it convenient to have to constantly empty the tank from toilet flushing, showers, bathing the baby etc. How do they fit a bassinet, swing, baby gym mat etc in there? Inquiring minds want to know. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Are they possibly like at least one Duggar couple who park at Ma and Pa's house?  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Are they possibly like at least one Duggar couple who park at Ma and Pa's house?  

They probably park it at the trailer park JB owns and JD overseas, JD was also living in a trailer on the lot. Not sure if he still does. I was thinking that could be why Abbie went back to work. So she and JD can pay for a house they moved into or are saving up to move into one now that they have two kids.  Jer Duggar and his wife are also supposed to have a trailer on that lot.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

They probably park it at the trailer park JB owns and JD overseas, JD was also living in a trailer on the lot. Not sure if he still does. I was thinking that could be why Abbie went back to work. So she and JD can pay for a house they moved into or are saving up to move into one now that they have two kids.  Jer Duggar and his wife are also supposed to have a trailer on that lot.

JD's single wide is on the property of a church. He has his old house up for sale. 

Jer and Hannah moved Jessa's old house onto the TTH compound. 

It's rumored that Nathan lives on the compound as well, but that hasn't been confirmed.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

How do they fit a bassinet, swing, baby gym mat etc in there? Inquiring minds want to know

It has two bedrooms. One bedroom is probably for the crib and baby stuff. Those RV are like little apartments. I think the size is OK for 2 a young couple with a baby... and makes me scared again that Rodrigues lived in a smaller one with 12 children.

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

JD's single wide is on the property of a church. He has his old house up for sale. 

Jer and Hannah moved Jessa's old house onto the TTH compound. 

It's rumored that Nathan lives on the compound as well, but that hasn't been confirmed.

The house that Anna had the bathroom home birth in? That whole house was moved to JB's property? I wonder why? I can't imagine moving an entire house, what a nightmare.

• Upvote 1

I bet so many of these adult Duggars have “storage sheds” because many don’t have permanent housing. Or they do have permanent housing but it’s just not big enough for their constantly growing families. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

The house that Anna had the bathroom home birth in? That whole house was moved to JB's property? I wonder why? I can't imagine moving an entire house, what a nightmare.

Some houses move well. It can't be on a slab (would need a crawl space). It has to have a low roof line and not be too long or wide. I don't think that one would particularly, but there is a whole business of moving houses when the property owner wants to build something new to replace it. They can be cheap to get but expensive to set back up again. It's a matter of balance. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2