IGNORED

Josh and Anna 57: Singing the I'm Stuck in the SHU Blues

Coconut Flan

On 9/17/2023 at 6:58 PM, Jana814 said:

I can definitely see Josh going to strip club. Didn’t he go to one. 

I have long thought Josh went at least a time or two while in DC and sipped a beer while there. At this point after everything that has come out, I would be more surprised if he had never gone to one.

• Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

I can easily see Josh sneaking off to a strip club by himself. What I can't see is JB taking him to one.

If JB went with Josh to a strip club it was to “save” the strippers. No way would JB be stupid enough to actually go inside and risk being photographed. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if JB has some secret* internet accounts though. 

*”secret” in that his name wouldn’t be directly exposed if another Ashley Madison scandal broke. I still laugh at the number of people who used their real info for their accounts!!

• Upvote 7

I can EASILY see JB going to a strip club with Josh, and if caught, claiming it was to “teach” Josh a lesson in how humiliating this is for those workers and attendees, and further, using it as a chance to “minister” to all involved.

• Upvote 7

33 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I can EASILY see JB going to a strip club with Josh, and if caught, claiming it was to “teach” Josh a lesson in how humiliating this is for those workers and attendees, and further, using it as a chance to “minister” to all involved.

I’m going to keep with my “no” on this but yes, this is exactly how JB would PR it if he were ever caught.

I find myself hoping more and more that JB will get caught for something. Anything at this point. He’s such an unethical douchebag that I want him to finally be brought down!!! It feels like he’s teflon. Hopefully more of the grown children call him out on being a horrible person now that Jill’s paved the way. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I’m going to keep with my “no” on this but yes, this is exactly how JB would PR it if he were ever caught.

I find myself hoping more and more that JB will get caught for something. Anything at this point. He’s such an unethical douchebag that I want him to finally be brought down!!! It feels like he’s teflon. Hopefully more of the grown children call him out on being a horrible person now that Jill’s paved the way. 

If the contents of Jill’s books are truthful, JB and all of his LLCs/businesses/schemes should be getting a full audit. Follow the money. This is what would likely bring JB down.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10

He could foolishly waste some more money petitioning to have it heard by the Supreme Court.  

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

He could foolishly waste some more money petitioning to have it heard by the Supreme Court.  

Would they even accept the case and hear it? I know they get more cases than they can hear. 

And who are we kidding? Of course he’s going to escalate this to the Supreme Court! I wish he’d accept the verdict so Anna and the kids can move forward. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I suspect Jim Bob will take Josh's case to the highest court in the country... and much like Bugs Bunny, in the end he'll conclude it wasn't worth the effort.

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

54 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Would they even accept the case and hear it? I know they get more cases than they can hear. 

And who are we kidding? Of course he’s going to escalate this to the Supreme Court! I wish he’d accept the verdict so Anna and the kids can move forward. 

No, the SCOTUS is almost certainly going to not even give this case the time of day. No one except Josh has any doubts about the verdict, which isn't a reason to waste their time.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

No.  There is exactly zero about Josh's case to interest the Supreme  Court thus why I called it a foolish waste of money to pay anyone to prepare the paperwork.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

No.  There is exactly zero about Josh's case to interest the Supreme  Court thus why I called it a foolish waste of money to pay anyone to prepare the paperwork.  

Agreed. There's nothing special in this case that would change laws if overturned. The Supremes are very picky about what cases they hear. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...

The gross thing is that Josh and JB seem to think they are exceptional and special. Thankfully they are the only ones. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I don't know about that. They both have spouses who have the "adoring wife" stare down pretty pat.

• Upvote 6

58 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I don't know about that. They both have spouses who have the "adoring wife" stare down pretty pat.

I call it the VLA:  Vapid Look  of Adoration, perfected  by Nancy Reagan decades ago.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

That look makes the women look brainwashed.

If I looked at my boyfriend like that, he'd probably think I was having a stroke.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2

Now I'm feeling a lot of joy imagining how Gil Bates or Jim Doofus Duggar would react to my use of "fuckface" as a term of endearment.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

• 5 weeks later...

Josh received NO visits from any family members, including Anna, after his appeal was denied. He also wasn’t seen outside during exercise/recreation time. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/josh-duggar-received-no-visitors-190739420.html

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/9735391/josh-duggar-spends-weekend-inside-texas-prison-no-visitors/

While this could simply be indicative of a temporary illness, it could also mean Anna has taken a step towards reconsidering her future and what role Josh would play. 

I don’t know if Josh skipping exercise/recreation time means anything, he might always skip it. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Josh received NO visits from any family members, including Anna, after his appeal was denied. He also wasn’t seen outside during exercise/recreation time. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/josh-duggar-received-no-visitors-190739420.html

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/9735391/josh-duggar-spends-weekend-inside-texas-prison-no-visitors/

While this could simply be indicative of a temporary illness, it could also mean Anna has taken a step towards reconsidering her future and what role Josh would play. 

I don’t know if Josh skipping exercise/recreation time means anything, he might always skip it. 

I wouldn't read too much into it. It was no visitors "over the weekend." It wasn't "omg this guy hasn't had visitors in months!"

• Upvote 9

I’m holding onto hope, mainly because of the timing. If it wasn’t right after his appeal got denied I’d agree, but that’s a significant event for the family. Anna could be re-evaluating.

Something that occurred to me, could Josh be on a suicide watch? I heard inmates are put under watch after sentencing because they are seen as a higher risk for committing suicide after getting the bad news. If Josh received the news that his appeal was rejected and it’s essentially the end of the line for him, could he also be under watch? 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’m holding onto hope, mainly because of the timing. If it wasn’t right after his appeal got denied I’d agree, but that’s a significant event for the family. Anna could be re-evaluating.

Something that occurred to me, could Josh be on a suicide watch? I heard inmates are put under watch after sentencing because they are seen as a higher risk for committing suicide after getting the bad news. If Josh received the news that his appeal was rejected and it’s essentially the end of the line for him, could he also be under watch? 

To me it's one of those things that is so easy to read a hundred "this is life changing!!!" things into it whereas in reality Anna and others probably already had plans and - because he is already there - it wasn't some "special" weekend for them. It was just one more "that got denied, too, that sucks" in an already long list of denied appeals. Yes, hopefully Anna is rethinking everything but my guess is it was just a "we pre-scheduled 50+ people for X this weekend, I am NOT rescheduling!" and carry on like the last couple years. 

Plus they probably didn't actually know for sure when the appeals decision would be announced so might as well keep on the current normal. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic