IGNORED

Wilson Family Homestead

HideousGreenShirt

I'm wondering if she's taking the wisdom that tight underwear can lower sperm count in men and taking a logic leap that defies Olympic records.

As for the rest... Um. Well then. Also, avocado and banana are among the most-recommended first solids for babies, but bacon? Sardines, with all those little bones? Yeesh.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

19 minutes ago, MomKB said:

What even is structured water? :5624795a281c1_32(24):

It sounds like an ice cube to me 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha 26
  • I Agree 1

It exists:

Structured water

Structured water has a chemical formula of H3O2, which means it has three hydrogen molecules combined with two oxygen molecules—different from the normal H2O formula. Structured water is thicker, denser, and more viscous than normal water and can store and release energy.

:shocked::mouse-shock::shocked:

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Thank You 9

20 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

She said water has birth control in it and that’s why she needed the super fancy water purifier and why she needed to restructure the water.  There’s little evidence that estrogen from birth control is actually in our tap water. 

First it was sex with demons and now it’s the underwear that caused my lady bits to malfunction….

OK, WTAF is restructured water?  Water is water; you can purify it, but if you change the structure (if you could) it's not water anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Foods are supposed to be “ancestral” but water must come from a machine. 

For all the preaching on self-reliance, this one is a head scratcher.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Foods are supposed to be “ancestral” but water must come from a machine. 

For all the preaching on self-reliance, this one is a head scratcher.

She seems to just want to go with every Woo fad that’s currently all the rage. 

• Upvote 5

According to her, I loved this post so much, once you put the water from the well you have to put it in the Berkeley, I think, to filter it. Once it is filtered it needs 15-30 minutes in direct sunlight to restructure. I guess you are screwed if it is a cloudy day. She didn’t make it clear if you needed to use restructured for your espresso. Yes you need an espresso machine in your ancestral kitchen. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 16

2 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

According to her, I loved this post so much, once you put the water from the well you have to put it in the Berkeley, I think, to filter it. Once it is filtered it needs 15-30 minutes in direct sunlight to restructure. I guess you are screwed if it is a cloudy day. She didn’t make it clear if you needed to use restructured for your espresso. Yes you need an espresso machine in your ancestral kitchen. 

I’m getting Goop vibes 😂 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

She just seems so young to me. 

I'm curious how old her husband is. She is 24. According to her 

Me and my husband first met when I was around 14 years old.

We got married the day after I turned 18.

I did some fundie-sleuthing and her husband seems to be 30.  Assuming that's right, it's a 5-7 year age difference and he would have been at least 19 when he met her. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 3

Okay I found his LinkedIn page. It's definitely him. It add new information. According to his wife, they were both homeschooled. But according to LinkedIn, he was in the air force from 2012-2016 and went to college from 2014-2018. That's actually cool that he was able to do those things. 

However it raises more questions with the story of his wife. He may be one or two years younger than I thought (or not), but it makes them way more unbalanced in terms of life experiences.

Spoiler

1808839341_Screenshot(32).thumb.png.4caa7d5686a7097a8291536ff11c2d78.png

Spoiler

875435819_Screenshot(33).thumb.png.5ccb7d827493bb0a0737d3ebcc636c24.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 3/5/2023 at 4:18 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

Or that wearing the wrong underwear can cause infertility?

Wait, she says women wearing the wrong underwear? There is some evidence that men's sperm counts are lowered by tight-fitting undies, which keep the testicles too warm, and if a man's count is already fairly low, this can be enough to be a cause of infertility. Too much time in a hot tub can also lower sperm counts, but I wouldn't want to use that as a form of birth control

• Upvote 2

On 3/6/2023 at 11:57 AM, Coconut Flan said:

Structured water

Structured water has a chemical formula of H3O2, which means it has three hydrogen molecules combined with two oxygen molecules—different from the normal H2O formula. Structured water is thicker, denser, and more viscous than normal water and can store and release energy.

I'm no chemist but it seems to me that taking away that hydrogen atom (H4O2 -> H3O2) from every water molecule in a jug of water would cause one heck of an explosion

• Upvote 2

On 3/12/2023 at 1:41 AM, Black Aliss said:

Too much time in a hot tub can also lower sperm counts, but I wouldn't want to use that as a form of birth control

I remember reading that men in Japan used to dip their, ahem… equipment in really hot water as a means of contraception. Seems like it would be a bit of a turn-off, but hey, who am I to judge…

• WTF 2

Apparently polyester makes 100% of men infertile. According to ONE study. That is not linked to or mentioned so it must be true. 

Here are the underwear posts she links in her stories:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230319_175753.thumb.jpg.8749a6d0bc225b83a3bb5a516a8dead3.jpgScreenshot_20230319_175729.thumb.jpg.11bf4bf2af856b352108a622def8e010.jpgScreenshot_20230319_175718.thumb.jpg.2b0c54ad97665f5fba605d0fe5187e89.jpgScreenshot_20230319_175708.thumb.jpg.26548fa47bd936be069adadc2534e425.jpg

Bonus bizzare dental ideas:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230319_180134.thumb.jpg.1333f1c33c26749ea2ef0ebeac3c7df0.jpgScreenshot_20230319_175708.thumb.jpg.26548fa47bd936be069adadc2534e425.jpg

Screenshot_20230319_180142.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 2

26 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Bonus bizzare dental ideas:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20230319_180134.thumb.jpg.1333f1c33c26749ea2ef0ebeac3c7df0.jpgScreenshot_20230319_175708.thumb.jpg.26548fa47bd936be069adadc2534e425.jpg

For the dental one where she said her son had seven cavities, she had one filled, left the other six alone and after the colostrum he's cavity free. I wonder if any of the six untreated cavities were in baby teeth and if he has since lost those baby teeth. Is she counting it as the cavity is gone when in actuality the whole baby tooth is gone? 

• Upvote 4

Or maybe they weren't baby teeth but they all fell out so technically the child IS cavity free but also significantly toothless. 

• Sad 1

On 3/6/2023 at 9:58 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This guy says structured water claims are BS. And people selling these devices are snake oil salesmen:

https://www.sciencealert.com/structured-water-is-not-what-people-claim-don-t-believe-the-hype-scientist-says

C2FBD702-727F-4C3E-A630-BBF000A0FC5A.jpeg

In 2017 I worked for a few weeks for a pharmacist that fell for every whoo shit possible. During that time I had to attend a sales pitch from a guy selling these restructured water filters for a whooping 3500 €. I sat there for nearly 2 hours trying not to show my 'What the actual fuck is that' face to much. She fired me a few weeks later after I refused to spent my sunday at a retreat her favorite psych guru held. Her explanation was that I was to closed minded to work there anymore and that I send out unhealthy vibes that are bad for her health and the overall climate at work.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 8

19 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

For the dental one where she said her son had seven cavities, she had one filled, left the other six alone and after the colostrum he's cavity free. I wonder if any of the six untreated cavities were in baby teeth and if he has since lost those baby teeth. Is she counting it as the cavity is gone when in actuality the whole baby tooth is gone? 

If the whole tooth is gone then he’s loosing teeth awful young. He’s only 2-3 years old. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I really want @Antimony's take on this crazy cray cray cray

I've been summoned to....something, apparently!

On 3/6/2023 at 1:50 PM, MomKB said:

What even is structured water? :5624795a281c1_32(24):

Short Answer: It isn't. It isn't a thing. It's nonsense. Your water is fine. Regular water is fine.

Long Answer: There's a long and deep overlap between science's interest in water and the health-woo interest in water. For the most fun, see polywater. Polywater is also not a thing but it wasn't an idea developed malciously. (Also, we got a few good Star Trek episodes out of it.) Unfortunately, I have a well-educated friend who has fallen for this theme and tried to recommend me this book. Again, this book is nonsense. It's nothing. The wikipedia for this subject is under "gel water" and is pretty clear. I could explain the chemistry of why this is nonsense but you'd have to like sit through some first year general chemistry and electron counting and Lewis structures...

This field is however, appealing to some well-educated people (including my friend, who also has psychosis so, complicating factors I can't blame him for there) because it builds on some things from chemistry that sound logical or scientific at first pass. You kind of almost need to be chemist to be able to look at it and go, "Oh, that doesn't look right." Like, when I see somebody write "H3O2" my first thought is "this doesn't check out as far as Lewis structures, at all" but if you can't build lewis structures well...it just looks like chemistry to you. 

However, my first thoughts on this thread were:

• I would not feed liver to an infant because it's an organ that removes toxins but more importantly because it's so iron rich. Iron poisoning is so common in children. We can get a dose for that from here at 60-120 mg/kg for toxicity. If an average infant weighs 8kg, we only need 480 mg of iron to hit a toxic level. (Even lower than that for GI distress). You probably won't get that far on liver...(how much does a baby eat?? I can't tell without this data) but you could push it into GI distress. Children die from iron poisoning like...all the time. Usually from multivitamins not meant for them, but it's one of the things that seems incocuous and isn't.
  • I wouldn't feed a child fermented vegetables because of the salt. Babies should not have very much salt and they can also die of salt poisoning very easily. Max 1 gram of salt for babies and "One study in South Korea estimated the average sodium content in 100 g of kimchi at approximately 830 mg" (a lazy google). I'm not giving my baby that much salt. I don't even have a baby. Or any child. But I'm not doing it.

So, uh, my first thoughts were...wow. Salt and iron. Two of the most common accidental poisons for infants that we don't (and shouldn't) consider poison for adults. 

(Also, if you are an adult who has ever had iron deficiency [me] and you've taken iron pills, you might know that they can make you throw up. I've never met an iron supplement I could keep down. Now, throwing up as an adult is not really an issue but in terms of infant hydration...no. Even if I never reach levels of systematic toxicity with iron, I don't want to reach GI distress on a child who cannot replace fluids the way I can. This is before we even consider the other heavy metals that liver can contain, which for an adult are no problem but for a baby...harder to feel safe about.)

Edit: Wow, I see now she says you should try egg and salt. Why am I worried about indirect salt when this lady is just adding salt to baby food? I'm a fool. I'm going to go launch myself off the planet now, I give up. I thought we all kind of knew that babies didn't need salt added. I'm astral projecting myself to a better universe. I can't take it.

Edited by Antimony
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 4

@Antimony this all sounds like that family in Arkansas (?) That was feeding their children ph or iodine or some weird type of water and the kids got taken away, I think. It happened around when Naugler kids were taken but I can't remember enough to find where we talked about it. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@Antimony this all sounds like that family in Arkansas (?) That was feeding their children ph or iodine or some weird type of water and the kids got taken away, I think. It happened around when Naugler kids were taken but I can't remember enough to find where we talked about it. 

That was over MMS or "Miracle Mineral Solution" which is...drum roll please...industrial bleach! 

The chemical itself, of course, has valid and neat uses. Drinking it...is not reocmmended. 

Not sure what you mean here by "ph". If pH, it's a property of a solution that reflects the acidity of the solution in question, not a bit of matter that you can distill. It stands for "negative log of the concentation of H+ ions in a given solution". That's what the H means (H+ or H3O+ hydronium ion) and the p is commonly used to denote a negative log. This notation is never well explained in early chemistry books and it's one of my pet peeves on the way we write our texts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, Antimony said:

That was over MMS or "Miracle Mineral Solution" which is...drum roll please...industrial bleach! 

The chemical itself, of course, has valid and neat uses. Drinking it...is not reocmmended. 

Not sure what you mean here by "ph". If pH, it's a property of a solution that reflects the acidity of the solution in question, not a bit of matter that you can distill. It stands for "negative log of the concentation of H+ ions in a given solution". That's what the H means (H+ or H3O+ hydronium ion) and the p is commonly used to denote a negative log. This notation is never well explained in early chemistry books and it's one of my pet peeves on the way we write our texts. 

Ph just because I couldn't remember what BS the parents from years ago were feeding their kids. MMS. It was the Stanley Family. I hope those kids are ok.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/01/21/why-seven-arkansas-children-may-have-been-taken-from-their-parents-over-the-dangerous-miracle-supplement-mms/

That is a pay wall. Sorry. Here is a 2020 update on the Stanley family.

https://www.hotsr.com/news/2020/nov/29/nearly-six-years-later-stanley-familys-legal/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2