IGNORED

Wilson Family Homestead

HideousGreenShirt

Has this person and her family been discussed already? She popped up as a connection to terrifying lunatic Kristen Nicole Young and... Honestly she is equally as scary? 

Screenshot_20230304_002006.thumb.jpg.ecb1cc1724b540a149599d2c332d31bf.jpg

She is 24, has 3 kids, sells for some suspicious supplement mlm (QSciences) and has some interesting opinions ranging from raw liver being the best first food for babies, dentists being the cause of health issues and only washing your hair every two weeks with lard and eggs. It appears she started selling natural skincare products on etsy and has a youtube channel. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230304_001951.thumb.jpg.51b08ced9f619b40f950eaf13ba81e52.jpgScreenshot_20230304_001938.thumb.jpg.e6efca3a6807320820a272617c3147cd.jpg

Not sure if she is fundie but she lists faith in her bio and posts plenty of offensive "women are meant to serve men" quotes. 

She met her husband when she was "around 14" and got married when she turned 18, they live on a 10 acre farm in Montana. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230304_001925.thumb.jpg.d92d582b13c3292182c498976136f2e3.jpgScreenshot_20230304_001910.thumb.jpg.db4651c02eb86ac015eb1884e5fbcbd8.jpg

If this family has been discussed or this is in the wrong place, please merge/move! 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

...and has some interesting opinions ranging from raw liver being the best first food for babies...

My friend and co-worker from years ago about eating liver: "I never eat anything from the hepatic portal system..."  Good advice in these days of factory farming of cows and chickens.

That said, I have read accounts of indigenous hunters nomming down on the raw liver from freshly killed game animals. 

Oh, dear.  I just noticed on your screen capture that she has 150,000 followers.   What's so great is that one knows everything there is to know everything at age 24, so I'm sure it's all fabulous advice. 

She's 24 and looks to have three kids under 5 or 6 yrs or so. 

• Upvote 6

No surprise she’s followers by Courtney Rogers and Allison Helferich 🙄 

I swear she’s just another Zoo Anderson. Everything mainstream is bad until she will need it someday. So everything that is not mainstream must be good. And she knows all. Until she’s proven wrong. And then completely ignores it and pretends like she’s always been right. These types are a dime a dozen. They want to be special so very bad. But they aren’t. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

She's 24 and has 3 kids. She has a blog called Wilson Homestead (link). Here's some info from her blog.

I was born in AZ and lived there until I was around 13, and even though we lived in the big city, we were country folk at heart! We were able to raise all kinds of animals for our own food, from chickens to hogs!

Both me and my husband were homeschooled our entire childhoods.

I am the oldest of three, I have one brother and one sister. Which was, and still is, an awesome adventure!

When I was in my early teens my parents, siblings and grandparents all packed up and moved to Montana.

Me and my husband first met when I was around 14 years old.

We got married the day after I turned 18.

I had my first baby (my daughter Sofia) at 19.

My second baby (my son Dimitrius) at 21!

And then my third (Vivian) at 22! 

You could say I’m a bit of a baby nut and can’t wait to have more! We will probably end up with 10 kids. Although when I was little I wanted 27 kids, so I’ve toned i down from there 

I have always wanted to be a stay-at-home wife and mother so I am living my dream!

She also has a youtube channel called Wilson Homestead.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

I kind of want to know what she means by ancestral foods here... surname Wilson I would guess turnips, parsnips, Brussels sprouts, silver beet and radishes?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

She does like her exclamation points! She was married in a Reformed church which is Def fundie, in the vein of RC Sproul SR. At least for the moment, she is quiverful. 

• Upvote 1

Great, more fundies as neighbors for me. I'm sure I've seen her family at Costco along with all the Amish/Mennonites/Hutterites/FLDS members who shop there.

And given our location, I'm 90% sure that she only eats livers from animals they've hunted or raised on their property.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Howl said:

My friend and co-worker from years ago about eating liver: "I never eat anything from the hepatic portal system..."  Good advice in these days of factory farming of cows and chickens.

That said, I have read accounts of indigenous hunters nomming down on the raw liver from freshly killed game animals. 

Oh, dear.  I just noticed on your screen capture that she has 150,000 followers.   What's so great is that one knows everything there is to know everything at age 24, so I'm sure it's all fabulous advice. 

She's 24 and looks to have three kids under 5 or 6 yrs or so. 

Liver is rich in iron and vitamin b12. The root cause for pernicious anemia was discovered by feeding anemic dogs with raw liver. And I like liver, but I like it roasted with roasted onions, apples slices, gravy and mashed potatoes. But feeding it raw with raw onion (😳) as first meals to a baby? Wtf!

And another example of: Raise your kids fundie and isolated! What could go wrong!

• Upvote 5

Her grammar and spelling annoy me. I know they shouldn't, but they do.

She is definitely fundie and may be skirts only, but she is definitely not part of the extreme modesty camp, or even any modesty camp, given her outfit in the professional photos they took. That is too much cleavage even for me! J Rod would swoon and throw a blanket over her boys heads if they went to a church where women dressed like that, lol.

and yeah, they're all pro homesteading, pro do it yourself for everything, but they also take advantage of modern appliances and if one of their kids need a real medical care, they would be at the hospital in a hot minute, and that care would be paid for by the taxpayer because there is no way that they carry insurance other than Scamaritan or the like.

• Upvote 7

Sounds like she is into "Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges the Politically Correct Nutrition and Diet Dictocrats." based on the nutritional theories of 1930s dentist Weston A. Price. Those theories were based on eugenics and his personal study of "primitive cultures."  This is where the current obsessions with bone broth and raw milk come from. It's been popular with the back-to-nature fundie set for several decades and a staple of homeschool convention book tables. Also the belief that if you eat enough "unprocessed" natural foods, you won't have cavities or need dentists or doctors. Processed food is a conspiracy to rob people of real nutrition. Capitalist overloads love processed food because the profit margin is higher (It also feeds more people.)  Say no oppression and eat the organ meats instead. My sil was into this stuff. Oddly her kids always had tons of cavities. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 7

6 minutes ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Sounds like she is into "Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges the Politically Correct Nutrition and Diet Dictocrats." based on the nutritional theories of 1930s dentist Weston A. Price. Those theories were based on eugenics and his personal study of "primitive cultures."  This is where the current obsessions with bone broth and raw milk come from. It's been popular with the back-to-nature fundie set for several decades and a staple of homeschool convention book tables. Also the belief that if you eat enough "unprocessed" natural foods, you won't have cavities or need dentists or doctors. Processed food is a conspiracy to rob people of real nutrition. Capitalist overloads love processed food because the profit margin is higher (It also feeds more people.)  Say no oppression and eat the organ meats instead. My sil was into this stuff. Oddly her kids always had tons of cavities. 

I’m pretty sure the Bontragers like that kind of food too. We know they are into the woo so it makes sense that they would. 

• Upvote 2

This is a really good rebuttal to the Westin Price Foundation: 

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/sbm-weston-prices-appalling-legacy/

@Leftitinmysnood accurately identifies the eugenics. I think the specific phrase “ancestral foods” is maybe not from Nourishing Traditions but straight from the white nationalist movement? Maybe someone who knows more about this can chime in. Weston Prices’s “primitives” were Swiss farmers. 

Hang on, I found this: 

https://angrywhitemen.org/2019/04/10/sacred-foods-how-white-nationalists-are-promoting-harmful-dieting-myths/

Edited by noseybutt
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Great find, @noseybutt!  I didn't realize that there was a white nationalist connection.  

I don’t know that the overlap is super clear cut. As in, vegans could be white nationalists too. But it’s clear some of the promoters of these diets are down with participating on/with white nationalist broadcasts.

• Upvote 3

In people I've into IRL, there is considerable overlap in people who fall for political nonsense and people who fall for health nonsense.  I think it's the general lack of critical thinking skills, lack of ability to recognize lies and cons, and a wish to feel special, secure, and in the know.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 9

What I’ve found is that the anti-vax, woo lovers fall on extreme ends of the political spectrum. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Like half her posts are anti-government crap. I would bet cash money that she and her husband at least have associates who are part of extremist militia-type movements.

• Upvote 1

I read a few of her posts. Jesus Christ it is nothing short of a miracle that she and the kids survived child birth. Some of my favorites

water has birth control in it 

water needs to be restructured 

she uses more butter than I do and that’s saying something 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 7

3 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I read a few of her posts. Jesus Christ it is nothing short of a miracle that she and the kids survived child birth. Some of my favorites

Is she talking about the discovery of endocrine disrupters (possibly from birth control pills and other sources) in water supplies? Or that water keeps you from getting pregnant?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

If you enjoyed her water structure posts:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230306_000118.thumb.jpg.5fd61086b1f8ebd3a2317900a57f33cc.jpgScreenshot_20230306_000106.thumb.jpg.a1881c7c21ce03b33b5d7455f7167eae.jpg

Be sure to check out her grounding shoe sponsorship! Did you know you need a copper plug in your shoe that connects you to the earth via electrons? Or that wearing the wrong underwear can cause infertility? Neither did I, but I'm convinced!

She is scary and crazy and has 150k people following and asking her for advice. She's 24 years old. It's insanity. 

She also claimed that she and her naturopath "healed" her Graves' disease through diet and supplements:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230306_001056.thumb.jpg.9de42e3ce1cd454c846e59efca4fe173.jpgScreenshot_20230306_001108.thumb.jpg.b32ade2029fb2a6b9c4816ec4d454a3b.jpg

I'm not a medical professional, so obviously I have no idea how this is treated.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 4

53 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Is she talking about the discovery of endocrine disrupters (possibly from birth control pills and other sources) in water supplies? Or that water keeps you from getting pregnant?

She said water has birth control in it and that’s why she needed the super fancy water purifier and why she needed to restructure the water.  There’s little evidence that estrogen from birth control is actually in our tap water. 

32 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

If you enjoyed her water structure posts:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20230306_000118.thumb.jpg.5fd61086b1f8ebd3a2317900a57f33cc.jpgScreenshot_20230306_000106.thumb.jpg.a1881c7c21ce03b33b5d7455f7167eae.jpg

Be sure to check out her grounding shoe sponsorship! Did you know you need a copper plug in your shoe that connects you to the earth via electrons? Or that wearing the wrong underwear can cause infertility? Neither did I, but I'm convinced!

She is scary and crazy and has 150k people following and asking her for advice. She's 24 years old. It's insanity. 

First it was sex with demons and now it’s the underwear that caused my lady bits to malfunction….

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

I’m pretty sure Zoo said the same thing about underwear. I said it on her thread and I’ll say it again. You do need to let your crotch breathe. Any gyno will say the same thing. Wearing cotton underwear or another material that allows your crotch to breathe means less yeast infections. You need some air flow down there. But causing infertility? No. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6