IGNORED

Wilson Family Homestead

HideousGreenShirt

10 minutes ago, Antimony said:

That was over MMS or "Miracle Mineral Solution" which is...drum roll please...industrial bleach! 

The chemical itself, of course, has valid and neat uses. Drinking it...is not reocmmended. 

Not sure what you mean here by "ph". If pH, it's a property of a solution that reflects the acidity of the solution in question, not a bit of matter that you can distill. It stands for "negative log of the concentation of H+ ions in a given solution". That's what the H means (H+ or H3O+ hydronium ion) and the p is commonly used to denote a negative log. This notation is never well explained in early chemistry books and it's one of my pet peeves on the way we write our texts. 

The inventor of MMS, Jim Humble, is a former high ranking member of Scientology and he learned his trade very well there. The first time I read about that stuff was about parents of autistic children gave that as enemas to their children to cure them of "ropeworm", a non- existing parasite that they believed was the cause of their childrens autism. Not an enjoyable rabbithole.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

Oh my goodness I bet that MMS would really appeal to this woman. It's awful that people are still using MMS on autistic kids but I know that they are. when the heck will people stop trying to cure autism and start trying to cure the comorbidities that autistic people's weird bodies have? Cure the epilepsy! You're that first, because it is absolutely horrific. Cure the low motility and the gastrointestinal issues which lead to as my gastroenterologist puts it, ‘every single autistic person is constipated’. Cure the social stigma and the staring. And cure the chronic pain! I am currently taking CBD tincture that tastes like rotted pine trees fermented and fed to a Komodo dragon that then pees out the tincture, just to get my pain to a level where I can use my new wheelchair. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

@anachronistic, the part about the constipation? OMG it me. I’m on a steady diet of leafy greens, whole grains, legumes, magnesium, and Metamucil just to make life tolerable.

For me, the only times I was constipated was when I had a large ovarian cyst that was putting pressure on my colon, and in addition to that, I had constant heartburn because it was also putting pressure on my stomach. Now, I take stool softeners because the medication I take for hot flashes and night sweats due to surgical menopause causes constipation. Still on the autism spectrum, as I had epilepsy as an infant, but somehow grew out of it. 

The reason I can't take HRT is because there were cancer cells found in the fluid of the large cyst found on my right ovary, and despite my uterus and ovaries being fine, I'm getting chemotherapy as a precaution to be sure no cancer cells were left. 

• Love 5