IGNORED

Katie and Travis 5: Baby Makes Three

Coconut Flan

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Travis writes a song, records it, releases it, and 2 days later its #22 on the Gospel chart. Lawson makes a such big honking deal about being a country singer, yet Travis is the one who can write a song that makes it on the charts (and not the first time, either). And his family has their own recording/mixing equipment so I bet his expenses are less.

image.thumb.png.0f594f705af8c758524bd026a11fc6ed.png

Travis has the advantage of having his own family recording studio and having a built in audience. I would say most fundies have heard of the Clarks and probably have listened to their music. When fundies have such strict guidelines on what they can listen to, there will be only a select few on a list of non satanic music. And the Clarks are high on that list. Along with the Collingsworths. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

[deleted]

Accidentally gave essentially the same recap as @gobucks.

Edited by CaptainFunderpants
unnecessary

On 6/1/2023 at 3:23 AM, gobucks said:

Mine would too, but I do remember them saying MamaClark said to enjoy what they could. No reason for them all to sit around the hospital while she was in pain. 

I wouldn’t want everyone sat staring at me when I was in pain. Mrs Clark did the right thing. 

• I Agree 2

On 3/3/2023 at 10:44 PM, gobucks said:

I watched today's video. They brought Hailey home from the hospital. Travis said "she" needed iron in the IV, but it wasn't working fast enough, so they did a blood transfusion. He said "her" hemoglobin was 6. I assume he meant Katie? They said Carlin and KJ deep cleaned the whole house for them, including washing all the bedding and towels. Katie said it meant a lot that people from her side of the family came up for the birth. Katie said they are going to have to go to TN in a few weeks to meet everyone... Travis replied that it will be more than a few weeks. The baby dropped to 5 lb 5 oz at her first appt. Travis doesn't know the difference between 5.5 lbs and 5 lbs 5 oz. They gifted a couch with some sponsor to Trav's parents. He did do a good job reminding Katie to rest and recover during the video, so hopefully she is actually doing that. It can be hard for new moms to rest!

Iron infusions take weeks to work. I get them every quarter 

• Upvote 4

On their Q&A today, Katie and Travis talked about the boy name they liked, but didn’t want to give it away so no one steals it. Katie wasn’t pleased that Travis gave too many hints. He said it starts with a C and there’s a famous person with the name. My guess is Colson, the real name of Machine Gun Kelly. Katie said she didn’t like the nickname that Travis wanted to use. I’m thinking Cole. Very close to two cousins though, Kayson and Kolter.

• Upvote 2

I liked Katie's response to being asked about Baby #2 "I have a baby". I actually do think these two will do a 2_2.5 year spacing. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

First of all, you can’t steal names. That’s such an immature way of thinking. 

Second, there are a lot of C names out there with famous people having the same name and with nicknames she might hate.

Maybe Channing? Channing Tatum is fairly well known. But a nickname of Chan isn’t cute imo. So I would agree. It would always be Channing.

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

First of all, you can’t steal names. That’s such an immature way of thinking. 

Second, there are a lot of C names out there with famous people having the same name and with nicknames she might hate.

Maybe Channing? Channing Tatum is fairly well known. But a nickname of Chan isn’t cute imo. So I would agree. It would always be Channing.

I was thinking Channing. I could see them liking it but her hating Chan as a nickname. 

I don't know, if I had 18 siblings who popped out babies on regular, I might keep all my baby names secret too 😂

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I was thinking Channing. I could see them liking it but her hating Chan as a nickname. 

I don't know, if I had 18 siblings who popped out babies on regular, I might keep all my baby names secret too 😂

But if she announced it on social media for millions to see, and then one of her sisters used the name, people would definitely call that sister out. They live so publicly that I doubt any of her sisters would do that. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But if she announced it on social media for millions to see, and then one of her sisters used the name, people would definitely call that sister out. They live so publicly that I doubt any of her sisters would do that. 

Probably not but now I wonder if there was  stolen baby name drama in the Bates family. There have been a lot of overlapping pregnacies, did one sister/SIL steal another's baby name? 

• I Agree 1

Channing is a really good guess. And I can see Katie not liking Chan as a nickname. She always refers to Travis as Trav, so I could see her falling into calling their son Chan and not liking the sound of it. I’m actually surprised Channing hasn’t become a more popular name although it’s not to my taste.

• Upvote 1

I feel like there was a sister who "stole" another sister's favorite name.  I want to say Erin and Josie, but I'm not sure.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I feel like there was a sister who "stole" another sister's favorite name.  I want to say Erin and Josie, but I'm not sure.

This definitely happened, and I agree that Erin was likely involved. If not Erin, Alyssa.

Oh and I finally listened to Travis's new song, because they posted the (very boring) music video of it, and I cannot deny that the song is a bop.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

This definitely happened, and I agree that Erin was likely involved. If not Erin, Alyssa.

Oh and I finally listened to Travis's new song, because they posted the (very boring) music video of it, and I cannot deny that the song is a bop.

My bet is Alyssa's because she straight out said that she doesn't take similar names into consideratjon and that with a big family, doubling up is bound to happen. She is also the one who has multiple kids whose names rhyme family members (although she got Zoey before Z&W did Khloe, however Allie and Callie and Kaci and Maci) 

If you look at time when the Bates siblings had same-sex babies in a similar time period, there are only a couple options.

2018: Erin and Alyssa had Zoey and Everly days apart. I am not sure I could see Erin using Zoey but I could see Alyssa using Everly. So maybe this one? And that is when Alyssa decided she no longer GAF? 

2019: Josie, Zach and Erin all had girls and Carlin was pregnant with Layla. Willow is a perfect Josie name and I can't see Erin wanting Khloe or anyone other than Erin wanting Holland 😂. Same with Layla , it is very much a Carlin name. 

2020: Alyssa had a baby girl months before Josie or Tori. They had girls a week apart but Charlotte is definitely not Josie's style and Hazel really is. 

And none of the later babies have really overlapped in a name stealing way. If anyone stole a name in the last, best guess would be Erin stole Everly from Alyssa. 

Or it could be that someone stole a futute baby name that someone mentioned they liked. But you can't call dibs on names, especially in a family with a million offspring. 

• Upvote 1

I think it was Katie or Josie who once mentioned in an episode they liked one of the names a lot, and were angry that all the 'good names would be taken' by the time it was their turn.

But this was many years ago (I think it was with Brooklyn) so of course naming preference will change. It might however made them aware of the competition between sibling to use certain names.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I can understand why Katie wants to keep her favorite names a secret. She’s not calling dibs; she’s just not bringing a name to the attention of her siblings. So far, none of the Gen 3 Bates have shared a name which is probably intentional. In twenty years, Jeb might have a Lexi and no one will care at that point.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

My bet is Alyssa's because she straight out said that she doesn't take similar names into consideratjon and that with a big family, doubling up is bound to happen.

Yep. Most people have an “inner circle” of maybe 10, 20 people, close family and friends, so it’ll be easy to avoid those couple of names used already. With 18 siblings and mostly huge in-law families as well, similar or even the same names are bound to happen, especially because (understandably) people may not be willing to give up or compromise on a favorite baby name just because SOMEONE in that huge circle they may or may not meet once a year had the same idea. I can’t fault them for that.

• Upvote 1

Didn’t Alyssa want to name her first son Zane? And once Carlin used Zade, Zane was deleted from her list. I’m thinking this might be the time a name was “stolen.”

• Upvote 4

I assume William and Jane will be used several times as first/middle names in this generation. They all seem to adore Papa Bill and Jane. I can't see anyone caring if Allie has Jane as a middle name if they wanted to honor their grandparents. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I think it was Katie or Josie who once mentioned in an episode they liked one of the names a lot, and were angry that all the 'good names would be taken' by the time it was their turn.

But this was many years ago (I think it was with Brooklyn) so of course naming preference will change. It might however made them aware of the competition between sibling to use certain names.

The "angry that all of the good x" was about wedding colors.

Admittedly they may have said it about names too, but if you're thinking of the segment I think you're thinking of, yeah, it was wedding colors.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gobucks said:

I assume William and Jane will be used several times as first/middle names in this generation. They all seem to adore Papa Bill and Jane. I can't see anyone caring if Allie has Jane as a middle name if they wanted to honor their grandparents. 

Yeah, they already named Nathan after Kelly’s dad (Kenneth) and they have baby Kenna. Lawson is named after papa Bill (William) and Gil (William Gilvin). Zach is named after his dad (Gilvin) and that’s Bradley middle name too. Then there’s Kelly Jo and her mom Betty Jo with granddaughter Maci Jo. Then there’s Allie Jane named after Mama Jane. Plus Whit said Kaci Lynn was named after both their moms. K for Kelly and Lynn because that’s her mom’s name. 

They are already using a lot of grandparent names. I’m sure there will be plenty more to come.

• Upvote 3

Katie posted a video of Hailey watching Little Baby Bum on tv (it’s like cocomelon). Long gone are the days of the no tv Bateses. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Katie posted a video of Hailey watching Little Baby Bum on tv (it’s like cocomelon). Long gone are the days of the no tv Bateses. 

Little Baby Bum is so annoying to me for some reason. It irritates me like Calliou.

8 hours ago, gobucks said:

Little Baby Bum is so annoying to me for some reason. It irritates me like Calliou.

My younger son liked it when he was small. Cocomelon hadn’t come out yet. So we watched LBB and some of the songs were quite awful. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My younger son liked it when he was small. Cocomelon hadn’t come out yet. So we watched LBB and some of the songs were quite awful. 

My oldest, now 5, LOVED Little Baby Bum. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic